• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

matthewdanna

Nyquist taking things in stride, with class

Rate this topic

Good for him. He'll be back when cap and roster space allow. If we could send down some of the lesser ones without salary repercussions, we would have.

Unfortunately for him, it's a numbers game.

He'll be back up where he belongs. Mark my words.

Guest DeGraa55

He is handlingbit a lot better than I would. I'd be pissed after the playoffs off last year to be jumped off the roster in favor of cleary Sammy and miller.

Holland is dumb dumb dumb dumb.

I wish we would have beat chicago. Then nyquist would have had his two extra games and he wouldn't be in this situation and we would all be happy... Well maybe, they probably would have traded Tatar if nyquist wasn't waiver eligible still

I personally think the only way we see Gus back up is if there's a real plan in place to move someone, or if someone's done for the year. They're not going to call him up for two games without making sure he'll stick. Poorly planned out, he would be exposed to waivers - I'd like to think Kenny's got a little more sense than that.

He definitely deserves to be on this team, though. It's a shame.

I personally think the only way we see Gus back up is if there's a real plan in place to move someone, or if someone's done for the year. They're not going to call him up for two games without making sure he'll stick. Poorly planned out, he would be exposed to waivers - I'd like to think Kenny's got a little more sense than that.

He definitely deserves to be on this team, though. It's a shame.

What's pissing me off is the fact, that him and Tatar have done everything this organization asked them to do and even more. They've stepped up in the AHL, helped an injury poised DetroitRedWings roster to reach the playoffs and finally won a memorial cup, meanwhile the roster is filled with over the hill veterans, who clearly do not have a place in the longterm plans.

I am really starting to think, it would have been better if the DetroitRedWings missed the playoffs entirely or at least getting absolutely destroyed by the Ducks or Blackhawks? This late run really has given Kenny a false - and dangerous - sense of how this team does stack up against the elite powerhouses, hence the bringing in/back actions of some veterans.

I also wouldn't blame Nyquist or Tatar for being pissed about the whole situation.

sent from a mobile device autocorrections errors are possible!

So what do you propose the Wings do with Samuelsson? You're paying him the same amount regardless of if he's in GR or DET. Same for Bertuzzi. Who do you kick and, more importantly, how??

What's pissing me off is the fact, that him and Tatar have done everything this organization asked them to do and even more. They've stepped up in the AHL, helped an injury poised DetroitRedWings roster to reach the playoffs and finally won a memorial cup, meanwhile the roster is filled with over the hill veterans, who clearly do not have a place in the longterm plans.I am really starting to think, it would have been better if the DetroitRedWings missed the playoffs entirely or at least getting absolutely destroyed by the Ducks or Blackhawks? This late run really has given Kenny a false - and dangerous - sense of how this team does stack up against the elite powerhouses, hence the bringing in/back actions of some veterans. I also wouldn't blame Nyquist or Tatar for being pissed about the whole situation. sent from a mobile device autocorrections errors are possible!

Calder cup but we got the memo! Its a shame what's happening right now. Wish we could see goose and tats with the roster right now.

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Matt Moulson ($5.250m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($7.500m) / Ryan Callahan ($6.175m)
Tomas Tatar ($1.100m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Damien Brunner ($2.500m)
Gustav Nyquist ($0.950m) / Joakim Andersson ($0.733m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.800m)
Drew Miller ($1.350m) / Jay McClement ($2.200m) / Jordin Tootoo ($1.900m)
Riley Sheahan ($0.715m) / Luke Glendening ($0.605m)
DEFENSEMEN
Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Dion Phaneuf ($7.100m)
Danny DeKeyser ($2.230m) / Jakub Kindl ($2.400m)
Brendan Smith ($1.263m) / Ryan Sproul ($0.903m)
Brian Lashoff ($0.725m)
GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($5.292m)
Petr Mrazek ($0.790m)
OTHER
Buyout: Johan Franzen ($0.000m)
Buyout: Darren Helm ($0.458m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $64,770,833; BONUSES: $477,500
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $6,667

So is a man allowed to dream? Sigh... Phaneuf is going to get 9/yr, Callahan 8/yr, Moulson 6.5/yr... Bought out Franzen, Traded Weiss, and Bought out Helms (presuming he remains injured or unable to come back).

Edited by _SP_