• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

10/5 GDT : Red Wings 1 at Bruins 4

Rate this topic

The problem is Smith is playing with the wrong Dman. He should NOT be playing with Quincy, but rather should be playing with Danny D. Danny D is so much more solid and responsible than Quincy that it would allow Smith to simplify his game more and play his style... I really wish Babs would try that out.

I still believe Wings were simply gassed... next Monday will be a much more accurate test. Also, even though the Wings were outplayed, I still think the refs let the Bruins get away with a LOT of holding, especially holding against Pavs. Nevertheless, I am not worried at all about the Wings. One thing is for sure... we need to assemble our key playoff 3rd line of Anderson, Nyquist, Tatar and then just have the 4th line be veterans like Boston.

Hank- Pavs- Abby

Franzen-Weiss- Alfie

Nyquist-Anderson-Tatar

Cleary-Helm(when back)-Bertuzzi/Miller

IMO this will be the best use of the lines for the Wings

The problem is Smith is playing with the wrong Dman. He should NOT be playing with Quincy, but rather should be playing with Danny D. Danny D is so much more solid and responsible than Quincy that it would allow Smith to simplify his game more and play his style... I really wish Babs would try that out.

I still believe Wings were simply gassed... next Monday will be a much more accurate test. Also, even though the Wings were outplayed, I still think the refs let the Bruins get away with a LOT of holding, especially holding against Pavs. Nevertheless, I am not worried at all about the Wings. One thing is for sure... we need to assemble our key playoff 3rd line of Anderson, Nyquist, Tatar and then just have the 4th line be veterans like Boston.

Hank- Pavs- Abby

Franzen-Weiss- Alfie

Nyquist-Anderson-Tatar

Cleary-Helm(when back)-Bertuzzi/Miller

IMO this will be the best use of the lines for the Wings

The problem is they won't call up nyquist. If it was me and I couldn't have nyquist up I would seriously consider these lines...

Bert- pav- z

Mule-Weiss-alfy

Tatar-Anderson-Abby

Cleary-emmerton-miller

Guest Crymson

The problem is they won't call up nyquist. If it was me and I couldn't have nyquist up I would seriously consider these lines...

Bert- pav- z

Mule-Weiss-alfy

Tatar-Anderson-Abby

Cleary-emmerton-miller

I really don't think that the lack of Nyquist was the difference tonight.

Bert- pav- z

Mule-Weiss-alfy

Tatar-Anderson-Abby

Cleary-emmerton-miller

I don't hate it. I really like the idea of having a fast, high energy third line.

I thought the young guys are the reason the Wings played so much better in last year's playoffs than the year before. That 3rd line rejuvenated the team. Now, Brunner is gone, while Nyquist is in the minors.

Guest Crymson

Blame this on the schedule if you'd like but this team has to be better. The Wings played like crap two nights in a row. Yes they got the win from the Canes but they got out played for 55 minutes. 2 things are certain Smith still sucks and Franzen still floats

You classify a 38-25 shot advantage as being outplayed for 55 minutes? The Canes' announce team was talking about how the team was simply hanging on for most of the game.

Here's a poem.

Holland and Babs

better FIX

the bottom SIX

Especially the fourth line looking at Boston's and Toronto's heck even the Canadiens fourth line is making me think, if we are ever going to see something at least close to that?

these ate exactly the type of games were having an energy line comes in handy...tired stars, not much going right so a good fourth line can really help out.

Edited by frankgrimes

To be honest - looks to me like Abby blindsided Marchand.

Abby better grow eyes on the back of his head real soon.

Yeah, I think so. Very surprised there's no suspension coming.

Anyway, Boston are a very good team. Bergeron, Marchand, Ericsson, Iginla, Krecij, Chara, Rask - they've got a lot of good players, and they had time and space all over the ice this game.

it seems this loss is a kind of surpise for some of you... You're not starting a seson playing 3 games in 4 nights in three different cities and winning all of them. Especially, when the last one is against a very good team like Boston. I guess our guys were way more realistic compared to most of us as it was clear they didn't even try to win this one. I cannot blame them. Another question is why Bruins were so passive? Seemed like they wanted to match our effort :)

No I agree that nyquist wouldn't have won us this game tonight, but with a 3rd line of nyquist-Anderson-Tatar we have 3 legit scoring lines.

The third line is also very tuned and can create a lot of energy for this team. This also allows guys like cleary and Bert to move down a line and maybe create a little offense against weaker lines and defense pairings.

Fact is we have 6 goals through 3 games and that simply isn't enough. Reunite the kid like and I guarantee we produce more offense. Tatar and nyquist also need to play 2nd unit pp

Also, being tired is a lame excuse. Thankfully, Howard agrees:

"They won in every statistic tonight," Howard said. "Every battle. I'm not going to make that excuse that we were tired or anything like that because I kind of think it's pathetic. We need a better effort out of all of us."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/10/06/hkn-redwings-bruins-writethru-idUSMTZE9A67X80HT20131006

Bottom line, we were terrible. I can only hope it serves as a wake-up call. We can't just coast through the season.