• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
jollymania

Tomas Hertl

Rate this topic

At least some teams play their rookies <_<

Yeah and it's not like SanJose has drafted in the top 10 or whatever in the last years, they've drafted at the same or even a slightly worse position. Sick moves by the kid and not against a no name goaltender no against the worldsbest goalie even more impressive.

Way to go kid

Wow. I wonder if the score had been closer if he'd have been quite that brave with the tricky play.

Either way, that was amazing.

I'm sure plenty of people are calling it hot dogging. Remember when everyone was pissed at Pavs for doing a between the legs on a blow out game within the last few years? I don't remember which game it was.

Watched this game last night. That kid has some serious talent. He seemed pretty humble in his post game interview too. Quite the moment for a 19 year old! Hope to see more great things from him, except for whenever they play the Wings of course!

I'm sure plenty of people are calling it hot dogging. Remember when everyone was pissed at Pavs for doing a between the legs on a blow out game within the last few years? I don't remember which game it was.

Its interesting how much things have changed in just the last few years. Now people cheer and talk about how awesome these blowouts are.

Just about 5 or 6 years ago though, when the Wings were destroying opponents like this often, a good amount of players, fans, and announcers alike were complaining about how it was bad form and disrespectful to keep scoring goals on an opponent when you are dominating them like that, and after a 3 goal or so lead, you should just sit back and not score any more. I always thought that was hippy-dippy BS, but for whatever reason, it seemed to be the consensus just a few years back.

Edited by sleepwalker

Well he just made my fantasy team...

Burns - Thornton - Hertl

Sign me up!

Kid looks amazing. I caught a few of his goals but according to the boys over on the Sharks forums 5 of 6 of Hertls goals were pretty much individual efforts. Just wait until Thortons play making abilities come into factor

wahiHvv.gif

Mad skillz...and from open play! What a talent.

My favorite thing about this GIF is...what the heck is Marc Staal doing? Can't tell if it's a badly delayed reaction to seeing the puck go in the air, or if he was going to "Keith Ballard" his goaltender and missed.

My favorite thing about this GIF is...what the heck is Marc Staal doing? Can't tell if it's a badly delayed reaction to seeing the puck go in the air, or if he was going to "Keith Ballard" his goaltender and missed.

He's got a bad eye, remember?!

I'm pretty sure he was thinking something like: "Holy s***, did this kid just do that?"