• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kerism17

Pet Names

Rate this topic

I'm planning on buying a dog and I'm trying to come up with a name (Red Wings related) and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas / suggestions for me... Keep in mind, I'm not sure if it will be a male or female yet...

So far I've come up with a few possibilities including:

Zetty or Zäta (Zetterberg) - being one of my favorite players and the captain for the next 8+ years, it's kinda fitting.

Pasha (Datsyuk) - another one of my favorite players, I really like this one as well.

Howie (Howard) - I love Howard but not sure if I'm in love with the name.

Helmer (Helm) - I love Helm but who knows what kind of career he is going to have when / if he fully recovers from all of these injuries.

Abby (Abdelkader) - I kinda like the name, probably better suited for a female.

Sammy (Samuelsson) - just as well call him / her sh!t face.

Kronner (Kronwall) - not a bad name.

Jurco - probably my favorite name, as well as one of my favorite prospects. I would just really have to hope that he becomes the player I think he will be.

Over the summer, my fiance (giri in my avy) found a kitten and named him after my fav player.....datsyuk....she named him datsyuk because she knows i'm not fond of cats and figured naming him that would make me like him....it freaking worked.

Stevie is always a winner. That's what I named my truck.

Nick would be a good choice as well.

Igor would be original, if you want to go old school. (Get it? School... professor... eh, well.)

For modern times, Hank and Pavel are the best ones to name a dog after. You might want to get the dog first and see what he/she looks like.

My current hamster is Jordin Damien Gustav James, so as you can see, naming on a whim can be a problem. Dogs live a lot longer than hamsters so you want to make sure that the player will be around for quite a while or at least will always be associated with the Wings.

Stevie is always a winner. That's what I named my truck.

Nick would be a good choice as well.

Igor would be original, if you want to go old school. (Get it? School... professor... eh, well.)

For modern times, Hank and Pavel are the best ones to name a dog after. You might want to get the dog first and see what he/she looks like.

My current hamster is Jordin Damien Gustav James, so as you can see, naming on a whim can be a problem. Dogs live a lot longer than hamsters so you want to make sure that the player will be around for quite a while or at least will always be associated with the Wings.

I like these suggestions

Stevie is always a good go-to classic :)

You could also go with coach's names and use Scotty for a male or Babs (after Babcock) for a female