• Please log in to reply
365 replies to this topic

#321 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:54 PM

So...they're not going to play Monster again this season?

Or...is he still injured?  :eh:

Is he always injured? 

IPB Image

#322 cupforwings

cupforwings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:56 PM

Franzen-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi

Nyquist-Zetterberg-Alfredson

Cleary-Weiss-Tatar

Anderson-Abdelkadar-Miller

I feel like something like this gives us the most depth.  I don't think Nyquist will instantly make us the best team in the league.  But he really is our 3rd most dangerous forward and should be playing at this point.  

The one thing I question is going for another center.  Z and D play better apart.  They are both dominate two-way centers.  They have played better apart for years now.  So they basically went and got a number two center when they should have got an elite winger, via trade or FA or whatever.  

I think Babcock will figure it out pretty soon.

#323 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

GooZe! Z Jr. ~ Acting Captain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,035 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:50 PM

Franzen-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi

Cleary-Weiss-Tatar

I feel like something like this gives us the most depth.  I don't think Nyquist will instantly make us the best team in the league.  But he really is our 3rd most dangerous forward and should be playing at this point.  

The one thing I question is going for another center.  Z and D play better apart.  They are both dominate two-way centers.  They have played better apart for years now.  So they basically went and got a number two center when they should have got an elite winger, via trade or FA or whatever.  

Z and Dats together are dominant against everyone they play against.

The problem with the Wings is the team we are icing.  If we had more talent on this team, we'd be way better.  

Z-Dats-Abs

Tatar-Weiss-Alfredsson

Nyquist-Andersson/Helm-Franzen

Tootoo-Andersson/Helm/Glendening-Sheahan

That team with a healthy Helm, with no plugs like Sammy, Cleary, Emmerton, Miller, sadly Tuzzi....that team stacks up way better against WAY better teams like Boston with 3 scoring lines and a 4th line built to actually shut down the other team, not just waste time as Babcock and Holland's leftovers that become our 4th line.

Z-Dats-Abs has 7 points combined in 3 games with Z leading at a point per game pace.  The other lines need to step up, but our 2nd line has no consistency cause Babcock keeps putting Cleary on there when Franzen disappears every game instead of Tatar or having the luxury of Nyquist to have Franzen live on the 3rd line against 3rd D pairs where he is actually useful.

This offseason will determine whether Ken Holland should still be employed with the Wings organization.

Please put Smith on the Power Play!

#324 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,101 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:21 PM

Forget about Tatar :( Babcock was quoted saying he was looking for more and that's why Tatar played, but he didn't get it from him...Personally I thought he was one of the better players. Makes you question, what Tatar has to do in order to become a regular on this team same for Nyquist? If you have an elite team and almost every position is helt by better players, I would understand it but this is certainly not the case here. Some veterans on this team are just taking roster spots away from future players. Reading the Brunner thread is funny, the DetroitRedWings could need a guy like him. i also thought the problem lays on the Wing not the Center position, when you have two guys like Z and Pasha you better surround them with quality wingers.

wche.jpg

in need of magic #13

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

#325 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:23 PM

Franzen-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi

Cleary-Weiss-Tatar

No, absolutely not. We had ONE BAD GAME! Jesus. You sure were not saying this after the first two games. 

Hank looks like 08 Hank this year... the one that ALWAYS shot the puck and scored 40 goals for us. Why was he so good that year? Because he played with Pavs for a majority of that season. When they play together for long periods of time, they are the best line in hockey. This season Babs is able to do that because we have a solid amount of depth. The only problem is Babs is not playing the right players (IE Tatar and Nyquist). When Helm is back, here is the best lineup that will give the Red Wings the best chance to win, unquestionably.

Zetty- Dats-Abby

Franzen-Weiss- Alfie (They are still finding their game, and when they do will be one of the better 2nd lines in the league)

Nqyust-Anderson-Tatar (legit would be one of, if not the best 3rd lines in the league)... babcock simply must give in at some point, sooner rather than later.

Miller-Helm-Bert/Cleary

There are not many teams that are better than that lineup and, on another note, I notice hunger from our key players, something I have not seen much these past few seasons. Alfie for sure looks hungry out there... you can tell how badly he wants to win. Hank looks hungry. Pavs (tho off his game last nite) looks hungry. 

Simply put, you dont just go and change the top 2 lines after 1 freakin loss because we have a very good team.

#326 redhasek2013

redhasek2013

Prospect

• 35 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:51 PM

Are team sucks sorry they need to play better they need to get new lines trade for some better players. 

If we had Brunner, and the ones we didn't sign are team would be better off. I know where only 3 games into the Season but #11 needs to get his act together and start playing better with the team we've got we should be able to score more then 5 goals a game instead of 1 to 3 goals a game. We've got the players to do it. They better start playing or welcome home are old 2003 team!

Edited by redhasek2013, 06 October 2013 - 11:07 PM.

#327 Jedi

Jedi

Galmar Stone-Fist. Stormcloak. Wings Fan.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,787 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:02 PM

First game I wasn't able to watch, and this happens.

Lesson learned.  Won't happen again.

Really.*

*not really

2cwlto0.jpg

#328 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:11 AM

No, absolutely not. We had ONE BAD GAME! Jesus. You sure were not saying this after the first two games. 

Hank looks like 08 Hank this year... the one that ALWAYS shot the puck and scored 40 goals for us. Why was he so good that year? Because he played with Pavs for a majority of that season. When they play together for long periods of time, they are the best line in hockey. This season Babs is able to do that because we have a solid amount of depth. The only problem is Babs is not playing the right players (IE Tatar and Nyquist). When Helm is back, here is the best lineup that will give the Red Wings the best chance to win, unquestionably.

Zetty- Dats-Abby
Franzen-Weiss- Alfie (They are still finding their game, and when they do will be one of the better 2nd lines in the league)
Nqyust-Anderson-Tatar (legit would be one of, if not the best 3rd lines in the league)... babcock simply must give in at some point, sooner rather than later.
Miller-Helm-Bert/Cleary

There are not many teams that are better than that lineup and, on another note, I notice hunger from our key players, something I have not seen much these past few seasons. Alfie for sure looks hungry out there... you can tell how badly he wants to win. Hank looks hungry. Pavs (tho off his game last nite) looks hungry. 

Simply put, you dont just go and change the top 2 lines after 1 freakin loss because we have a very good team.

Great post, agree with you completely. Zetterberg is a GREAT center but he is looking like 08 zetterberg playing on the wing agian. Z has looked great! Dats on the other hand has been off. he hasn't looked good this season but its only 3 games... And Weiss also looks like crap but agian it's we are only 3 games in. I have lots of hope for this team. Nyquist should be up by the 20 game mark at the latest.
Posted Image

#329 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,799 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:39 AM

I thought the second line looked really good for the first period of the first game, but then the whole team stopped playing after we got the lead.  Nobody played good against Boston either, so I still have high hopes that the second line will come together.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#330 Dabura

Dabura

Cake Eater

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,153 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:36 AM

First game I wasn't able to watch, and this happens.

Lesson learned.  Won't happen again.

Really.*

*not really

*shakes his fist in your general direction*

Don't Toews me, bro!

#331 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,475 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:55 AM

I love the automatic panic mode around here just because we lost one game...

1619431_10152076754861235_68631640462286

#332 Mckinley25

Mckinley25

4th Line Grinder

• Bronze Booster
  • 202 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:24 AM

I love the automatic panic mode around here just because we lost one game...

I already sold my season tickets and moved to Abu Dhabi.

#333 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,475 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:54 AM

I already sold my season tickets and moved to Abu Dhabi.

Thanks for the invite, jerk. Lol

#334 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,871 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:07 AM

I wouldnt call it panic but clearly the lack of scoring and poor PP performance lately are starting to look familiar.
"Joey (Kocur) has no fear" -Lyndon Byers
"Empty-net goals are for homos" -Al Iafrate

#335 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,475 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:58 AM

I wouldnt call it panic but clearly the lack of scoring and poor PP performance lately are starting to look familiar.

The first pp unit is deadly, they just haven't buried any goals on the far too few powerplays they have gotten

#336 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,871 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:32 AM

The first pp unit is deadly, they just haven't buried any goals on the far too few powerplays they have gotten

Didnt look very deadly to me vs Boston. Detroit could not even keep it in the zone long enough to establish pressure. Yes it is still early but for how long can you use that excuse?
"Joey (Kocur) has no fear" -Lyndon Byers
"Empty-net goals are for homos" -Al Iafrate

#337 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,001 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:59 AM

So...they're not going to play Monster again this season?

Or...is he still injured?  :eh:

Is he always injured? 

I kind of wished Babs had put Petr in against Carolina and Jimmy, Boston.

#338 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,475 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:18 AM

Didnt look very deadly to me vs Boston. Detroit could not even keep it in the zone long enough to establish pressure. Yes it is still early but for how long can you use that excuse?

The first two games it looked pretty deadly, so u would say this is the first game that I would use the excusebthat it's still early.

#339 wingslionstigers

wingslionstigers

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:58 AM

Weiss a mediocre top six? Three games in. Way to give him a chance. Scoring the overtime winner isn't enough.

Yeah Weiss is a mediocre top six. Do you think he is above average "top 6?" Is he better than Richards and Jeff Carter from LA? How about Penguins number two center in Malkin, or Ryan Kesler, or Rangers top two centers in Stepan and Richards. Better than Chicago's second line players of Hossa and Sharp? What about the Sharks, Thornton, Couture, Pavelski, Burns, Havlat, Marleau? Where does Weiss rank on that list...

I'm not pulling my opinion from three games. You forget he scored 4 points in 17 games last season for a +/- of -13? Weiss hasn't looked anything close to a top six forward during all of preseason up to now. I have watched him every second and he hasn't even shown a glimpse of talent. He didn't make a single useful move the entire game he scored the OT winner, he happened to have a puck pop out right on his stick on a open net.

#340 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,900 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:42 AM

Yeah Weiss is a mediocre top six. Do you think he is above average "top 6?" Is he better than Richards and Jeff Carter from LA? How about Penguins number two center in Malkin, or Ryan Kesler, or Rangers top two centers in Stepan and Richards. Better than Chicago's second line players of Hossa and Sharp? What about the Sharks, Thornton, Couture, Pavelski, Burns, Havlat, Marleau? Where does Weiss rank on that list...

I'm not pulling my opinion from three games. You forget he scored 4 points in 17 games last season for a +/- of -13? Weiss hasn't looked anything close to a top six forward during all of preseason up to now. I have watched him every second and he hasn't even shown a glimpse of talent. He didn't make a single useful move the entire game he scored the OT winner, he happened to have a puck pop out right on his stick on a open net.

Gotta be in the right spot to make that happen.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, Glendening (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: Glendening.  MOTB TOTAL: $12