• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Godscrasher

Babcock playing in the UK

Rate this topic

Hi,

From the UK here, came across this video clip on Youtube and thought it might serve well here.

Babcock played for my local team the Whitley Warriors who are based in Whitley Bay on the coast of Newcastle Upon Tyne in the North East of England. There is a small article on his Wiki page about his short playing/coaching career in the UK.

Babcock was a trio of signing for the Warrriors along with Scott Morrison and Luc Chabot. This was at a time when Ice Hockey in the UK was gaining vast popularity. Sadly it is nowhere near as exciting as it used to be these days.

The following video shows Babcock in action against Fife Flyers (scottish team) in the play off finals held at Wembley Arena.

299386_10150279081443952_3918027_n.jpg

Some history of the Warriros:

http://www.whitleywarriors.net/history

Hi,

From the UK here, came across this video clip on Youtube and thought it might serve well here.

Babcock played for my local team the Whitley Warriors who are based in Whitley Bay on the coast of Newcastle Upon Tyne in the North East of England. There is a small article on his Wiki page about his short playing/coaching career in the UK.

Babcock was a trio of signing for the Warrriors along with Scott Morrison and Luc Chabot. This was at a time when Ice Hockey in the UK was gaining vast popularity. Sadly it is nowhere near as exciting as it used to be these days.

The following video shows Babcock in action against Fife Flyers (scottish team) in the play off finals held at Wembley Arena.

Love it mate, I'm a fife flyers fan so great to see some old footage! I've heard a story of Babcock (must have been on NHL.com) that he and the other imports used to come to Edinburgh buy cars at the auctions and then sell them the way back for extra cash.

Young Not Floating Mike Babcock (YNFMB)! May he bring us good luck for the upcoming season. Only one more youthful picture and we will have the Holy Trinity of Young Babcocks. Young Floating Mike Babcock (the Father), Young Not Floating Mike Babcock (the Son), and Young TBD Mike Babcock (the Holy Spirit). On second thought, maybe YFMB should be the Holy Spirit? What with the floating and all...

Ahhh, Saturday afternoons watching Grandstand with Barry Davies doing the commentary, the Durham Wasps, and of course the legend that was Hilton Ruggles :)

Haha you know I had totally forgotten about Hilton Ruggles, always entertaining when he played for Milton Keynes.