• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

10/5 GDT : Red Wings 1 at Bruins 4

Rate this topic

Yep, tiredness wasn't the problem and it better isn't. We are early in the season, if they start to get tired that early Holland should consider changing the coaching staff as they obviously hadn't done their jobs.

No, the problem was puckhandling and passing. Boston put us under hard pressure with an aggressive forecheck and our D wasn't able to handle that. It's the same problem we had last season. But I'm pretty optimistic.

Our D-Corps is still very young, 1/3rd of them without a full NHL-Season under their belts. Also, it was only our third game this season, the guys hadn't much time to get used to each other (again). All this will get better as the season goes on and I'm sure if we play Boston in the Playoffs we are able to beat them.

Edited by derblaueClaus

They need to get to work, abdelkader is the only one who will actually hit something on the forecheck. So tired of watching franzen lollygag up the ice and try to take the puck from the opposing player without using his big frame. I mean he was knocked off the puck by semin on friday!

“We played slow,” Daniel Cleary said. “It didn’t look like us.”

http://www.freep.com/article/20131006/SPORTS05/310060106/1053/sports05

lolz

They need to get to work, abdelkader is the only one who will actually hit something on the forecheck. So tired of watching franzen lollygag up the ice and try to take the puck from the opposing player without using his big frame. I mean he was knocked off the puck by semin on friday!

To be fair, Semin is a fairly big body.

I think the the big concern right now is that we still seem to be struggling to put the puck in the net. And not just on the power play (which is a given, I guess), but at even strength. Could it be because so much is asked of the forwards in terms of defensive responsibility?

I think the the big concern right now is that we still seem to be struggling to put the puck in the net. And not just on the power play (which is a given, I guess), but at even strength. Could it be because so much is asked of the forwards in terms of defensive responsibility?

No, there is not enough speed up front. Even Datsyuk is struggling trying to deke through a collapsing defense. First line is okay, but the second is struggling, not to mention the bottom six. Andersson, Cleary, Samuelsson and Bertuzzi are not very quick. Actually Bertuzzi is the only one capable of creating some scoring chances in that group. Babcock must add more speed to the forward group, and especially to the second and third lines. I think Emmerton is probably a better choice as third line center than Andersson because of this.

Lmao of course they look slow...Look who's on the roster.

Get Cleary and one of Bert/Sammy out of there and give NyQuist & Tatar MINUTES.

Cannot say I disagree with that, although the obvious keeper in that group imo is Bertuzzi. He is doing okay considering his surroundings.

Guest mjtm77

Cannot say I disagree with that, although the obvious keeper in that group imo is Bertuzzi. He is doing okay considering his surroundings.

Completely disagree with you. IF we had to keep ONLY 1 it would be cleary He still can bring it. And the team does not care what LGW thinks of him.

But for the love of god is our bottom 6 bad....

Edited by mjtm77

It's not just our bottom six its our bottom nine. Look out for Babcock to split Pav and Z in the near future if that line continues not to produce. The problem with the second line is that noone can carry the play on that line. When Pav and Z were together Filpulla would be the guy we used to break the blue line and so far nobody from that line has been able to take that role. None of those guys have been able to work the corners and win battles either. So when you combine not being able to make a clean entry to the zone and not being able to win battles in the corners, your not going to gain possession of the puck in the offensive zone to often and they haven't. I can't think of to many other ways to break the zone if you can't dump the puck and successfully recover it or carry it across the blue line. Hopefully Weiss starts getting comfortable and brings a better game to the table.

As far as our bottom six.. Well Bert, Sammy, and Cleary aren't bad players but at this point they are role players and we are trying to make a line of them. I think we would see alot more dangerous of a line like others have said if he put together Gus, Tatar, and Andersson.

A guy like Bert or Sammy would be alot more effectively utilized in a top six role. We have to many medicore top six players like Franzen, Weiss, and Alfredsson well at this point of his career. We need to eliminate two of those three and replace with one potent player and then plug in Sammy or Bert, then you would see a dangerous line. It just doesn't make sense to use those guys on the third line, they don't bring energy, speed, or heavy fore-checking. They are good cheap players to save cap space and let them float around and give and receive passes to a couple in their prime hockey players. We got alot of talent and are very deep on the offense, but we have the wrong combination of it. I'm not saying we aren't going to be a good team this year because we will be there, but we could be a whole lot better if we made minor moves in the previous couple years.

Edited by wingslionstigers

We do need more speed. Nyquist would go a long way in helping that cause.

Regarding the second line, if one of those three guys really needs to pick it up and lead, I'm gonna say it's Franzen. He knows the systems, he's a huge body with good speed (when he feels like really skating), he's supposed to be one of our big guns in the scoring department, and Babs himself has said he's the key to the line's success (or lack thereof).

I really don't know what to do about our bottom six.

We do need more speed. Nyquist would go a long way in helping that cause.

Regarding the second line, if one of those three guys really needs to pick it up and lead, I'm gonna say it's Franzen. He knows the systems, he's a huge body with good speed (when he feels like really skating), he's supposed to be one of our big guns in the scoring department, and Babs himself has said he's the key to the line's success (or lack thereof).

I really don't know what to do about our bottom six.

We like our team...?

It is really hard to get the identity of the bottom 6, they certainly aren't tough or speedy so what is their propose? Maybe call up some guys from GR and see if they can improve the bottom 6 at the end of the day, the DetroitRedWings need guys to help out Z and Pasha and so far I haven' seen Aflie or Weiss being capable of doing so. I haven't given up on Franzen but the Mule should know one thing, he will get bought out if he doesn't pick it up and his NHL carreer could be over, so if losing 40 % of his remaining contract isn't a motivation for him I don't know what is.

It's not just our bottom six its our bottom nine. Look out for Babcock to split Pav and Z in the near future if that line continues not to produce. The problem with the second line is that noone can carry the play on that line. When Pav and Z were together Filpulla would be the guy we used to break the blue line and so far nobody from that line has been able to take that role. None of those guys have been able to work the corners and win battles either. So when you combine not being able to make a clean entry to the zone and not being able to win battles in the corners, your not going to gain possession of the puck in the offensive zone to often and they haven't. I can't think of to many other ways to break the zone if you can't dump the puck and successfully recover it or carry it across the blue line. Hopefully Weiss starts getting comfortable and brings a better game to the table.

As far as our bottom six.. Well Bert, Sammy, and Cleary aren't bad players but at this point they are role players and we are trying to make a line of them. I think we would see alot more dangerous of a line like others have said if he put together Gus, Tatar, and Andersson.

A guy like Bert or Sammy would be alot more effectively utilized in a top six role. We have to many medicore top six players like Franzen, Weiss, and Alfredsson well at this point of his career. We need to eliminate two of those three and replace with one potent player and then plug in Sammy or Bert, then you would see a dangerous line. It just doesn't make sense to use those guys on the third line, they don't bring energy, speed, or heavy fore-checking. They are good cheap players to save cap space and let them float around and give and receive passes to a couple in their prime hockey players. We got alot of talent and are very deep on the offense, but we have the wrong combination of it. I'm not saying we aren't going to be a good team this year because we will be there, but we could be a whole lot better if we made minor moves in the previous couple years.

Weiss a mediocre top six? Three games in. Way to give him a chance. Scoring the overtime winner isn't enough.

Mule is garbage, he could be dominate anytime but he is more then happy to just give up on the play and lay on the ice for 10 minutes. Bertuzzi/Sammy/Cleary line, is this some sort of joke? Bert actually seems halfway decent, Sammy is eh, and Cleary is counted on for losing the puck every time he enters the zone. Tatar was one of our better players last night, so it makes sense to barely play him. Our team as a whole really looked like they didn't give a f***. Our 1st line pp looks so deadly but they can't seem to get a damn goal.

Edited by ben_usmc

Franzen-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi

Nyquist-Zetterberg-Alfredson

Cleary-Weiss-Tatar

Anderson-Abdelkadar-Miller

I feel like something like this gives us the most depth. I don't think Nyquist will instantly make us the best team in the league. But he really is our 3rd most dangerous forward and should be playing at this point.

The one thing I question is going for another center. Z and D play better apart. They are both dominate two-way centers. They have played better apart for years now. So they basically went and got a number two center when they should have got an elite winger, via trade or FA or whatever.

I think Babcock will figure it out pretty soon.

Franzen-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi

Cleary-Weiss-Tatar

I feel like something like this gives us the most depth. I don't think Nyquist will instantly make us the best team in the league. But he really is our 3rd most dangerous forward and should be playing at this point.

The one thing I question is going for another center. Z and D play better apart. They are both dominate two-way centers. They have played better apart for years now. So they basically went and got a number two center when they should have got an elite winger, via trade or FA or whatever.

Z and Dats together are dominant against everyone they play against.

The problem with the Wings is the team we are icing. If we had more talent on this team, we'd be way better.

Z-Dats-Abs

Tatar-Weiss-Alfredsson

Nyquist-Andersson/Helm-Franzen

Tootoo-Andersson/Helm/Glendening-Sheahan

That team with a healthy Helm, with no plugs like Sammy, Cleary, Emmerton, Miller, sadly Tuzzi....that team stacks up way better against WAY better teams like Boston with 3 scoring lines and a 4th line built to actually shut down the other team, not just waste time as Babcock and Holland's leftovers that become our 4th line.

Z-Dats-Abs has 7 points combined in 3 games with Z leading at a point per game pace. The other lines need to step up, but our 2nd line has no consistency cause Babcock keeps putting Cleary on there when Franzen disappears every game instead of Tatar or having the luxury of Nyquist to have Franzen live on the 3rd line against 3rd D pairs where he is actually useful.

Forget about Tatar :( Babcock was quoted saying he was looking for more and that's why Tatar played, but he didn't get it from him...Personally I thought he was one of the better players.

Makes you question, what Tatar has to do in order to become a regular on this team same for Nyquist? If you have an elite team and almost every position is helt by better players, I would understand it but this is certainly not the case here. Some veterans on this team are just taking roster spots away from future players. Reading the Brunner thread is funny, the DetroitRedWings could need a guy like him.

i also thought the problem lays on the Wing not the Center position, when you have two guys like Z and Pasha you better surround them with quality wingers.

Franzen-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi

Cleary-Weiss-Tatar

No, absolutely not. We had ONE BAD GAME! Jesus. You sure were not saying this after the first two games.

Hank looks like 08 Hank this year... the one that ALWAYS shot the puck and scored 40 goals for us. Why was he so good that year? Because he played with Pavs for a majority of that season. When they play together for long periods of time, they are the best line in hockey. This season Babs is able to do that because we have a solid amount of depth. The only problem is Babs is not playing the right players (IE Tatar and Nyquist). When Helm is back, here is the best lineup that will give the Red Wings the best chance to win, unquestionably.

Zetty- Dats-Abby

Franzen-Weiss- Alfie (They are still finding their game, and when they do will be one of the better 2nd lines in the league)

Nqyust-Anderson-Tatar (legit would be one of, if not the best 3rd lines in the league)... babcock simply must give in at some point, sooner rather than later.

Miller-Helm-Bert/Cleary

There are not many teams that are better than that lineup and, on another note, I notice hunger from our key players, something I have not seen much these past few seasons. Alfie for sure looks hungry out there... you can tell how badly he wants to win. Hank looks hungry. Pavs (tho off his game last nite) looks hungry.

Simply put, you dont just go and change the top 2 lines after 1 freakin loss because we have a very good team.

Are team sucks sorry they need to play better they need to get new lines trade for some better players.

If we had Brunner, and the ones we didn't sign are team would be better off. I know where only 3 games into the Season but #11 needs to get his act together and start playing better with the team we've got we should be able to score more then 5 goals a game instead of 1 to 3 goals a game. We've got the players to do it. They better start playing or welcome home are old 2003 team!

Edited by redhasek2013

Guest mjtm77

No, absolutely not. We had ONE BAD GAME! Jesus. You sure were not saying this after the first two games.

Hank looks like 08 Hank this year... the one that ALWAYS shot the puck and scored 40 goals for us. Why was he so good that year? Because he played with Pavs for a majority of that season. When they play together for long periods of time, they are the best line in hockey. This season Babs is able to do that because we have a solid amount of depth. The only problem is Babs is not playing the right players (IE Tatar and Nyquist). When Helm is back, here is the best lineup that will give the Red Wings the best chance to win, unquestionably.

Zetty- Dats-Abby

Franzen-Weiss- Alfie (They are still finding their game, and when they do will be one of the better 2nd lines in the league)

Nqyust-Anderson-Tatar (legit would be one of, if not the best 3rd lines in the league)... babcock simply must give in at some point, sooner rather than later.

Miller-Helm-Bert/Cleary

There are not many teams that are better than that lineup and, on another note, I notice hunger from our key players, something I have not seen much these past few seasons. Alfie for sure looks hungry out there... you can tell how badly he wants to win. Hank looks hungry. Pavs (tho off his game last nite) looks hungry.

Simply put, you dont just go and change the top 2 lines after 1 freakin loss because we have a very good team.

Great post, agree with you completely. Zetterberg is a GREAT center but he is looking like 08 zetterberg playing on the wing agian. Z has looked great! Dats on the other hand has been off. he hasn't looked good this season but its only 3 games... And Weiss also looks like crap but agian it's we are only 3 games in. I have lots of hope for this team. Nyquist should be up by the 20 game mark at the latest.

I thought the second line looked really good for the first period of the first game, but then the whole team stopped playing after we got the lead. Nobody played good against Boston either, so I still have high hopes that the second line will come together.