wingslionstigers

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:49 AM

Well he just made my fantasy team...

Burns - Thornton - Hertl

Sign me up!

Kid looks amazing. I caught a few of his goals but according to the boys over on the Sharks forums 5 of 6 of Hertls goals were pretty much individual efforts. Just wait until Thortons play making abilities come into factor

#22 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,257 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:26 AM

This kid is a stud. 

Pretty much means Cleary and Bert have to score 4 goals a game each to appease us Nyquist and Tatar fans.

Posted Image

#23 StormJH1

StormJH1

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:41 AM

wahiHvv.gif

Mad skillz...and from open play! What a talent.

My favorite thing about this GIF is...what the heck is Marc Staal doing?  Can't tell if it's a badly delayed reaction to seeing the puck go in the air, or if he was going to "Keith Ballard" his goaltender and missed.

#24 BadgerBob

BadgerBob

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:01 PM

My favorite thing about this GIF is...what the heck is Marc Staal doing?  Can't tell if it's a badly delayed reaction to seeing the puck go in the air, or if he was going to "Keith Ballard" his goaltender and missed.

He's got a bad eye, remember?!

#25 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:51 PM

I'm pretty sure he was thinking something like: "Holy s***, did this kid just do that?"

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#26 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,058 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:58 PM

Just watched a video on TSN of players saying how it wasn't right to score a goal like this or celebrate in a 9-2 game. Bulls***! The Rangers dug themselves a hole, and the kid was having an unreal night and not to mention thats a goal of the year candidate. I wish the NHL was more of a relaxed league, the players gotta take a chill pill. A rookie having the night of his life and there's something wrong with that? Gimme a break. Finally a San Jose Shark I don't hate him a passion :ninja: Wish him nothing but the best, and his team nothing but the worst :w00t:

#NOMOREKINDL

#27 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,920 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:10 PM

The fact that it's a kid kind of makes a difference.  If it's a blow-out and the guys who do this sort of thing all the time are padding their stats, that's not as special.  If it's a kid gaining confidence, that's a lot more fun.

#28 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,150 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:20 PM

Just watched a video on TSN of players saying how it wasn't right to score a goal like this or celebrate in a 9-2 game. Bulls***! The Rangers dug themselves a hole, and the kid was having an unreal night and not to mention thats a goal of the year candidate. I wish the NHL was more of a relaxed league, the players gotta take a chill pill. A rookie having the night of his life and there's something wrong with that? Gimme a break. Finally a San Jose Shark I don't hate him a passion :ninja: Wish him nothing but the best, and his team nothing but the worst :w00t:

The players for the most part are fine with the goal, which was really sick but they aren't fine with the celebration afterwards, which I can understand. Great goal, unreal night but tune down the over the top celebrations they aren't well received in hockey.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#29 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,094 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:07 PM

Great goal, unreal night but tune down the over the top celebrations they aren't well received in hockey.

O plz.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#30 Mckinley25

Mckinley25

4th Line Grinder

• Bronze Booster
  • 309 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:10 PM

The players for the most part are fine with the goal, which was really sick but they aren't fine with the celebration afterwards, which I can understand. Great goal, unreal night but tune down the over the top celebrations they aren't well received in hockey.

Remember when they used to throw their gloves in the air and shoot them with their sticks?

#31 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,094 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:35 PM

They were saying on NHL Live that McLellan didn't play Hertl much (if at all?) after the fourth goal. Smart move.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#32 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,331 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:07 PM

Waaa waaaa waaaa.  These are grown-ass million dollar players.  For crying out loud, it's not a flipping amateur squirt team.  They got their asses handed to them and they better figure out how not to let that happen to them again.  Should have ran the score up more!

#33 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,136 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:37 PM

@strombone1: I sure hope someone doesn't Hertl my feelings tomorrow.... #YES #NAILEDIT

Lol Lu cracks me up.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#34 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:57 PM

For those who were wondering: 16/03/2014. 

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#35 barabbas16

barabbas16

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:04 PM

This kid is a stud. 

Pretty much means Cleary and Bert have to score 4 goals a game each to appease us Nyquist and Tatar fans.

Why does every thread have to turn into a different version of like 18 other threads?

#36 Pskov Wings Fan

Pskov Wings Fan

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:24 PM

If Rangers do not like opposing team's goal celebrations then maybe they should consider not allowing them to score. If they can't then shut up and go cry quietly on the bench. I never understood this "not rubbing it in" crap. These are both NHL teams with similar payrolls. It is not like Sharks ran over Pee Wee team while laughing at the kids.

Listened to the players comments about this goal on TSN. I am with Luongo on this one.

Edited by Pskov Wings Fan, 09 October 2013 - 09:32 PM.

#37 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,058 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:34 PM

Just saw this quote from Jumbo Joe regarding Hertl... :lol:

Joe Thornton would unzip his pants if he scored four goals
Hearing a question to Marleau about Hertl and whether he was showboating, Thornton said:
“Shut up, have you ever played the game?”
When the press turned his way, he then added:
“I’d have my cock out if I scored four goals. I’d have my cock out, stroking it.”

Came from The Province in Vancouver, http://blogs.theprov...hat-we-learned/

#NOMOREKINDL

#38 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,136 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:37 PM

Hearing a question to Marleau about Hertl and whether he was showboating, Thornton said:
Shut up, have you ever played the game?
Id have my cock out if I scored four goals. Id have my cock out, stroking it.

Note to self: turn off game if Thornton hits goal number 3...

:lol:

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#39 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,920 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:23 PM

“Shut up, have you ever played the game?”
“I’d have my cock out if I scored four goals. I’d have my cock out, stroking it.”

What is thought can not be unthought.

I'm going to go bleach my brain now.

On the other hand... that would make the highlight reel for sure.

#40 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,136 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:21 PM

@Real_ESPNLeBrun: Really hoping Joe Thornton scores 4 goals tonight :)

@mirtle: @Real_ESPNLeBrun http://t.co/gSeh1hCEG3 headline: Stroke of genius

:lol:

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg