• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

10/4 GDT : Red Wings 3 at Hurricanes 2 (OT)

Rate this topic

Lifelong wings fan and long time lurker here...

Few thoughts going into this game:

1) Alfredsson gives us a HUGE boost in the powerplay. Reminds me of when we had another legend playing point for us...

2) As mentioned above, Id like to see babs play bert on top line with Datsyuk. Those two seemed to always have good chemistry and a knack for "finding" eachother (and the net). Not to say that I think its a terrible idea, but I am still not quite sold on this Abdelkader as top liner thing

3) We all love to hate the old guys here, but the fact of the matter is that Sammy is a RH shot and can actually put the puck in the net which is something that the majority of our bottom six can't do. I know, I know hes getting paid too much, always hurt, slow, etc.. whatever. I also like him playing point in second PP unit.

4) Still waiting for the Tatar-Anderson-Goose line to make its debut. That will be a downright nasty third line.

Welcome.

I hope this is true on Comcast. I am so tempted to just get this now before season gets too far in and it doesn't make sense to buy it. I hate not having access to FSD. And all stream sites I find by random google searching seem really shady, not sure what crap they are installing on my computer.

Should be. Order before end of October and you get the 'early bird' rate. It saves you like $12 for the year.

FWIW, CI won't give you FSD for every game, but a majority. If they are playing a team in your region or the game is on a national station (NHLN, NBC, NBCSN) you won't be able to use FSD.

I hope you're right. He's the guy I wanted them to trade up for. Luckily Mantha was still available. But still, Lindholm has Red Wings written all over him.

I'm with you on all counts.

Cousin of Jarnkrok too. Maybe some day.

For real? Cool!

Edited by Dabura

I'm not one of the ppl losing my mind over Tatar not playing. I understand those roster spots belong to guys with seniority, until they play themselves out of a job.

However, the fact that Tatar can't be sent to GR is what bugs me. I don't like the idea of him sitting around doing nothing. Rather see him get ice time in GR, like Nyquist, and get called up when injuries inevitably happen.

So I'm kinda in a dilemma. I would never wish any wing injured and I'm always hoping all the Wings excel beyond what's expected of them, but secretly I'm kinda hoping for more injuries or that someone starts sucking so that Tatar can get his foot in the door.

What if we're amazing this year and injuries don't come till late... And Tatar rides the pine for months... That would be so awesome for the team but so wasteful for Tatar at the same time.

The issue is that Bertuzzi, Samuelson and Cleary are not better than Tatar or Nyquist. So Babcock is not icing the best possible team, he's icing a markedly worse team.

So this is my first time using Gamecenter. Is it normal that I can't access any of the games yet? (I'm assuming because there's nothing to show.)

Usually you click watch and it will sit on a screen that says waiting for game to start and it will automatically start when the game starts airing

I know where only 1 game into the season, but it still feels funny seeing "Goal leader" with a tie between Datsyuk and Samuelsson :P We don't get to play the Canes often, and these match-ups always take me back to the 2002 finals, so here's to a good one!

Red Wings 5 (Datsyuk, Franzen, Zetterberg, Alfredsson, Cleary)

Hurricanes 3

:siren: LET'S GO RED WINGS!!! :siren:

I know where only 1 game into the season, but it still feels funny seeing "Goal leader" with a tie between Datsyuk and Samuelsson :P We don't get to play the Canes often, and these match-ups always take me back to the 2002 finals, so here's to a good one!

Red Wings 5 (Datsyuk, Franzen, Zetterberg, Alfredsson, Cleary)

Hurricanes 3

:siren: LET'S GO RED WINGS!!! :siren:

That was some of the best hockey.

Watching us demolish irbe gave me mixed feelings though, he was one of my favorite goalies growing up.

Edit: GAME ON!!!!

Edited by jimmyemeryhunter

Ugh I'm only going to say this once to get it off my chest and then we're going to move on and never mention it again.

Everytime they say Jiri Tlusty's name, it reminds me that I've seen pictures of his...little tlusty.

Gentlemen: please don't send random girls pictures of your genitals. They will end up online. This has been a public service announcement.

LGW!