• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
StayClassy

Detroit @ Boston 10/14. 1pm start time?

Rate this topic

They said today that 10/14 game is at 1pm, which happens to be on a Monday. What is the sense in having a game that early on a weekday? I realize it's Columbus day, but thats not exactly an observed holiday. LAME

For two US teams?

*shrug*

On a related note, I watched Hockey Night in Canada on the NHL Network last night and there was no mention - from what I watched - of any of the non-Canadian games. Not even the Wings game. Is that normal? Also, is Glenn Healy senile? I'd only seen HNiC, like, twice before.

ZOMG AMERICAN N00B

*shrug*

On a related note, I watched Hockey Night in Canada on the NHL Network last night and there was no mention - from what I watched - of any of the non-Canadian games. Not even the Wings game. Is that normal? Also, is Glenn Healy senile? I'd only seen HNiC, like, twice before.

ZOMG AMERICAN N00B

From what I've seen of HNIC over the years, you're lucky if they mention any non-Toronto teams.

Well, I mean, I'm not saying I don't believe they've ever talked about a non-Canadian player or anything like that. Because that'd be ridiculous. I guess I'm more referring to the way the stuff was covered last night. Is it like, one week is just all-Canada (heavy on Toronto and Ottawa - because both are "great, great teams," according to Mr. Healy), and then the next week will be more open and inclusive? Or does a team basically have to be either Canadian (duh) or playing a Canadian team that night to get serious coverage?

I'm asking because, well, Canada fascinates me. I've only been there for my youth hockey tournaments, and that was 10+ years ago, so I really don't remember a ton. The idea of a place where hockey is treated the way (American) football is treated here in the States...it seems too awesome - and silly - to be true.

So, I guess what I'm saying is, Canada isn't real.

I have to watch a stream every game, so I will just find one at work to watch. Yes. Most of us do work on a Monday and Columbus Day really isn't a holiday unless you're a state worker... in which case, most days are a holiday. ;)

Canada: a place where politicians don't go on strike. I kid.

1. CBC dudes are great. But yes, they have to carry bias towards the Canadian teams. It's funny because Habs fans get pissy because of the Leafs ****- fest. Bias within bias I guess.

2. Might I suggest the raspberry jelly filled donut to any Timmy Ho virgins out there?

3. I'm pumped that this game is on at 2 on a Monday.

I'm asking because, well, Canada fascinates me.............The idea of a place where hockey is treated the way (American) football is treated here in the States...it seems too awesome - and silly - to be true.

One of my favorite posts about Canada that I've seen on these boards.

The fact that this game is on at 11am for me sucks. Is it appropriate to drink beer that early?

One of my favorite posts about Canada that I've seen on these boards.

The fact that this game is on at 11am for me sucks. Is it appropriate to drink beer that early?

The Lions play on US Thanksgiving every year. The game starts at 11:30 my time.

As a Lions fan who has been legal to drink for over half of my life (won't get into how long I've been actually drinking), I assure you that if there is a kickoff, puck drop, first pitch, starting gun, or any other noise or movement; and this happens on a holiday, weekend, weekday, or other scheduled or non-scheduled event day; then it is perfectly ok to drink whatever beverage you choose, as long as there is an event attached to it.

It is now 4:30 a.m. and I have started the dishwasher. Time to drink.

The Lions play on US Thanksgiving every year. The game starts at 11:30 my time.

As a Lions fan who has been legal to drink for over half of my life (won't get into how long I've been actually drinking), I assure you that if there is a kickoff, puck drop, first pitch, starting gun, or any other noise or movement; and this happens on a holiday, weekend, weekday, or other scheduled or non-scheduled event day; then it is perfectly ok to drink whatever beverage you choose, as long as there is an event attached to it.

It is now 4:30 a.m. and I have started the dishwasher. Time to drink.

Lmao, I should start the dishwasher more often