• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#101 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:28 PM

Nyquist's time is hopefully coming soon.

#102 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:54 PM

Nyquist's time is hopefully coming soon.

With Tootoo being waived we're one step closer but they'll need another long term injury or another move before they can call him up. We're still at 23 players on the roster without him

#103 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:56 PM

With Tootoo being waived we're one step closer but they'll need another long term injury or another move before they can call him up. We're still at 23 players on the roster without him

Maybe not. Khan just tweeted this... @AnsarKhanMLive: Babcock said if Tootoo clears they'll decide tomorrow what to do. They could keep him on roster or send him down and recall Nyquist.

#104 Jusek

Jusek

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:43 PM

Another day at the office, scored twice against Rockford. Griffins won 6-2. He has now 7 goals and 8 assists in 11 games.

"I consider the Detroit Red Wings one of the greatest franchises in any sport. For a player to come in and play, it's so special to wear the jersey."
-Steve Yzerman

#105 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:09 PM

Well we can put the nyquist talk to bed. @AnsarKhanMLive: Wings' GM Ken Holland said there is no chance Gustav Nyquist will be recalled from Grand Rapids for tomorrow's game.

#106 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,057 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:13 PM

Well we can put the nyquist talk to bed. @AnsarKhanMLive: Wings' GM Ken Holland said there is no chance Gustav Nyquist will be recalled from Grand Rapids for tomorrow's game.

Holland went on to say, "Gus has zero points for the Wings so far this season. Frankly, that's not good enough. It's possible that we rushed him into the NHL before he was ready, and that falls on me."

Don't Toews me, bro!

#107 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:16 PM

Holland went on to say, "Gus has zero points for the Wings so far this season. Frankly, that's not good enough. It's possible that we rushed him into the NHL before he was ready, and that falls on me."

Haha of course he said that.

#108 RedWang

RedWang

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:48 PM

Gus continues to be forced to eat hollands s*** and call it caviar.

#109 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:54 PM

Man...gotta feel bad for the kid.

He still gets no chance...meanwhile, our team is filled with herbs like Sammy, Cleary and Quincy.

#110 BadgerBob

BadgerBob

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:01 PM

He still gets no chance...meanwhile, our team is filled with herbs like Sammy, Cleary and Quincy.

NHL14 is good therapy for me for this. First thing I do in GM mode is get rid of these 3 and Franzen. Feels good :)

#111 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:03 PM

Expectations it's all about expectations the guy is under 30 so no place on Kenys superteam...

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#112 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:26 PM

Apparently there's some dispute about this.  The AP and the beat reporters are disagreeing over where Tootoo will end up if he's not claimed.  

Like others have noted, we will still have one too many players for Nyquist to come up even if Tootoo is claimed or goes to GR.  I'm not sure what this move is about, unless Franzen is about to go LTIR.  In which case, Nyquist probably wouldn't play tomorrow, but that's not to say he's not going to play in the next couple of games.  Holland-speak is a tricky thing.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#113 RedWang

RedWang

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:15 PM

I think kennys shakin things up to either bring up nyquist or make a trade. Either way its a positive.

#114 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,885 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:30 PM

Apparently there's some dispute about this.  The AP and the beat reporters are disagreeing over where Tootoo will end up if he's not claimed.  

Like others have noted, we will still have one too many players for Nyquist to come up even if Tootoo is claimed or goes to GR.  I'm not sure what this move is about, unless Franzen is about to go LTIR.  In which case, Nyquist probably wouldn't play tomorrow, but that's not to say he's not going to play in the next couple of games.  Holland-speak is a tricky thing.

I'm a bit confused on the roster limit thing.  If Tootoo is claimed, wouldn't that open up one spot on our roster, which Nyqvist could then fill?  Or are we somehow already over the roster limit as is and we need to move two bodies to bring up one?

I feel like I've been pretty good at understanding the whole salary cap and CBA stuff and how it pertains to a roster, but frankly this year has me baffled.

#115 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,906 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:42 PM

"We feel that getting Nyquist back into the lineup is like adding a big deadline acquistion."

Sticking with a veteran joke, an old stand by, in a thread like this. Luv it.

#116 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,756 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:45 PM

I'm a bit confused on the roster limit thing.  If Tootoo is claimed, wouldn't that open up one spot on our roster, which Nyqvist could then fill?  Or are we somehow already over the roster limit as is and we need to move two bodies to bring up one?

I feel like I've been pretty good at understanding the whole salary cap and CBA stuff and how it pertains to a roster, but frankly this year has me baffled.

Ericsson and Smith are coming back which would still put us at 24.

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#117 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,580 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:53 PM

Its OK Nyquist I promise by the time you're thirty eight you will get top line minutes and have a ntc!

#118 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,196 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:21 PM

NHL14 is good therapy for me for this. First thing I do in GM mode is get rid of these 3 and Franzen. Feels good :)

I'm playing right now.  Considering trading Franzen to a team I hate, call up Jurco, trade Quincey to a team I hate, recall Ouellet.  :lol:

He won't be recalled for tomorrow's game, but it's only a matter of time before Eaves is waived as well and Tuzzi wrecks his back (unfortunate, but an annual happening at this point)…  He will be a full time Wing prior to the trade deadline.  Have faith in Goose Nyquistfan!

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#119 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,906 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:28 PM

t)…  He will be a full time Wing prior to the trade deadline.  Have faith in Goose Nyquistfan!

Dude is a real Nyquistafarian. I hope to be one real soon, too.

#120 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:56 PM

Ericsson is coming back very soon I guess.  They could theoretically call Nyquist up I think until he gets off LTIR, but apparently they don't feel the need.

EDIT: But it's a moot point anyway since no one will claim Tootoo.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.