• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Euro_Twins

Tampa names St. Louis Captain

Rate this topic

He's probably just a stand in while stamkos gets some more experience under his belt, great choice though.

Exactly. He's earned the top spot and Stamkos is the future.

I remember that we had the same thoughts around here when Lids was named Captain. We all knew Z would get it eventually, but Nick was a good follow-up to Stevie.

It also takes some of the pressure off of the kid by having a beloved veteran serve as captain between the kid and the long-time face of the franchise.

Why were the Lightning allowed to choose the Blues' captain?

Oh... :P

That was my split-second reaction.

Quick question (for anyone out there who knows)- How are captains chosen? Who chooses them?

Any thoughts that Stevie might have thrown in his two cents after seeing how well things went here with Nick between him and Z?

Guest Crymson

That was my split-second reaction.

Quick question (for anyone out there who knows)- How are captains chosen? Who chooses them?

Any thoughts that Stevie might have thrown in his two cents after seeing how well things went here with Nick between him and Z?

I think it's a combination of the owner, GM, and coach.

Usually the coach chooses, no doubt with input from the GM/owner. Sometimes they'll get input from the senior players, but a good coach will know the mood of the locker room already.