• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Jasper84

Jasper84

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,739 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:52 PM

So for the past 3 years, I've subscribed to this but with the online version at NHL.com. This season I decided to take a different route and subscribe on Directv. The problem I am having is that I can't find what channel(s) this subscription is on and when I call Directv to ask they are clueless. Is there anyone who has this on Directv that can help out?

#2 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,534 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:54 PM

Starts on like 769 I think

msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#3 Jasper84

Jasper84

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,739 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:59 PM

Starts on like 769 I think

Thank you, I guess I just had to punch that into my guide. When I am scrolling down, it skips from 564 down to 801.

#4 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,023 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:17 PM

You can set what you want to appear in the guide.  Mine is set to 'channels I have' or something like that, they always showed for me that way.

On a side note, you don't have to use those designated Center Ice channels, you can use the regular channel.  For example, if the game is on FSD, you can use 663 to watch the game there instead of 790 or wherever it is for Center Ice.  This, of course, is subject to blackouts if on a national or local channel just like the CI channels are.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#5 Sabaton617

Sabaton617

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:10 PM

I have used Direct TV Center Ice package for a few years now.  Just a FYI that you won't get the NHL Network with the Center Ice package.  You have to get an upgraded sports package which NHL Network is included with.  I think it might be the Ultimate Sports package, I live outside Detroit viewing area and some Wings games are on the NHL Network.

#6 Jersey Wing

Jersey Wing

Watching Eastern Conference hockey before it was cool...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:57 PM

I got the NHL network when I moved out here for "free" when I ordered the Big Ten Network (Sparty On!). I'll have to order the NHL Center Ice package in the next few days. Another year of Center Ice not in hi def on Comcast. Yippee! At least the Wings will be playing at least ten times vs NYR, NYI and NJD which I'll get in hi def so I got that going for me....which is nice.

14767451334_8f0d14d8cb_o.jpg

#7 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,244 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:22 PM

I got the NHL network when I moved out here for "free" when I ordered the Big Ten Network (Sparty On!). I'll have to order the NHL Center Ice package in the next few days. Another year of Center Ice not in hi def on Comcast. Yippee! At least the Wings will be playing at least ten times vs NYR, NYI and NJD which I'll get in hi def so I got that going for me....which is nice.

get GCL then, hook your computer up to your tv, it is great quality

#8 matthewdanna

matthewdanna

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:34 PM

If you get the DirecTV package, most games will be available on 663-1 in HD. FSD.... at least that's where I watched them all last year with the package... but I live in CA.

#9 Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Starting Goaltender

• PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:14 PM

get GCL then, hook your computer up to your tv, it is great quality

I disagree. I did this all last year and it sucked. I have a powerful workstation laptop and a steady very high speed connection. When the camera would pan quickly across the ice, there would be quite a but of stutter where it would hurt your eyes to look at it.

For all of you cheapskates out there that are out of market like myself, you will be blacked out of the live games in FSD, but NOT the replays that typically air at midnight. I would a lot of times just record the replay rather than use my GCL because it was so bad on a big screen.
[ Image violated Forum Guidelines. Please use images sixed 400x100 pixels or smaller. ]

Just playin Chris, you know I love you!

lilja is an icelandic pony
lilja is an average high girl with blond hair and very sexy
lilja is about the sweetest kitten we have raised here
lilja is the comatose victim of a questionable accident

#10 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,023 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:42 PM

I have used Direct TV Center Ice package for a few years now.  Just a FYI that you won't get the NHL Network with the Center Ice package.  You have to get an upgraded sports package which NHL Network is included with.  I think it might be the Ultimate Sports package, I live outside Detroit viewing area and some Wings games are on the NHL Network.

I can't say for certain because I have the ultimate package so I actually get NHL Network but they say it comes with it.

Get NHL Network during the season at no extra charge!
Live games. Daily highlight shows. Up-to-the-minute hockey news. With the NHL Network™ (Ch. 215)—included in your NHL® CENTER ICE® package—you can follow your favorite players from the rink to the locker room with shows like
NHL Live, NHL on the Fly, and more. Hockey and only hockey, 24/7.

http://www.directv.com/sports/nhl

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#11 korrowan

korrowan

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:46 PM

Why would anyone get non HD garbage from crapcast when you can get the Gamecenter which has everything you need?

#12 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,226 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:00 PM

http://tvlistings.za...4434?aid=zap2it

Directv Center Ice channels

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke

#13 Wingznut

Wingznut

Jr. Prospect

• 23 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:42 AM

The complete NHL Center Ice TV Schedule:

http://www.directv.c...s/nhl_schedules

The Wings Center Ice TV Schedule

http://sports.direct.../Teams/NHL/1117

If you don't see a game listed, then it is one one of the NBC channels.

Take note that they usually offer both the teams' local feeds, on different channels.

Edited by Wingznut, 03 October 2013 - 03:44 AM.

#14 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:22 AM

I've been auto-subscribed for Center Ice ever since the year after I switched to DirecTV (about 5 years ago) and for some reason or another the CI channels are coming up blank (as in, I can't watch them).  Note: my account says I'm already subscribed to CI.  After the Wings game last night, I was able to switch to the FS feed of an out-of-market game which I've never been able to do before.  Is this perhaps due to the "free" viewing from Oct. 1-19?  Does anybody else have this issue?

I just want to ensure that tomorrow night I'm able to watch the Wings.

It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#15 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,023 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:56 AM

I've been auto-subscribed for Center Ice ever since the year after I switched to DirecTV (about 5 years ago) and for some reason or another the CI channels are coming up blank (as in, I can't watch them).  Note: my account says I'm already subscribed to CI.  After the Wings game last night, I was able to switch to the FS feed of an out-of-market game which I've never been able to do before.  Is this perhaps due to the "free" viewing from Oct. 1-19?  Does anybody else have this issue?

I just want to ensure that tomorrow night I'm able to watch the Wings.

FS meaning FSD?  Since the game was on NBCSN, FSD will be blacked out if you are out of market.  Once the game is over, you can tune into FSD for Red Wings Live.

#16 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:49 PM

FS meaning FSD?  Since the game was on NBCSN, FSD will be blacked out if you are out of market.  Once the game is over, you can tune into FSD for Red Wings Live.

No, I mean I was able to watch the FS-Anaheim channel 600'something during the game but it the game wasn't one the normal 770 Center Ice Channels.  I've never been able to watch the games on the actual "FS" channel for any team, just the 769-785 channels.

It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#17 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,023 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:53 PM

No, I mean I was able to watch the FS-Anaheim channel 600'something during the game but it the game wasn't one the normal 770 Center Ice Channels.  I've never been able to watch the games on the actual "FS" channel for any team, just the 769-785 channels.

That's how Center Ice works and what I mentioned above.  You don't HAVE to use the CI channel, you can go directly to the real channel.  Tomorrow you will be able to use 663 which is FSD.  Saturday you will be forced to watch NHLN b/c FSD will be blacked out for you.  That will continue to work so long as you have CI and the game isn't on a local (to you) or national channel (NHLN, NBC, NBCSN).

#18 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:16 PM

If you live in Michigan, they will black out Wings games on NHL.  Even if you live outside of the Detroit area.  Sucks, but there you are.  That's why I have the complete package...everything.

Posted Image

#19 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:59 AM

Oddly enough, I went home after my earlier post and all the CI channels were up and running.  Weird, but thanks for the info rrasco. :thumbup:

#20 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,023 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:33 AM

Sure thing.