• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Crymson

Parros Concussed

Rate this topic

Never had strong feelings one way or the other for Parros, other than his mustache, he was pretty much a generic goon. That being said, when I saw this on tv my heart skipped a beat, because it never ends well when you fall on your head like that. I was glad to hear it was *only* a concussion, because it really looked a lot worse.

Guest Crymson

Some of you may not know it, but Parros is by far one of the smarter goons. Played for Princeton for a reason. Always loved him and his personality/mustache (which he uses to promote his charities). Hope he's ok, that was a weird spill fersure.

Fighting regularly is a reliable means by which to reduce one's cognitive abilities.

Some of you may not know it, but Parros is by far one of the smarter goons. Played for Princeton for a reason. Always loved him and his personality/mustache (which he uses to promote his charities). Hope he's ok, that was a weird spill fersure.

This. He's not the guy I'm being the wings to sign or anything but he's as respectable of a goon as it gets ha. Hope him and that sweet 'stache of his have a quick recovery.

The original play happened off screen. Once they showed the tape, it was pretty nasty. He seemed to be out cold for a few minutes, then he tried to get up and couldn't. Really glad he didn't shatter his jaw or anything.

CBC was muttering about how they needed to get fighting out of the game because of things like this. If that's their logic, heck, they should take the ice out of the game. That's the really dangerous part.

The part about "death" was just talking heads talking to fill time.

Parros had his helmet on, but went down face first. They ran it slow-mo and you could see that he had his eyes closed expecting a punch and aimed for where Orr had been. Since Orr had moved, he went over him and since his hands were tied up with Orr and punching, his face hit the ice without anything to stop it.

If anything, this will be evidence to support the need of a cage, but it was a freak accident.

Agreed.

He seemed like a character guy on and off the ice. Did some hilarious promos and great charity work in Anaheim.

Watching him fight on the Ducks, he was often flailing and fell down a lot. Parros has never had good balance during a fight and this was a terrible fluke.

I honestly don't think it'll happen in the next 5 or even 10 years, but it's starting to feel inevitable that fighting will be removed from hockey eventually.

This. He's not the guy I'm being the wings to sign or anything but he's as respectable of a goon as it gets ha. Hope him and that sweet 'stache of his have a quick recovery.

I think we all have a new respect for the sturdiness of his chin at least.

Guest Crymson

CBC was muttering about how they needed to get fighting out of the game because of things like this.

Don Cherry certainly wasn't. However, the argument he fielded in favor of fighting wasn't so astute: "Look at me! I've been knocked out before, and I'm just fine!" Yep, this from a guy who incessantly mispronounces or outright forgets names, and who often can't maintain a train of thought.

Had Parros had said beard - he would've bounced right back up like a beach ball - taking Orr with him - thus commencing their scrap.

I heard parros had a beard once and it was seen as an unfair advantage.. not in the nhl (though the jury was still out on that), but in beard growing in general. no other man could possibly live up to those expectations. so parros, being the respectable man he is, settled for the sweetest 'stache known to man instead.

this next post is brought to you by actual parros news!

pretty good news all things considered..

The Canadiens say he’s out of the hospital but he does have a concussion. According to TVA Sports’ Renaud Lavoie, he doesn’t have any fractures and his CT scan came up negative.

link: http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/02/parros-update-no-fracture-ct-scan-negative/