• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
cusimano_brothers

Ex-Coyotes owner off hook for Gretzky’s $6.5M.

Rate this topic

From Sportsnet:

A federal court in Arizona has ruled against the NHL in its claims against former Phoenix Coyotes owner Jerry Moyes.

The league, which ran the team for four years before selling it for $170 million in August, filed the lawsuit against Moyes in 2010 and was initially seeking $112.7 million in operational losses.

The bankruptcy court also ruled that Moyes was not responsible for $6.5 million in unpaid salary to former coach Wayne Gretzky.

NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly says the NHL is reviewing its options before deciding on whether to appeal Baum’s decision.

What's next? Uncle Gary sticking the new owners with all monies owing?

yup should have been 65 million maybe the league would learn a thing or two after that.

I bet they will just take it from the players escrow accounts, mark it as a league loss, and lower the salary cap... while reporting new record revenues

yup should have been 65 million maybe the league would learn a thing or two after that.

I bet they will just take it from the players escrow accounts, mark it as a league loss, and lower the salary cap... while reporting new record revenues

Fully agreed with you, this league is toying around with numbers way too much for my liking. From what I understand Gretzky is still owned the money, just from the NHL and not from Mozes right?

Even if not Gretzky has soo much money he wouldn't even have to think about it but I want the NHL to pay him every cent of that contract, they should pay for their mistakes best case would for ever or at least till this undersized idiot is finally gone.

Except the monies owed to the players is based on revenues, not net earnings.

Honestly, it serves them right for supporting this travesty for so long. The NHL took over the team, they took over the debts.

Too many people forget this simple fact.

To bring it closer to home, its like the people who think you can just buy a house in Detroit these days for $1000 since you always hear about htings like that on the news.

While technically that's true, but what also comes along with that "$1000 house" it is the $34,000 in unpaid taxes owed on it.

I'd like to see Gretzky make a fuss to get that money. It's a drop in the "Gretzky Bucket", but it also would show fansthat the NHL has ZERO problem tryingto screw one of the games very best players.

I certainly wish Gretzky is taking them to the cleaners, want him to get every Penny the league owes the great one + more .

Edited by frankgrimes