62 replies to this topic

#61 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:26 PM

Is he "The Career Killer"?; from Sportsnet:

The New York Rangers assigned backup goalie Martin Biron and forward Arron Asham to the Hartford Wolf Pack of the American Hockey League after the two veterans cleared waivers Tuesday.

Biron has made just eight total appearances for the Rangers over the last two seasons. In two appearances this season, the Lac-Saint-Charles, Que., native is 0-1-0 with a 7.61 goals against average and a .763 save percentage.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#62 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,133 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:02 PM

Yeah, I wish we had more big bodies who would Hertl themselves towards the net.

I see what you did there.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#63 lomekian

lomekian

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:53 PM

Don Cherry has a lot of knowledge, but he's also an out-dated rent-a-quote arse, who only likes good ol' Canadian boys. On the broader issue, I've always though the 'unwritten NHL code' about goal celebrations that seems to have been adopted is a massive load of bulls***, and utterly hypocritical bulls*** at that. I want to see players celebrate. I love hockey, but some of the attitudes that still surround the game in the NHL are small town, parochial and massively outdated - right from the league and owners down. 

Also anyone who genuine believes exuberant celebrations by a kid who's just got his 4th of the game in his first few games with an absolute beauty is worse than some of the dirty hits that Don Cherry loves needs theirf****** head examined.

Edited by lomekian, 17 October 2013 - 09:56 PM.