• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

10/4 GDT : Red Wings 3 at Hurricanes 2 (OT)

Rate this topic

Typically, I would agree with this, but not when the other two players are Z and Dats. The biggest help the third linemate can give them is getting to the net and staying out of the f*cking way. Keeping a player or two away from these guys and screening the goalie is all those two need to put the puck in the net. Z and Dats' linemate solely needs to be hard to move and be able to make a redirect.

And he needs to dig pucks out of the corner, a good pressure forecheck, set some picks... Imho, Abby is an excellent compliment to Dats and Z. Not EVERYONE on the line needs to score a point per game to have a successful line. Like Datsyuk said about Abby, “It’s like there is somebody who needs to pull the piano and somebody needs to play the piano, This is a guy who is one of the guys who pulls the piano.”

So I sort of half-interestedly re-watched (NHL Network). Didn't know it was Alfie with the blind man's assist on Z's equalizer. He - Alfie - was so psyched on the bench. It looked like he gave Z a big ol' butt slap, and then he did a super slide to the right on the bench. It was cool to see him so happy.

We were soooo lucky to come out of there with two points. Sooooooo lucky.

Guest Crymson

So I sort of half-interestedly re-watched (NHL Network). Didn't know it was Alfie with the blind man's assist on Z's equalizer. He - Alfie - was so psyched on the bench. It looked like he gave Z a big ol' butt slap, and then he did a super slide to the right on the bench. It was cool to see him so happy.

We were soooo lucky to come out of there with two points. Sooooooo lucky.

It was good play, not luck.

It was good play, not luck.

It was both, but heavy on the luck.

Zetterberg's shot deflects right to Abdelkader (I'm sure he planned it that way), and his other shot - while he did hit the spot he was generally aiming for - wouldn't go in for him eight or nine times out of ten. And also, Alfredsson's pass to Zetterberg was borderline blind. And the 'canes had a ton of chances, not all of which didn't go in because "We're just that good."

Point being, ZOMG THE WINGS SUCK. LOOK AT ME, CRYMSON, I'M POINTING AT THE WINGS AND SAYING THEY SUCK. HA HA HA HA.