• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

10/4 GDT : Red Wings 3 at Hurricanes 2 (OT)

Rate this topic

Well, anybody remember the first game of last season? We've got a lot to figure out, but I'm not too worried right yet. That said, we need to straighten out the bottom six and probably get a grip on these penalties sooner rather than later.

Struggled to score goals last season, haven't scored in four periods now, but let's not play two highly skilled young guys.

It's mind boggling, really. The Red Wings could use some speed and offense in the bottom-six because this current group provides neither.

You are so bang on! It's actually laughable and embarrassing that Tatar and nyquist aren't in the lineup.

i no longer think abs is any help on the first line. he doesnt help

if the struggles to score keeps up might have to break up dats and Z

I can't believe that two veterans like Pavel and Hank don't have enough pull on the team to ask Babcock to make a change there. They shouldn't have to play with "hammer hands Abby" on their line.

They have no identity, especially on the 4th line.

Someone should explain to Babcock and Holland that the 4th line should be a checking/energy line, preferably with bigger forwards and good checkers. Not a line where you just put a bunch of scrubs who don't fit onto the other lines or together. It's been this way for years.

agreed, no speed, not much physical presence and no energy. It is 2013, not 2003.

I can't believe that two veterans like Pavel and Hank don't have enough pull on the team to ask Babcock to make a change there. They shouldn't have to play with "hammer hands Abby" on their line.

if i recall correctly datsyuk said he liked playing with abs

Right now we're a one line team, and the first line is getting keyed on. I still think the second will come around, they had flashes of chemistry against Buffalo. But we've got to get some secondary scoring. My third line would be the kids (Nyquist, Andersson, and Tatar) and my fourth would be Cleary-Emmerton-Miller until Helm is healthy. That would be a strong checking line because Cleary at least looks like he's skating better, and the third line would score.

Sooner or later they're going to have to make a decision on Samuelsson, if he can't be traded then at least waive him and open up the roster spot.

It's too early to make these decisions yet, but they shouldn't wait too long because we're in a tougher division now and points will be at a premium.