• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jasper84

NHL Center Ice on Directv

Rate this topic

So for the past 3 years, I've subscribed to this but with the online version at NHL.com. This season I decided to take a different route and subscribe on Directv. The problem I am having is that I can't find what channel(s) this subscription is on and when I call Directv to ask they are clueless. Is there anyone who has this on Directv that can help out?

You can set what you want to appear in the guide. Mine is set to 'channels I have' or something like that, they always showed for me that way.

On a side note, you don't have to use those designated Center Ice channels, you can use the regular channel. For example, if the game is on FSD, you can use 663 to watch the game there instead of 790 or wherever it is for Center Ice. This, of course, is subject to blackouts if on a national or local channel just like the CI channels are.

I have used Direct TV Center Ice package for a few years now. Just a FYI that you won't get the NHL Network with the Center Ice package. You have to get an upgraded sports package which NHL Network is included with. I think it might be the Ultimate Sports package, I live outside Detroit viewing area and some Wings games are on the NHL Network.

I got the NHL network when I moved out here for "free" when I ordered the Big Ten Network (Sparty On!). I'll have to order the NHL Center Ice package in the next few days. Another year of Center Ice not in hi def on Comcast. Yippee! At least the Wings will be playing at least ten times vs NYR, NYI and NJD which I'll get in hi def so I got that going for me....which is nice.

I got the NHL network when I moved out here for "free" when I ordered the Big Ten Network (Sparty On!). I'll have to order the NHL Center Ice package in the next few days. Another year of Center Ice not in hi def on Comcast. Yippee! At least the Wings will be playing at least ten times vs NYR, NYI and NJD which I'll get in hi def so I got that going for me....which is nice.

get GCL then, hook your computer up to your tv, it is great quality

get GCL then, hook your computer up to your tv, it is great quality

I disagree. I did this all last year and it sucked. I have a powerful workstation laptop and a steady very high speed connection. When the camera would pan quickly across the ice, there would be quite a but of stutter where it would hurt your eyes to look at it.

For all of you cheapskates out there that are out of market like myself, you will be blacked out of the live games in FSD, but NOT the replays that typically air at midnight. I would a lot of times just record the replay rather than use my GCL because it was so bad on a big screen.

I have used Direct TV Center Ice package for a few years now. Just a FYI that you won't get the NHL Network with the Center Ice package. You have to get an upgraded sports package which NHL Network is included with. I think it might be the Ultimate Sports package, I live outside Detroit viewing area and some Wings games are on the NHL Network.

I can't say for certain because I have the ultimate package so I actually get NHL Network but they say it comes with it.

Get NHL Network during the season at no extra charge!
Live games. Daily highlight shows. Up-to-the-minute hockey news. With the NHL Network™ (Ch. 215)—included in your NHL® CENTER ICE® package—you can follow your favorite players from the rink to the locker room with shows like

NHL Live, NHL on the Fly, and more. Hockey and only hockey, 24/7.

http://www.directv.com/sports/nhl

The complete NHL Center Ice TV Schedule:

http://www.directv.com/sports/nhl_schedules

The Wings Center Ice TV Schedule

http://sports.directv.com/Teams/NHL/1117

If you don't see a game listed, then it is one one of the NBC channels.

Take note that they usually offer both the teams' local feeds, on different channels.

Edited by Wingznut

I've been auto-subscribed for Center Ice ever since the year after I switched to DirecTV (about 5 years ago) and for some reason or another the CI channels are coming up blank (as in, I can't watch them). Note: my account says I'm already subscribed to CI. After the Wings game last night, I was able to switch to the FS feed of an out-of-market game which I've never been able to do before. Is this perhaps due to the "free" viewing from Oct. 1-19? Does anybody else have this issue?

I just want to ensure that tomorrow night I'm able to watch the Wings.

I've been auto-subscribed for Center Ice ever since the year after I switched to DirecTV (about 5 years ago) and for some reason or another the CI channels are coming up blank (as in, I can't watch them). Note: my account says I'm already subscribed to CI. After the Wings game last night, I was able to switch to the FS feed of an out-of-market game which I've never been able to do before. Is this perhaps due to the "free" viewing from Oct. 1-19? Does anybody else have this issue?

I just want to ensure that tomorrow night I'm able to watch the Wings.

FS meaning FSD? Since the game was on NBCSN, FSD will be blacked out if you are out of market. Once the game is over, you can tune into FSD for Red Wings Live.

FS meaning FSD? Since the game was on NBCSN, FSD will be blacked out if you are out of market. Once the game is over, you can tune into FSD for Red Wings Live.

No, I mean I was able to watch the FS-Anaheim channel 600'something during the game but it the game wasn't one the normal 770 Center Ice Channels. I've never been able to watch the games on the actual "FS" channel for any team, just the 769-785 channels.

No, I mean I was able to watch the FS-Anaheim channel 600'something during the game but it the game wasn't one the normal 770 Center Ice Channels. I've never been able to watch the games on the actual "FS" channel for any team, just the 769-785 channels.

That's how Center Ice works and what I mentioned above. You don't HAVE to use the CI channel, you can go directly to the real channel. Tomorrow you will be able to use 663 which is FSD. Saturday you will be forced to watch NHLN b/c FSD will be blacked out for you. That will continue to work so long as you have CI and the game isn't on a local (to you) or national channel (NHLN, NBC, NBCSN).

If you live in Michigan, they will black out Wings games on NHL. Even if you live outside of the Detroit area. Sucks, but there you are. That's why I have the complete package...everything.