• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Crymson

Parros Concussed

Rate this topic

Its been speculated for at least as long as I've been following hockey (20 years for the record) that one day someone will be killed in a fight when they hit their head on the ice, and that will be the trigger for banning fighting.

Its why I hate "takedowns", far more dangerous than punching someones helmet, and one day someone will suffer brain damage or worse from it as they get pile driven head first into the ice.

Here's the link to the article with Stevie's comments:

@DarrenDreger: Yzerman, Shero and Rutherford speak candidly on elimination of fighting. http://t.co/o12FGCFe2P

Edit to add Scottie Bowman's thoughts: @coachwsb: I support views of Steve Yzerman Ray Shero and Jim Rutherford on their opinions for Addressing most Fighting Issues Poll all Players

Edited by BottleOfSmoke

Guest Playmaker

In light of all the medical community now knows about concussions, it's a little disheartening to hear all the "meh, luckily it's just a concussion".

Its been speculated for at least as long as I've been following hockey (20 years for the record) that one day someone will be killed in a fight when they hit their head on the ice, and that will be the trigger for banning fighting.

Its why I hate "takedowns", far more dangerous than punching someones helmet, and one day someone will suffer brain damage or worse from it as they get pile driven head first into the ice.

I'm with you on the takedowns.

Mano a mano, maybe some sweater-grabbing for balance, but if you're going to take a guy down, don't flip him. I loves me a good fight, but that makes me nervous.