• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

10/2 GDT : Sabres 1 at Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

Can't wait to be back at the Joe tonight! This is probably the most excited I have been heading into a season since 2008-2009. Expecting another successful season from the Wings coming off that playoff run. Wish Nyquist and Tatar were playing, but maybe those three veterans will come through better than anticipated. Still hasn't really sunk in that Alfredsson is going to be out there wearing the winged wheel.

Let's Go Red Wings!

Edited by GoWings1905

Always a good day when Wings hockey is back. I'm still a little pissed about Nyquist and Tatar not being in the line up. Was really looking forward to the young guys playing all season. Oh well, hopefully sooner or later they'll be in full time. Go Wings!

October in the D!!!!!

Tigers in the playoffs, Lions In first place in the Black and blue division, Red Wings are starting a full year.

All is well in the sports world.

Drop the Puck!!!!!!!!!!

Bolded part either means that it's October or that the Apocalypse is coming.

Also, rumour has it that the Pistons still exist, although I can't find any basketball fans to verify that.

Unfortunately I'll miss this game due to work, as I suspect will happen quite a bit this year. Excited to have hockey back, though. Remember the rules, folks, keep things on topic and we'll all get along nicely. ;)

So NBCSN is calling this a rivalry game. So I guess the word rival is officially meaningless.

I hope Kronwall and his defensive partner rival Ericsson have a strong showing.

Maybe Weiss and his rival winger Franzen can get into gear early. :glare:

It has been for a while. Like most other terms, marketing has completely ruined meaning of words in general. Remember the Minnesota-Detroit "rivalry game" on NBC last year?

I also don't like that entities try to "make" rivalries. They happen when they happen. I don't expect a rivalry to open with Buffalo tonight, but I do expect some to evolve between Boston, Toronto, maybe Montreal.

But if they want to spark a rivalry tonight, I'm all for it!

Point of interest: Alfredsson is a Sabres-killer.

While he’s sure to spark some heat when they play Ottawa, Alfie has killed the Sabres in his career scoring 42 of his 426 career goals against them, the most against any one team. Don’t think Sabres fans aren’t fully aware of that.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/02/nhl-on-nbcsn-red-wings-begin-eastern-conference-life-against-sabres/

Maybe Sammy can be a defenseman.

I've actually suggested that since he plays the point on the PP.

Mostly I meant having him on the roster as a 7th d-man to help keep us cap compliant, not actually having him play as a d-man.

All teams who played yesterday had bad defense and goaltending, hopefuly we can do better. On the other hand most teams had good looking offenses. Watching Montreal's "kid line" play great was annoying. We were supposed to have a kid line of our own..

Still, I don't think our bottom 6 is necessarily terrible. I'll give Sammy, Bert and Cleary atleast this game to prove the deserve to be in the lineup.

All teams who played yesterday had bad defense and goaltending, hopefuly we can do better. On the other hand most teams had good looking offenses. Watching Montreal's "kid line" play great was annoying. We were supposed to have a kid line of our own..

Still, I don't think our bottom 6 is necessarily terrible. I'll give Sammy, Bert and Cleary atleast this game to prove the deserve to be in the lineup.

I hope they are ready;

Bert and Sammy only played 11 games total last year.

That is a lot of down time and a short camp for them to be ready.

Looking forward to see if they can be the players of old.

If not, bring on the next generation.

Go Wings