• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
e_prime

Laviolette out in Philly

Rate this topic

Not sure I agree with this. He took them to the Finals which is more than any other Flyers coach could say in the past 16 years. They looked pretty good a couple years ago when they knocked off the Pens. They missed the playoffs during a strike shortened season and start off 0-3 this year. Not sure how he's getting fired now. The roster is a mess. Over payment for a bunch of old defensemen, terrible goaltending, lots of injuries. I mean, if there was a coach waiting in the wings that they knew would fit this team well, I'd say go for it, but now they turn to Craig Berube? :confused:

What a joke. Should have fired the guy at the end of last year and give your team a full training camp with a new coach. Or give the guy more than 3 games. The flyers are constantly surprising me with their lack of class when it comes to business decisions. Don't get me wrong there are times to let go of a coach, hiring and firing happen all the time, but now this guy has no chance to be hired for the majority of this year and your team has to keep using his system until (if) they put together a new system with the assistant coach who took over. Another head scratching decision by the flyers.

This is an awful move, but one that has to be done by any GM in this situation because otherwise they lose their job. Pete was NOT to blame for this team's failures... he simply wasn't given ANYTHING to work with. He had awful goaltending the entire time, and lost Pronger and a few other key guys on defense, hence their team being awful defensively. Add to that, losing Jagr hurt them, trading away Richards and Carter was a stupid move. Holgrem has to go, he is the problem.

While the Flyers are a bad team, that is on the GM not the coach. But GM's don't fire themselves.

This is an awful move, but one that has to be done by any GM in this situation because otherwise they lose their job. Pete was NOT to blame for this team's failures... he simply wasn't given ANYTHING to work with. He had awful goaltending the entire time, and lost Pronger and a few other key guys on defense, hence their team being awful defensively. Add to that, losing Jagr hurt them, trading away Richards and Carter was a stupid move. Holgrem has to go, he is the problem.

Yup. maybe out of panic we can get them to trade us Simmons...... One can only dream.......

Don't know why they fired him after only three games in. If you stuck with him through the offseason, training camp, and pre-season, then why would you pull the plug less than a week into the real thing? The team will have to spend the next few weeks learning a new philosophy and/or system during this unexpected transition. Holmgren continues to set this team up for failure.

Guest RyaN_84

flyers should hire Brian Propp as their new coach. hes a good ol canadian player from Saskatchewan... :D

The East will be a dog fight all year for those 8 playoff spots. Going 0-3 right off the bat? Panic time.

The Flyers have much bigger issues than the coach. It will take them a few years to recover from some of Holmgren's dumb-ass moves.

Some NHL team just got lucky. Laviolette will have a job before the year's over.

Well Laviolette is to blame here too. He didn't appreciate Carter and Richards sure it was Holmer who lied to them but the Flyers never replaced that scoring punch.

For sure Holmer will be the next one, Hextall is already waiting in line. Lavis needs to understand, that you can't just play a run and gun style without did defense. I could see him replacing Noel from the Jets.

Edited by frankgrimes