• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
frankgrimes

Which (retired) *non* DetroitRedWings player would like to meet?

Rate this topic

I actually know Craig Coxe pretty well and have had the opportunity to chat with him several times about his epic fights with Probert and Kocur. Very cool guy with a lot of good stories.

I've also spoken with Derian Hatcher on a couple of occasions as well. He's quiet and doesn't have much to say. One of my fondest memories was busting his balls the first time I met him by grabbing him a shot and proposing a toast "to skilled european forwards". He looked at me completely seriously and said, "I was a defenseman, not a forward". Had no idea I was screwing with him.

Edited by kipwinger

Teemu Selanne, Scott Niedermeyer (how do you skate so smoothly at that level??), Don Cherry, Joe Sakic, Ron MacLean, Linden (good choice), Bobby Orr, Dave the Hammer Schultz, Larry Playfair, Linden Byers and Super Mario Lemieux it's really incredible through how much things this guy has played and not only played but still at an elite level.

Edited by frankgrimes

Don Cherry, Joe Sakic, Ron MacLean, Linden (good choice), Bobby Orr, Dave the Hammer Schultz, Larry Playfair, Linden Byers

I can just imagine the conversations you and Don Cherry would have haha. Two peas in a pod. I actually want that conversation for you (provided you record it for the rest of us) lol.

_Yeah I would gladly do that, but if it where ever to happen I would have to attend an advanced english lessons class for sure. One doesn't want to sound stupid when talking to such legends.

Other than that I could easily seeing us agreeing on a lot if not all things.

I actually know Craig Coxe pretty well and have had the opportunity to chat with him several times about his epic fights with Probert and Kocur. Very cool guy with a lot of good stories.

I've also spoken with Derian Hatcher on a couple of occasions as well. He's quiet and doesn't have much to say. One of my fondest memories was busting his balls the first time I met him by grabbing him a shot and proposing a toast "to skilled european forwards". He looked at me completely seriously and said, "I was a defenseman, not a forward". Had no idea I was screwing with him.

I always liked Hatcher, even after his botched stint in Detroit. He always seemed like the quiet leader when he was with Dallas. Guy was a force in his prime.