• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

Oilers Name Six Alternate Captains

Rate this topic

Ridiculous... There should be some kind of limit set by the NHL. I mean come on, a captain and 6 alternates? That's MORE than one full lines worth of hockey players. The Oilers are making some head scratching decisions. First they appoint Ference captain (before he had even played one game for them) over Smyth and other deserving players. And now this? Oilers are really starting to get annoying.

Almost as lame as Buffalo having 2 captains. Vanek gets the kids Monday to Thursday and Ott gets to party Friday to Sunday!

It should always be 1 Captain, 2-3 Alternates, none of which shall be worn by a goalie.

I agree with the numbers but I have no problem with a goalie being the captain if he is the biggest leader on the team. Goalies can skate as well and if there is a discussion at center ice or whatever and it requires the captain, I don't see why a goalie can't meander over there. Besides, an alternate can normally do that and it's fine like when the captain is injured or whatever.

I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but I applaud the move. Unconventional for sure, but it's a shake up for the whole team, which has underperformed to say the least. Who leads this team? We all do. We all need to step it up and own this. I chalk this up to creative management.