• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

10/4 GDT : Red Wings 3 at Hurricanes 2 (OT)

Rate this topic

Am I wrong to say that Pavs should have an assist along with Alfie on Hank's goal? Pretty sure Franzen never touched the puck after Pavs and Alfie...

Pretty sure it went off Franzen's skate and/or stick, although he had no control (but I don't think that matters in assists)

Hey, Weiss was +3 tonight #money

Also Smith was terrible, really hoping he turns it around one of these days. Good guy, just overthinks everything.

What game were you watching? Smith was fine out there all night, people call Dekeyser a stud off tonights game and say Smith was brutal. Both played a comparable game its funny how once someone gets a rep around here they cant shake it no matter what. Same thing happened to Ericcson

Guest Crymson

What game were you watching? Smith was fine out there all night, people call Dekeyser a stud off tonights game and say Smith was brutal. Both played a comparable game its funny how once someone gets a rep around here they cant shake it no matter what. Same thing happened to Ericcson

Smith makes me nervous when he touches the puck. He's got bad situational awareness.

Smith was brutal poor decisions all over the ice, Dekeyser was awesome, he makes a world of a difference every situation he should be playing 25 min a night by season end he will be. Alfie is unreal, he stays healthy we are golden. Z and Pav look like they are in playoff form already. Great great win, so exciting to comeback!

Z really is a beast... Dats is definitely more skilled but Z is the heart, soul and engine of this team, his hard work and tenacity is just unbelievable. In situations like last night when we're down a goal and need to push to get back he basically carries this team on his back like a true captain and leader!

Things I've noticed so far... Nyquist and Tatar need to be in the lineup. Cleary can stay, as long as Bert and Sammy are not in the regular rotation. Add a healthy back on track Helm, and we have ourselves a top tier team. I would use either Tatar or Nyquist on the second line, dropping Franzen to the 3rd. It'll give him more space and opportunity to float, and do what he does. Adding Tatar and Nyquist would give us 2a and 2b in terms of a second line. It was pretty obvious that our 2nd PP unit, our inability to get the puck out of our zone and make that first pass, as well as our super slow, ineffective 3rd and 4th lines, are what is holding this team back from really excelling and impressing.

Props to Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Abby and Alfredsson. Those guys really stood out to me. In 2-4 years experience time, we undoubtedly will have the best d-corps in the league.

Calm down there newf buddy, I didn't praise Dekeyser either. Smith had a few turnovers that were caused by overthinking it, and a couple of plays at the point where he could've put it on net but paused for a second and it was going the other way. I know his reputation your talking about, but that's not me. I like the guy, already said in the GDT I believe he can turn out like Ericsson in the long run, just for now he's a big of a work in progress.

Calm down there newf buddy, I didn't praise Dekeyser either. Smith had a few turnovers that were caused by overthinking it, and a couple of plays at the point where he could've put it on net but paused for a second and it was going the other way. I know his reputation your talking about, but that's not me. I like the guy, already said in the GDT I believe he can turn out like Ericsson in the long run, just for now he's a big of a work in progress.

Probably came across as more condescending than I meant to but honestly there is no reason to even bring up his play as bad last night. He created offensive chances and made no real defensive mistakes. The goal he was on the ice for he played it perfectly against a pretty good player and Quincey messed up royally. I've actually seen some people say he was one of the wings better players last night and even had him as a star (I think he was solid but not top 3) the only reason people would be saying anythnig bad about his play is because hes getting the Ericcson treatment where everyone hates on him and watches for one little thing he does wrong. Smith played like a second pair dman last night

So does Cleary.

Playing on the top line should primarily involve skill, not just being a hard worker.

Not saying, Cleary has the skill either. I'd put Alfie or one of the young kids there.

Typically, I would agree with this, but not when the other two players are Z and Dats. The biggest help the third linemate can give them is getting to the net and staying out of the f*cking way. Keeping a player or two away from these guys and screening the goalie is all those two need to put the puck in the net. Z and Dats' linemate solely needs to be hard to move and be able to make a redirect.