http://www.detroitne...-tough-practice

Lets go Red Wings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#2 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:40 PM

" The third line of Joakim Anderson centering Daniel Cleary and Todd Bertuzzi has yet to score a point this season and is a combined - 8"

only if are third line was Nyquist Andersson Tatar

One can dream...
Posted Image

#3 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:45 PM

" The third line of Joakim Anderson centering Daniel Cleary and Todd Bertuzzi has yet to score a point this season and is a combined - 8"

only if are third line was Nyquist Andersson Tatar

One can dream...

I think you'll see it before long.  Babs had no problem playing the kids on that line last season.  I think right now they're trying to showcase certain players for potential trades, and also trying to figure out which guys they want to keep.  I realistically imagine that the kids will form the third line, and some combination of Cleary, Emmerton, Miller, and Bertuzzi will make up the fourth until Helm is healthy.  It's coming, but we've all got to be patient.  A few more stinkers like last game will undoubtedly speed up the process as well.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#4 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,059 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:01 PM

Babs had no problem playing the kids on that line last season.

Wasn't that after injuries had ravaged our lineup?

Don't Toews me, bro!

#5 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,947 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:15 PM

Wasn't that after injuries had ravaged our lineup?

Pretty sure Bertuzzi and Samuelsson were healthy enough to play. Maybe not 100%.
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#6 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,059 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:23 PM

Ah, you may be right. I honestly don't remember.

Actually, that's not a bad question. When did Babs first stick the "three kids" together?

Don't Toews me, bro!

#7 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:47 PM

I mean, it might well have been because of injury, but as dense as I think Babs is sometimes, surely he must have noticed that their combined 7 goals and 8 assists (at even strength) in the playoffs was an INCREDIBLY effective effort for a third line.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#8 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:16 PM

Babcock isn't dumb.  As frustrating as it is sometimes, I think he's just trying out the vets.  It's early, less is at stake.  He played Nyquist over Sammy and Bertuzzi even when they were healthy last year.  I'm sure the third line we all want to see will be what we get eventually, but now is the time to see if any of Bertuzzi or Sammy still have anything in the tank.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#9 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:40 PM

Babcock isn't dumb.  As frustrating as it is sometimes, I think he's just trying out the vets.  It's early, less is at stake.  He played Nyquist over Sammy and Bertuzzi even when they were healthy last year.  I'm sure the third line we all want to see will be what we get eventually, but now is the time to see if any of Bertuzzi or Sammy still have anything in the tank.

Have you not heard Micky every game between February and April? About how teams wish they had won these games in October so they weren't in scramble mode down the stretch? Babcock is pretty much acting like a fool. He has enviable talent in Nyquist and Tatar, and yet he plays scrubs like Cleary, Samuelson and Bertuzzi.

Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#10 unsaddleddonald

unsaddleddonald

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:53 PM

I think you'll see it before long.  Babs had no problem playing the kids on that line last season.  I think right now they're trying to showcase certain players for potential trades, and also trying to figure out which guys they want to keep.  I realistically imagine that the kids will form the third line, and some combination of Cleary, Emmerton, Miller, and Bertuzzi will make up the fourth until Helm is healthy.  It's coming, but we've all got to be patient.  A few more stinkers like last game will undoubtedly speed up the process as well.

You always seem to be pretty optimistic Kip. Cheers to you.

I can't do that...