• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

10/2 GDT : Sabres 1 at Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

Great start to the season. Some surprises like who would have guessed Samuelsson would get our first goal of the season? Was that luck or skill or a little of both?

No surprise - Datsyuk the magician. Howard with the brain fart behind the net move but ... we got the W so you're forgiven.

Sloppy game, couldn't convert on the PP or the penalty shot. Miller kept Buffalo in the game. Going to have to do way better than that against the better teams. Those fans leaving with a minute left only up one boggles myf****** mind and makes us look stupid on national TV. Empty seats again really bothered me. Oh well, everything will get better as the season goes along. Big weekend in Detroit sports coming up. Go Wings!

Were they broadcasting the same Wings game that I was in the seats watching? I have a 20 ticket package and I go to all 20 a year. I've been to games in the past where they can warrant someone talking about empty seats, but tonight was not one of them.

Is there any other poster here who was at the game that can backup this comment? People left early, yeah it happens but to try and make it sound like there were a lot of empty seats is just strange. It was a pretty packed arena.

As for the play, I'm happy with what I saw. They slowed down a bit towards the end, but it's only the first game of the season and once the boys get their legs going again, we'll see improvements. Miller played very good for the Sabers to keep it at such a low score.

Were they broadcasting the same Wings game that I was in the seats watching? I have a 20 ticket package and I go to all 20 a year. I've been to games in the past where they can warrant someone talking about empty seats, but tonight was not one of them.

Is there any other poster here who was at the game that can backup this comment? People left early, yeah it happens but to try and make it sound like there were a lot of empty seats is just strange. It was a pretty packed arena.

As for the play, I'm happy with what I saw. They slowed down a bit towards the end, but it's only the first game of the season and once the boys get their legs going again, we'll see improvements. Miller played very good for the Sabers to keep it at such a low score.

A few people did start to file out near the very end, but probably only to deal with the insane task of leaving there. It took me a good 30 minutes from the final horn to getting in the car.

Anyone criticizing this game doesn't know what they're talking about. Yeah there were dumb penalties but we killed off two 5-on-3s and they barely had any chances on either of them. Their only goal was a fluke on a misplay behind the net. Our goals were solid shots made possible from hard work and the forecheck. The only reason we didn't have 2 or so more goals is because Ryan Miller is such a quality goaltender. Buffalo had no business staying in that game.

Edited by skyphoenix

I have no idea what some of you are talking about... I was at the game and the arena was full tonight. Quite a few ppl decided to leave towards the end a little early, but otherwise there were no empty seats. Crowd was great all night, lots of lets go red wings chants.

It was a great 60 minute effort by the boys. I thought the officiating was awful, and really put our penalty killers to work. I do not know if anyone noticed, but one of the refs there tonight looked like he is about 20 years old, and he is the one that made most of the awful calls. Something tells me Bettman is training the next generation of refs, which is a scary thing.

Pavs and Hank and Abby were fantastic tonight. They were flying (ESPECIALLY PAVS). I have not checked, but I bet Pavs has between 3 and 5 takeaways already. I thought Alfie was great out there. He husstled every shift, shot the puck, and he is a very underated passer... his vision is amazing. Weiss looks like he is still adjusting to our system (I think it will take him about 15 games) but he is for sure competing hard out there, especially on some of the penalty kills.

Lastly, our defense looked really solid tonight. For the most part, all of them were in perfect position on both sides of the puck. One thing I really noticed is how Ericsson is really taking a leadership with the team, and I think that is making him much more confident with his play. The way Kronners played tonight, he could be a norris candidate by the end of the season... hopefully he can keep it up.

Overall, great way to start the season, and the Wings will only get better moving forward.

How in the EVAR LOVING f*** did Kyle Quincey get second star of the game?!

Whut?

Tell me someone photoshopped that ish.

I hereby demand that they hire people with eyes that see from here on out.

I mean, I can't even. Did these people watch the same game? If you want to give it to a d man, I thought Kronner and Big Rig had great games...but QUINCEY I CAN'T EVEN

ETA photographic proof:

tumblr_mu2o6xYDdL1r6jldwo1_400_zps6afbdc

tumblr_mu2o6xYDdL1r6jldwo2_400_zps7b7e65

tumblr_mu2o6xYDdL1r6jldwo3_400_zps1c41ba

I wish you would have added a close-up. I can't even tell who that is, is that dano?

the guy who had an assist on our first goal and created a chance shorthanded that led to a penalty shot?

Yeah, i didn't notice him out there at all.

You mean the guy who got lucky and was in the right place right time, screwed up the penalty shot, took a horrible penalty, and was just noticeably bad all game? Ya

I wish you would have added a close-up. I can't even tell who that is, is that dano?

You mean the guy who got lucky and was in the right place right time, screwed up the penalty shot, took a horrible penalty, and was just noticeably bad all game? Ya

Horrible penalty? He got delay of game for backhanding the puck from nearly the Red Wings crease into the penalty box. He was just trying to clear the zone.

I was extremely encouraged by last nights peformance. Thought we were solid in most facets.

To get a win while on a parade to the penalty box is a good accomplishment. Normally the penalties would concern me, but most of them were just laughable

Cleary and Bert both showed well. Still not impressed by Samuelson even with the goal... would much rather see Tatar and to be honest Nyquist belongs in the nhl

In a dream world we could roll

Zetterburg-Datsyuk-Abs

Franzen-Weiss-Alfie

Tatar-Helm-Nyquist

Cleary-Anderson-Bert

I was extremely encouraged by last nights peformance. Thought we were solid in most facets.

To get a win while on a parade to the penalty box is a good accomplishment. Normally the penalties would concern me, but most of them were just laughable

Cleary and Bert both showed well. Still not impressed by Samuelson even with the goal... would much rather see Tatar and to be honest Nyquist belongs in the nhl

In a dream world we could roll

Zetterburg-Datsyuk-Abs

Franzen-Weiss-Alfie

Tatar-Helm-Nyquist

Cleary-Anderson-Bert

Now that lineup would be scary good. Maybe best forward group in the league

Penalties aside, the game was solid. The team as a whole seemed to control the play at will for most of the night. The biggest question mark I have is still the defense, but I was very satisfied last night. Should've been a shutout if not for Howard waiting too long to move the puck behind is own net (not on the defense).

Sidenote: Pierre just freaks me out every time I see/hear him. He never ceases to amaze me with the scary sh*t that comes out of his mouth. He's obviously given himself a bad rep but he just throws logs on the fire (I.E. saying the space between the teams was "intimate"). Pierre, if you're known for being a f*cking weirdo, wouldn't you try to dial it down a bit?

Woot Woot, 1 down 81 more to go! Nice game by the hometown boy's, Abby, Cleary, Bert, Miller and even Emmerton really played with speed and made good choices with and without the puck all game long. The rest all played well obviously but these are the guys that can make the difference imo. Wiess also stood out to a lot too, he's FAST as hell with the puck and that will be great once line 2 starts to gel (and they will). The D looked great as well and Jimmy look alright himself. Good job boys

Nice to see Franzen had four shots on the net. Hopefully these guys are finally thinking about not passing so much. We took 7 penalties in two periods, which is quite unusual, but we killed them all off. That has to be good for our PK confidence.

I'm spoiled by baseball where your team plays practically every day. I always have to get used to the return of hockey when, next week for instance, you can have 4 days off between games.

What a game. Lots of fun and I was effin pumped to watch it. Glad the crowd came to play too.

I don't know much about Alfie, but man can that 40 year old skate and what a F****** ROCKET he has. They just kept teeing him up and he was letting them fly. This is going to be a fun year.

PS: Pasha is the man, but you already knew that.

Haven't read through the gdt, but was anyone else impressed with Ericsson? I've never seen him so confident handling the puck!

Ericsson was a beast. He was jumping up in the play at the right time, showed lots of confidence, and used that towering frame of his. He's got some snarl. I hope he keeps it.

Edited by rrasco

Great game. Very happy, but it was Buffalo after all. But I like our offense and how it's constantly attacking. Weiss is way better than Flip, I saw him make plays and crash the net in ways Flip never would do.

Emmerton is just kind of...meh. I understand he's a center, but I'm very annoyed he's in over Tatar.

Defense I'm not sure of. They really weren't challenged at all, but I didn't see anything egregiously bad. Kronwall looks like he's returned to form and was instrumental in a lot of plays.

Alfredsson looked great, too. Seeing Datsyuk and Zetterberg dominate together was a great thing to see, too. It's going to be a good year, I think.

Really impressive game, looked like we carried on from where we left off last season - skating hard, solid defensively, crashing the net, Howard looking good.

Only one game, and it was only Buffalo, but I'm liking what I'm seeing. And Tatar and Nyquist are doing a great job right now - of lighting a fire under Sammy, Bert, Cleary and Emmertons asses.

Great game. Very happy, but it was Buffalo after all. But I like our offense and how it's constantly attacking. Weiss is way better than Flip, I saw him make plays and crash the net in ways Flip never would do.

Emmerton is just kind of...meh. I understand he's a center, but I'm very annoyed he's in over Tatar.

Defense I'm not sure of. They really weren't challenged at all, but I didn't see anything egregiously bad. Kronwall looks like he's returned to form and was instrumental in a lot of plays.

Alfredsson looked great, too. Seeing Datsyuk and Zetterberg dominate together was a great thing to see, too. It's going to be a good year, I think.

Tatar is also a center, it's not his fault he was scratched, sure he plays wing but he is a center

Really impressive game, looked like we carried on from where we left off last season - skating hard, solid defensively, crashing the net, Howard looking good.

Only one game, and it was only Buffalo, but I'm liking what I'm seeing. And Tatar and Nyquist are doing a great job right now - of lighting a fire under Sammy, Bert, Cleary and Emmertons asses.

Emmerton did not impress me, especially on the penalty shot, looked like he didn't even want to score.