• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

10/4 GDT : Red Wings 3 at Hurricanes 2 (OT)

Rate this topic

I have the Shine effect tonight. My stream (the viewing kind) died, so I went to activate the other kind (the necessary one) and, lo and behold- Weiss scores and we win.

We'll just keep passing the mojo back and forth all season. With the help of YFMB and now YNFMB, we can't lose. The Wings will go 82-0-0, and win the Stanley Cup in only a two-game series. History will be made.

I disagree. 36-25 in shots.

Most of those shots weren't quality. They got beat to pucks all night. Couldn't break Carolina's trap. Got flustered by the forecheck.

The Canes got fortunate bounces on their goals but were carrying play more of the game than the Wings were.

I can understand why people are opposed to Abby being on the first line, but he works his tail off every time his skates touch cold.

I think most are ok with the type of player there. A hardnose player that chases down pucks and gets in front of the net. The problem is Abby doesnt have the offensive side of the game you want a player to have to thrive with Hank and Pav. Sure he will score the odd goal but if you put a true power forward up there its an easy 40 goal player with those two.

Cleary didn't play like s***. On the list of guys who looked like crap tonight, Cleary is probably middle of the pack but he's fun to rip on I guess.

Weiss and the whole 2nd line has been invisible up until the moment he had the puck sitting in front of the wide open net. Sammuelsson, our $3 million fourth liner, was invisible. Friggin Emmerton was more noticeable than half the guys this team will be relying on.

Like I said, everyone not named Abby or Z should be unhappy with how they played.

I actually fired up computer to mention that I really liked the speed that Emmerton seemed to have entering the zone a couple times...

nice... the mule has the puck in his hand in the celebration!!

Good to give Weiss the souvenir of his first Wings goal. Maybe the Mule is starting to have fun playing with Alfie and Weiss and will turn it up this season.

I can understand why people are opposed to Abby being on the first line, but he works his tail off every time his skates touch cold.

I love him on the 1st line with Z and Dats cause he works his ass off. He got a goal tonight cause he went to an open area and squared up for a pass, and then buried it. He's been a man on a mission since last year.

Weiss played well all night. So did Alfie... the chemistry is gonna happen

Even Cleary had a good 3rd and OT... especially getting back on D.

Q looked good, Smith a little inconsistent but had flashes. "we finally started turn up our compete level there at the end." - Babs

But Sammy is definitely sitting next game. Basically got benched late in the game.

PP2 needs work.

I thought kronner grabbed it for Weiss.

In the replay, you can see the mule with it in his hand. maybe kronwall picked it up

Edited by Yeti

Wow, great to get the 2 points out of that one. Felt like they were a bit disjointed at times. Could really see the pressure they were putting on in the end of the 3rd and in OT.

Alfredsson had a few nice chances so that is a positive. I think he and Weiss will take atleast a dozen games to really get in the groove of playing with a new team and new system. A goal for Weiss should help his confidence going forward at least.

So does Cleary.

Playing on the top line should primarily involve skill, not just being a hard worker.

Not saying, Cleary has the skill either. I'd put Alfie or one of the young kids there.

Agreed but cleary has half the speed and hitting ability of abs.

And Imo abbys hands are much better than clearys.

I'm not opposed to one of the kids there, but if one of them plays there and gets thrown around because of their size what would you say about them.

Considering the 2nd line is 3 guys who before this season have never played with each other (besides team sweden for franzen and afie), im not gonna be too concerned if it takes a few games for the chemistry to get going. they have already shown flashes. this team is gonna be fun to watch this year. especially once we get helm back and tatar and gus get into the lineup.