• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:19 PM

Nasty stuff. He was taken out on a stretcher. CBC announced near the end of the game that he had sustained a concussion; the severity of it is not yet known.

Edited by Crymson, 01 October 2013 - 11:20 PM.

#2 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,846 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:22 PM

Never had strong feelings one way or the other for Parros, other than his mustache, he was pretty much a generic goon. That being said, when I saw this on tv my heart skipped a beat, because it never ends well when you fall on your head like that. I was glad to hear it was *only* a concussion, because it really looked a lot worse. 

Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#3 KATIEBARTHEDOOR24

KATIEBARTHEDOOR24

Love slave to the system

• PipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:40 PM

Kinda figured this was the case after watching the game. The way he was moving about as he was trying to get up. Hope he's not out too long though.
KOHARSKI, HAVE ANOTHER DONUT, YOU FAT PIG
"Statistics are for losers, unless they are good ones."- Mickey Redman
"Good... Bad... I'm the guy with the gun."- Ash
"Stay thirsty my friends."- The Most Interesting Man In The World

#4 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:28 AM

Some of you may not know it, but Parros is by far one of the smarter goons. Played for Princeton for a reason. Always loved him and his personality/mustache (which he uses to promote his charities). Hope he's ok, that was a weird spill fersure.

#5 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:15 AM

@GeorgeParros: Thanks for all the well wishes everyone #classyfollowers

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

Just look at how he hangs his sunglasses from his banana hammock in that last pic.  This guyf****** rules. --kipwinger

#6 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,343 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:27 AM

I feel bad because I've always liked Parros, but why was he fighting Orr for the second time tonight?  Not really sure why this even happened.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#7 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:30 AM

Some of you may not know it, but Parros is by far one of the smarter goons. Played for Princeton for a reason. Always loved him and his personality/mustache (which he uses to promote his charities). Hope he's ok, that was a weird spill fersure.

Fighting regularly is a reliable means by which to reduce one's cognitive abilities.

#8 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:46 AM

This. He's not the guy I'm being the wings to sign or anything but he's as respectable of a goon as it gets ha. Hope him and that sweet 'stache of his have a quick recovery.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#9 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,778 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:25 AM

I feel bad because I've always liked Parros, but why was he fighting Orr for the second time tonight?  Not really sure why this even happened.

He was fighting Orr again because Orr was going after Subban.

#10 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,749 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:11 AM

He was fighting Orr again because Orr was going after Subban.

Yup.

Parros was signed by Montreal to do exactly what he did last night - standing up for his teammates (not landing face 1st onto the ice).

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#11 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,749 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:23 AM

This. He's not the guy I'm being the wings to sign or anything but he's as respectable of a goon as it gets ha. Hope him and that sweet 'stache of his have a quick recovery.

Stu "the Grim Reaper" Grimson is another that can be added to that list of exceptionally smart 'former' enforcers.

#12 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,245 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:36 AM

The original play happened off screen.  Once they showed the tape, it was pretty nasty.  He seemed to be out cold for a few minutes, then he tried to get up and couldn't.  Really glad he didn't shatter his jaw or anything.  

CBC was muttering about how they needed to get fighting out of the game because of things like this.  If that's their logic, heck, they should take the ice out of the game.  That's the really dangerous part.

Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#13 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,749 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:47 AM

The original play happened off screen.  Once they showed the tape, it was pretty nasty.  He seemed to be out cold for a few minutes, then he tried to get up and couldn't.  Really glad he didn't shatter his jaw or anything.  

CBC was muttering about how they needed to get fighting out of the game because of things like this.  If that's their logic, heck, they should take the ice out of the game.  That's the really dangerous part.

2 things...

Studies should begin immediately on Parros' stache, and how it protected his face from fractures ;)

On a serious note - from what I gathered - it wasn't so much as if fighting needed to be removed from the game as much as it's purpose (Parros being 'hired' for exactly what he did last night - to fight, and jump in/stand up for his smaller more skilled teammates).

From what I recall they commented (mind you I had a few fermented malt beverages while watching) if a death had occurred due to a fight in an NHL game - then fighting would be banned...Until that takes place - fighting will have it's place in the game.

EDIT - and yes - Orr lost his balance, and inadvertently pulled Parros over causing him to land face 1st.

Edited by F.Michael, 02 October 2013 - 08:51 AM.

#14 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,937 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:54 AM

The part about "death" was just talking heads talking to fill time.

Parros had his helmet on, but went down face first.  They ran it slow-mo and you could see that he had his eyes closed expecting a punch and aimed for where Orr had been.  Since Orr had moved, he went over him and since his hands were tied up with Orr and punching, his face hit the ice without anything to stop it.

If anything, this will be evidence to support the need of a cage, but it was a freak accident.

#15 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,307 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:10 AM

Glad he is ok... Yeah freak accident for sure.
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#16 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,148 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:11 AM

Agreed.

He seemed like a character guy on and off the ice. Did some hilarious promos and great charity work in Anaheim.

Watching him fight on the Ducks, he was often flailing and fell down a lot. Parros has never had good balance during a fight and this was a terrible fluke.

I honestly don't think it'll happen in the next 5 or even 10 years, but it's starting to feel inevitable that fighting will be removed from hockey eventually.

#17 uk_redwing

uk_redwing

#25 Jamie Tardif

• Gold Booster
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:07 AM

Guy fell awkwardly. Could have happened after a hit, scrum, blowing a tire or any sort of hockey play. He'll be back soon.

Posted Image
Turtling is for the weak
Grand Rapids Griffins Fights

#18 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,123 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:17 AM

I once hit the ice chin-first. It wasn't pleasant.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#19 Buppy

Buppy

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:28 AM

I think we all have a new respect for the sturdiness of his chin at least.

#20 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:43 AM

I think we all have a new respect for the sturdiness of his chin at least.

it's the upper lip that I have the most respect for :P

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."