Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

10/4 GDT : Red Wings 3 at Hurricanes 2 (OT)

• Please log in to reply
463 replies to this topic

#401 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,225 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:54 PM

Great comeback and win! Very happy for Weiss -- I thought both him and Alfie played well tonight. The big guns are impressive as expected, but something has to give on the bottom two lines. Samuelsson needs to sit for Tatar immediately and Bertuzzi is close behind.

Jimmy was steady as usual. DeKeyser is so impressive and really solidifies the defense.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#402 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,983 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:55 PM

This is great. I had to step away at the end of the 2nd and I was so sure (97%) that I wouldn't be missing anything in the third. Figures.

And, elsewhere - Jokinen scored?! Holy crap.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#403 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,023 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:55 PM

Ericsson was sloppy for a while and now he is a stud. Wait to criticize Smith after this season.

Oh for sure. Big E was terrible and then all of sudden last season figured it out, I have faith Smith can pan out a similar way. Just pointing out that as of now, work in progress haha.

#NOMOREKINDL

#404 Mckinley25

Mckinley25

4th Line Grinder

• Bronze Booster
  • 257 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:56 PM

And hudler again.

#405 Mike J.

Mike J.

Rookie

• Pip
  • 192 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:56 PM

I was definitely glad to not see Sammy on the ice for the latter part of the game, he handed the Canes the puck every time he was out there. Weiss definitely earned that goal as well, he was hustling his ass off these first few games. That was a fun game to watch, well.. the end of it atleast.

#406 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,855 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:57 PM

Wow. I feel kind of dirty after we got those two points. What an ugly win.

#407 Seraph

Seraph

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:00 PM

Was stoked to see things go our way at the end. Excellent way to end a crap busy day.

Formerly known as The Nephilim.

QUOTE (Amberoonie)
Babs sure hurries himself into the presser, sits down, and f*cks up a bottle of water like no one in the room has had any for days.

#408 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,867 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:00 PM

I was definitely glad to not see Sammy on the ice for the latter part of the game, he handed the Canes the puck every time he was out there. Weiss definitely earned that goal as well, he was hustling his ass off these first few games. That was a fun game to watch, well.. the end of it atleast.

Sammy played a whopping 9 and a half minutes. Two and a half of which was on the power play.

Right now he's looking like one of Holland's worst signings. But hopefully he'll find some way to come close to earning his contract.

#409 barabbas16

barabbas16

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:02 PM

"So it's good for him, and good for us."  - Babs

oh, and Emdog worked hard out there too.

Not really relevant.... but did anybody else think that the numbers on the back of Emmerton's jersey looked further down from his name then normal?  Maybe I was just imagining it, but it seemed a little off...

#410 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:06 PM

And hudler again.

2 for brunner tonight

Sammy played a whopping 9 and a half minutes. Two and a half of which was on the power play.

Right now he's looking like one of Holland's worst signings. But hopefully he'll find some way to come close to earning his contract.

only 2 shifts in the 3rd. might see tatar tomorrow

#411 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:07 PM

What are you thinking? Sammy gives free car washes to everyone at the Joe while you watch the game?

#412 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,867 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:11 PM

What are you thinking? Sammy gives free car washes to everyone at the Joe while you watch the game?

For $3 million he needs to give the cars a full detailing. And maybe give everyone a ride home.

#413 sjr2012

sjr2012

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:16 PM

Wings 3-2 Pavs Alfie Miller

got the score :)

they need to sit him I just hate that tatar not playin

try to get something by me i dare you

:goalie:

#414 Fingercots

Fingercots

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:18 PM

I don't know if anyone else has already said this (someone probably has) but DeKeyser looks like he will be the best defensive defenseman that the Wings have for many years to come.  DeKeyser never seems to make mistakes, players can't get past him one-on-one, and the stick he plays with is so long that it seems to fool people and he manages to sweep and poke check the puck from ridiculous distances.  

If DeKeyser develops some legit offensive skills, he will go down as an all-time great defenseman.

#415 KATIEBARTHEDOOR24

KATIEBARTHEDOOR24

Love slave to the system

• PipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:20 PM

May I say just one thing...

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
KOHARSKI, HAVE ANOTHER DONUT, YOU FAT PIG
"Statistics are for losers, unless they are good ones."- Mickey Redman
"Good... Bad... I'm the guy with the gun."- Ash
"Stay thirsty my friends."- The Most Interesting Man In The World

#416 AndrewK80

AndrewK80

Jr. Prospect

• 20 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:28 PM

Nice win.  Exciting stuff.  I was worried about our offense but it really came through at the end.

The Wings aren't used to ugly wins like these.

#417 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,983 posts

I don't know if anyone else has already said this (someone probably has) but DeKeyser looks like he will be the best defensive defenseman that the Wings have for many years to come.  DeKeyser never seems to make mistakes, players can't get past him one-on-one, and the stick he plays with is so long that it seems to fool people and he manages to sweep and poke check the puck from ridiculous distances.  

If DeKeyser develops some legit offensive skills, he will go down as an all-time great defenseman.

He reminds me a bit of Lidstrom.

Jets are embarrassing the Kings right now. Mock chant for Quick.

Edited by Dabura, 04 October 2013 - 09:59 PM.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#418 sjr2012

sjr2012

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Overall experience tonight

Pavs: Great as usual not the main  reason for our victory tonight but still damn good with the stick

Zety: My hero the man kept coming till he got the tie also did great setting up Abby nothing short of perfect

DD: this kid is a stud cant do anything to him and he doesn't make many mistakes if not any

Sammy: pfft nuff said

Mule:  overall not bad on crashing the net and of course at the end with Weiss

Alfie: Working hard feel so bad for him he wants that goal so bad he will get it soon

Weiss: never quit brought it all night so happy for him getting the win

Jimmy: kept us going great as usual both goals weren't his fault and he let nothing else in straight on

try to get something by me i dare you

:goalie:

#419 thegerkin

thegerkin

Statue of Liberty!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:35 PM

Was the ice terrible? That puck never settled the whole game. The Wings will continue to gel and the timing will come with that.

#420 PumpkinEscobar

PumpkinEscobar

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:47 PM

Would like to see Tatar and Lashoff in for Sammy and Quincey tomorrow night