• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
frankgrimes

Baertschi and Zibanejad thrown under the bus publically

Rate this topic

So while it might be interesting I just am not seeing Detroit and Ottawa as dance partners.

Even if we each had a lot of what the other wanted, I don't see us dealing with each other for a long time. I know it's kind of blasphemy, because one can say it was totally fair (and I guess it was), but Holland going after Alfie...not really something you do with expectations of dealing with the jilted party in the near future (i.e. it's a bridge burner).

But then, Holland seems to have lost most if not all of his "trade mojo" anyway.

You're forgetting Jarnkrok.

Well if the Sens would take Jarnkrok over Sproul I would be happy to comply. Jarnkrok is a good prospect but I dont consider him in the same category as Zibanejad. Although this make you question Zibanejad's attitude a bit, but perhaps there is something else to it that we just dont know about. From what I have seen of him he would be a nice fit with the Red Wings. Big body, good skater and great finisher. But I dont think the Red Wings is very popular with the Sens management right now.

Well if the Sens would take Jarnkrok over Sproul I would be happy to comply. Jarnkrok is a good prospect but I dont consider him in the same category as Zibanejad. Although this make you question Zibanejad's attitude a bit, but perhaps there is something else to it that we just dont know about. From what I have seen of him he would be a nice fit with the Red Wings. Big body, good skater and great finisher. But I dont think the Red Wings is very popular with the Sens management right now.

Oh, I was just talking out-of-context. Truth be told, I don't know enough about Zibanejad to say what I would and wouldn't be willing to give up for him.

Funny in all of the drama surrounding Alfiegate no one has ever said a bad word about Detroit. I guess the feeling is that he chose to leave not that Detroit stole him.

I guess if a deal was good enough for Ottawa but were are now divisional opponents and GM's traditionally don't deal within divisions- just my opinion.

so as much fun as it would be for you guys to add another Swede I just don't see it happening not because of any bad blood.

Zibby needs to remember he is not an established player and he needs to work his butt off not be spinning records in an Ottawa bar at night.

So while it might be interesting I just am not seeing Detroit and Ottawa as dance partners.

Even if we each had a lot of what the other wanted, I don't see us dealing with each other for a long time. I know it's kind of blasphemy, because one can say it was totally fair (and I guess it was), but Holland going after Alfie...not really something you do with expectations of dealing with the jilted party in the near future (i.e. it's a bridge burner).

But then, Holland seems to have lost most if not all of his "trade mojo" anyway.

I don't know why, but Kenny used to be a trademaster, UFA god and over the years he has lost this mojo. The DetroitRedWings and Senators are both looking for the same thing, more offense and #1 shutdown defenseman. Sure DD might be one in the future, but so far the DetroitRedWings aren't having one.