• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

matthewdanna

Nyquist taking things in stride, with class

Rate this topic

Well we can put the nyquist talk to bed. @AnsarKhanMLive: Wings' GM Ken Holland said there is no chance Gustav Nyquist will be recalled from Grand Rapids for tomorrow's game.

Holland went on to say, "Gus has zero points for the Wings so far this season. Frankly, that's not good enough. It's possible that we rushed him into the NHL before he was ready, and that falls on me."

Apparently there's some dispute about this. The AP and the beat reporters are disagreeing over where Tootoo will end up if he's not claimed.

Like others have noted, we will still have one too many players for Nyquist to come up even if Tootoo is claimed or goes to GR. I'm not sure what this move is about, unless Franzen is about to go LTIR. In which case, Nyquist probably wouldn't play tomorrow, but that's not to say he's not going to play in the next couple of games. Holland-speak is a tricky thing.

Apparently there's some dispute about this. The AP and the beat reporters are disagreeing over where Tootoo will end up if he's not claimed.

Like others have noted, we will still have one too many players for Nyquist to come up even if Tootoo is claimed or goes to GR. I'm not sure what this move is about, unless Franzen is about to go LTIR. In which case, Nyquist probably wouldn't play tomorrow, but that's not to say he's not going to play in the next couple of games. Holland-speak is a tricky thing.

I'm a bit confused on the roster limit thing. If Tootoo is claimed, wouldn't that open up one spot on our roster, which Nyqvist could then fill? Or are we somehow already over the roster limit as is and we need to move two bodies to bring up one?

I feel like I've been pretty good at understanding the whole salary cap and CBA stuff and how it pertains to a roster, but frankly this year has me baffled.

I'm a bit confused on the roster limit thing. If Tootoo is claimed, wouldn't that open up one spot on our roster, which Nyqvist could then fill? Or are we somehow already over the roster limit as is and we need to move two bodies to bring up one?

I feel like I've been pretty good at understanding the whole salary cap and CBA stuff and how it pertains to a roster, but frankly this year has me baffled.

Ericsson and Smith are coming back which would still put us at 24.

Guest DeGraa55

Its OK Nyquist I promise by the time you're thirty eight you will get top line minutes and have a ntc!

NHL14 is good therapy for me for this. First thing I do in GM mode is get rid of these 3 and Franzen. Feels good :)

I'm playing right now. Considering trading Franzen to a team I hate, call up Jurco, trade Quincey to a team I hate, recall Ouellet. :lol:

Well we can put the nyquist talk to bed. @AnsarKhanMLive: Wings' GM Ken Holland said there is no chance Gustav Nyquist will be recalled from Grand Rapids for tomorrow's game.

He won't be recalled for tomorrow's game, but it's only a matter of time before Eaves is waived as well and Tuzzi wrecks his back (unfortunate, but an annual happening at this point)… He will be a full time Wing prior to the trade deadline. Have faith in Goose Nyquistfan!

Ericsson is coming back very soon I guess. They could theoretically call Nyquist up I think until he gets off LTIR, but apparently they don't feel the need.

EDIT: But it's a moot point anyway since no one will claim Tootoo.

Guest Crymson

Ericsson is coming back very soon I guess. They could theoretically call Nyquist up I think until he gets off LTIR, but apparently they don't feel the need.

EDIT: But it's a moot point anyway since no one will claim Tootoo.

Nyquist has only two NHL games remaining before he loses his waiver exemption. Baring a meaningless one-game stint, he'll be with the team for the rest of the season if he's called up.