• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

10/2 GDT : Sabres 1 at Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

Great game. Very happy, but it was Buffalo after all. But I like our offense and how it's constantly attacking. Weiss is way better than Flip, I saw him make plays and crash the net in ways Flip never would do.

Emmerton is just kind of...meh. I understand he's a center, but I'm very annoyed he's in over Tatar.

Unless Abdelkader is demoted, there's nobody else to play center on the 4th line.

Helm will supposedly be back in ten days. One can only hope.

Were they broadcasting the same Wings game that I was in the seats watching? I have a 20 ticket package and I go to all 20 a year. I've been to games in the past where they can warrant someone talking about empty seats, but tonight was not one of them.

Is there any other poster here who was at the game that can backup this comment? People left early, yeah it happens but to try and make it sound like there were a lot of empty seats is just strange. It was a pretty packed arena.

As for the play, I'm happy with what I saw. They slowed down a bit towards the end, but it's only the first game of the season and once the boys get their legs going again, we'll see improvements. Miller played very good for the Sabers to keep it at such a low score.

I can back you up on that. The Joe looked full to me as well being there, expect for the obvious times at the start of periods where people are still filing back to their seats. However, I will say I was slightly embarrassed with how many fans left with ten minutes or less to go in the game. It was 2-0 and then 2-1, yet even with just a couple minutes left there was a massive exiting taking place. I know leaving the arena isn't exactly a pleasure, but your team is up one goal in their home opener. You probably paid decent money for the tickets, so why leave then?

As for the game itself, I thought the Wings looked really good. Spent way too much time killing penalties, but I thought some of the calls were very questionable from what I could tell and not having the benefit of replay. Weiss and Alfredsson are going to be huge additions for this season. The second line looked dangerous, even without scoring a goal. Not crazy about the third line, but they were better than I anticipated. Andersson is so solid defensively and a huge reason why the PK was perfect. On defense, Kronwall and Ericsson both played very well.

I think it's fairly obvious the Sabres aren't a good measuring stick, but I still liked the Red Wings performance having to spend a nice chunk of the first two periods short-handed. Thought they let up in the third some, though Buffalo didn't generate much offensively.

Fun start to the new season! Looking forward to some 7 PM road starts now this weekend.

Edited by GoWings1905

I can back you up on that. The Joe looked full to me as well being there, expect for the obvious times at the start of periods where people are still filing back to their seats. However, I will say I was slightly embarrassed with how many fans left with ten minutes or less to go in the game. It was 2-0 and then 2-1, yet even with just a couple minutes left there was a massive exiting taking place. I know leaving the arena isn't exactly a pleasure, but your team is up one goal in their home opener. You probably paid decent money for the tickets, so why leave then?

As for the game itself, I thought the Wings looked really good. Spent way too much time killing penalties, but I thought some of the calls were very questionable from what I could tell and not having the benefit of replay. Weiss and Alfredsson are going to be huge additions for this season. The second line looked dangerous, even without scoring a goal. Not crazy about the third line, but they were better than I anticipated. Andersson is so solid defensively and a huge reason why the PK was perfect. On defense, Kronwall and Ericsson both played very well.

I think it's fairly obvious the Sabres aren't a good measuring stick, but I still liked the Red Wings performance having to spend a nice chunk of the first two periods short-handed. Thought they let up in the third some, though Buffalo didn't generate much offensively.

Fun start to the new season! Looking forward to some 7 PM road starts now this weekend.

I don't know if you've ever been to a game at the Joe, but it can be hell trying to get out of there.

I don't know if you've ever been to a game at the Joe, but it can be hell trying to get out of there.

I was there last night and many times before. It can be awful, but that's embarrassing to leave a one-goal game in your team's home opener. Are you really saving that much time and why go to the game at all if you are that concerned with getting home?

I'm not trying to tell people how to spend their money, but I think the Red Wings deserve better. Stay and support your team for 60 minutes. If it's 5-0, then I understand. Quite honestly, if you stay away from the parking garage, it's not all that bad. Sure, the concourse is crowded, but I stayed until the end last night and was in my car within ten minutes.

Edited by GoWings1905

I like how the Wings are starting to show a little more appreciation for the fans, i.e. the huge flag, and the players finally saluting the fans at the end of a win at the Joe. I noticed how they are more appreciative of their fans when they are away at other arenas as they exit the ice after a win with a fist bump to fans, etc.