Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

10/4 GDT : Red Wings 3 at Hurricanes 2 (OT)

• Please log in to reply
463 replies to this topic

#421 Dabura

Dabura

Cake Eater

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,153 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:50 PM

BVxukt2IcAAzzx8.jpg

https://twitter.com/...0924416/photo/1

Don't Toews me, bro!

#422 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,387 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:50 PM

Didn't get to see it but listened, awesome win. 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#423 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,387 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:57 PM

183124787_slide.jpg

• Nev likes this

"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#424 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:57 PM

Am I wrong to say that Pavs should have an assist along with Alfie on Hank's goal? Pretty sure Franzen never touched the puck after Pavs and Alfie...

#425 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:59 PM

Am I wrong to say that Pavs should have an assist along with Alfie on Hank's goal? Pretty sure Franzen never touched the puck after Pavs and Alfie...

It may have just went off franzen after it hit the goalie. But not too sure

Edited by Nyquistfan14, 04 October 2013 - 09:59 PM.

#426 SDavis35

SDavis35

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:34 PM

Pretty sure it went off Franzen's skate and/or stick, although he had no control (but I don't think that matters in assists) 

#427 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:45 PM

Pretty sure it went off Franzen's skate and/or stick, although he had no control (but I don't think that matters in assists) 

No it doesn't matter. Pretty sure it did hit mule.

#428 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:50 PM

Hey, Weiss was +3 tonight #money

Also Smith was terrible, really hoping he turns it around one of these days. Good guy, just overthinks everything.

What game were you watching? Smith was fine out there all night, people call Dekeyser a stud off tonights game and say Smith was brutal. Both played a comparable game its funny how once someone gets a rep around here they cant shake it no matter what. Same thing happened to Ericcson

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#429 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,387 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:05 PM

183125828_slide.jpg

#430 anthonyn66

anthonyn66

Wings fan in Leaf Nation

• PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:36 PM

WOW does Alfie look unbelievable or what?!? Playing like he's 26!

#431 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:32 AM

What game were you watching? Smith was fine out there all night, people call Dekeyser a stud off tonights game and say Smith was brutal. Both played a comparable game its funny how once someone gets a rep around here they cant shake it no matter what. Same thing happened to Ericcson

Smith makes me nervous when he touches the puck. He's got bad situational awareness.

#432 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:06 AM

BVSs0gvCcAETynz.jpg

#433 Dabura

Dabura

Cake Eater

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,153 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:18 AM

183125828_slide.jpg

Hot.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#434 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:39 AM

Wow, sounded like the Wings were at home for the winner :)

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#435 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:12 AM

WOW does Alfie look unbelievable or what?!? Playing like he's 26!

Not at all
Posted Image

#436 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 08:17 AM

Smith was brutal poor decisions all over the ice, Dekeyser was awesome, he makes a world of a difference every situation he should be playing 25 min a night by season end he will be. Alfie is unreal, he stays healthy we are golden. Z and Pav look like they are in playoff form already. Great great win, so exciting to comeback!

#437 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,050 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 08:23 AM

I was at the game. It was awesome.

For some reason my right knee and shoulder really hurt. I don't remember why..

Posted Image

#438 Ekmanc

Ekmanc

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 08:42 AM

Z really is a beast... Dats is definitely more skilled but Z is the heart, soul and engine of this team, his hard work and tenacity is just unbelievable. In situations  like last night when we're down a goal and need to push to get back he basically carries this team on his back like a true captain and leader!

#439 CMatt89

CMatt89

The REAL great one...

• PipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 09:07 AM

Things I've noticed so far... Nyquist and Tatar need to be in the lineup. Cleary can stay, as long as Bert and Sammy are not in the regular rotation. Add a healthy back on track Helm, and we have ourselves a top tier team. I would use either Tatar or Nyquist on the second line, dropping Franzen to the 3rd. It'll give him more space and opportunity to float, and do what he does. Adding Tatar and Nyquist would give us 2a and 2b in terms of a second line. It was pretty obvious that our 2nd PP unit, our inability to get the puck out of our zone and make that first pass, as well as our super slow, ineffective 3rd and 4th lines, are what is holding this team back from really excelling and impressing.  

Props to Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Abby and Alfredsson. Those guys really stood out to me. In 2-4 years experience time, we undoubtedly will have the best d-corps in the league. 

#440 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 18,873 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 09:38 AM

Calm down there newf buddy, I didn't praise Dekeyser either. Smith had a few turnovers that were caused by overthinking it, and a couple of plays at the point where he could've put it on net but paused for a second and it was going the other way. I know his reputation your talking about, but that's not me. I like the guy, already said in the GDT I believe he can turn out like Ericsson in the long run, just for now he's a big of a work in progress.

#NOMOREKINDL