Heard rumors that if he grew a beard, no injury would of took place
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#22 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:47 AM

CBC was muttering about how they needed to get fighting out of the game because of things like this.

Don Cherry certainly wasn't. However, the argument he fielded in favor of fighting wasn't so astute: "Look at me! I've been knocked out before, and I'm just fine!" Yep, this from a guy who incessantly mispronounces or outright forgets names, and who often can't maintain a train of thought.

#23 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,749 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:49 AM

Heard rumors that if he grew a beard, no injury would of took place

Had Parros had said beard - he would've bounced right back up like a beach ball - taking Orr with him - thus commencing their scrap.

Don Cherry certainly wasn't. However, the argument he fielded in favor of fighting wasn't so astute: "Look at me! I've been knocked out before, and I'm just fine!" Yep, this from a guy who incessantly mispronounces or outright forgets names, and who often can't maintain a train of thought.

That's what makes Don Cherry - Don Cherry :lol:

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#24 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:53 AM

Had Parros had said beard - he would've bounced right back up like a beach ball - taking Orr with him - thus commencing their scrap.

I heard parros had a beard once and it was seen as an unfair advantage.. not in the nhl (though the jury was still out on that), but in beard growing in general. no other man could possibly live up to those expectations. so parros, being the respectable man he is, settled for the sweetest 'stache known to man instead.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#25 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:02 AM

this next post is brought to you by actual parros news!

pretty good news all things considered..

The Canadiens say he’s out of the hospital but he does have a concussion. According to TVA Sports’ Renaud Lavoie, he doesn’t have any fractures and his CT scan came up negative.

link: http://prohockeytalk...-scan-negative/

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#26 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,937 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:09 AM

Good news for George.  He's a real upstanding guy; he'll be back on his feet soon.

#27 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,127 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:13 AM

182617731.0_standard_730.0.jpg

*cringe*

Don't Toews me, bro!

#28 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,749 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:22 AM

Got me to thinking...If gene splicing scientists were to combine Parros' stache, and Hanks beard......

cousin_it01thumb.jpg

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#29 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,951 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:41 PM

Looked brutal, hope he's ok. 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#30 KATIEBARTHEDOOR24

KATIEBARTHEDOOR24

Love slave to the system

• PipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:05 PM

And now the debate begins again on whether or not fighting should be banned. It's all over TSN. I didn't post s link but I was kinda surprised to hear Yzerman agree that he thinks the time has come for it to go.
KOHARSKI, HAVE ANOTHER DONUT, YOU FAT PIG
"Statistics are for losers, unless they are good ones."- Mickey Redman
"Good... Bad... I'm the guy with the gun."- Ash
"Stay thirsty my friends."- The Most Interesting Man In The World

#31 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:13 PM

Its been speculated for at least as long as I've been following hockey (20 years for the record) that one day someone will be killed in a fight when they hit their head on the ice, and that will be the trigger for banning fighting.

Its why I hate "takedowns", far more dangerous than punching someones helmet, and one day someone will suffer brain damage or worse from it as they get pile driven head first into the ice.

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#32 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,370 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:21 PM

Here's the link to the article with Stevie's comments:

@DarrenDreger: Yzerman, Shero and Rutherford speak candidly on elimination of fighting. http://t.co/o12FGCFe2P

Edit to add Scottie Bowman's thoughts: @coachwsb: I support views of Steve Yzerman Ray Shero and Jim Rutherford on their opinions for Addressing most Fighting Issues Poll all Players

Edited by BottleOfSmoke, 02 October 2013 - 02:27 PM.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

Just look at how he hangs his sunglasses from his banana hammock in that last pic.  This guyf****** rules. --kipwinger

#33 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:44 PM

In light of all the medical community now knows about concussions, it's a little disheartening to hear all the "meh, luckily it's just a concussion".

#34 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,937 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:19 PM

Its been speculated for at least as long as I've been following hockey (20 years for the record) that one day someone will be killed in a fight when they hit their head on the ice, and that will be the trigger for banning fighting.

Its why I hate "takedowns", far more dangerous than punching someones helmet, and one day someone will suffer brain damage or worse from it as they get pile driven head first into the ice.

I'm with you on the takedowns. 

Mano a mano, maybe some sweater-grabbing for balance, but if you're going to take a guy down, don't flip him.  I loves me a good fight, but that makes me nervous.

#35 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,307 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:53 PM

It was a freaking accident, I am wishing Parros all the best and a speedy recovery. These guys are holding on each other to not lose their balance and reduce the impact if the opponent is falling down.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#36 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,151 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:59 PM

To keep it from turning into a duplicate thread, from here forward let's keep this specifically about Parros. 

Conversations about fighting in hockey are being discussed in a thread about Yzerman's comments here:

http://www.letsgowin...s-for-fighting/