wingedominance13

10/10 GDT: Coyotes 4 at Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

Current Streaks

Regular-Season Streaks

Overall: 1-game losing streak

Home: 1-game winning streak

All-Time Regular-Season Streaks v. Phoenix

Overall: 1-game winning streak (shutout)

Home: 4-game winning streak (1 shutout, 1 overtime, 1 shootout)

Last Ten Games – Current Regular Season

Overall: 2W-1L

Away: 1W

Last Ten Games – Current All-Time Regular Season v. Phoenix

Overall: 6W-3L-0OTL-1SOL

Home: 8W-1L-1OTL

Consecutive Home / Away Games

This is the first of two Home games played over three calendar days

Record v. Winnipeg / Phoenix

All-time Record v. Winnipeg / Phoenix

All-time, Overall

130G: 64W-41L-22T-0RT-2OTL-1SOL

All-time, Home v. Winnipeg / Phoenix

65G: 35W-21L-8T-0RT-1OTL

Season Record v. Phoenix

Overall

This is the first of two regular season games v. Phoenix this season

This is the only Home regular season game v. Phoenix this season

Record on this Day

October 10

This is the 23rd regular season game played on this day, with the Club’s record in the previous 22 games:

8W-11L-3T

This is the 1st regular-season game v. Winnipeg / Phoenix on this day

On This Day

I don't usually include this kind of a thing, but since it's an anniversary...
Sixty years ago tonight, Goalie Terry Sawchuk is cut by the skate on Montreal's Maurice Richard in the Third Period and is replaced by Red Wings' Assistant Trainer and practice golatender Ross "Lefty" Wilson, in the first of what will turn out to be a three-game goaltending career. He plays sixteen minutes, allowing no goals. 000003624.jpg
LGW.
Tonight's Officials
Referees 10-Paul Devorski & 26-Rob Martell Linesmen 82-Ryan Galloway & 54-Greg Devorski
Edited by cusimano_brothers

Tatar shouldn't be in the lineup unless he gets decent minutes on the third line with powerplay time. Tatar will get his shot whether it be because the power play can't get it together or our bottom six stays a disaster.

I really don't like Abdelkader on the first line. Abs could be great bottom 6 grinder that our team desperately needs. That and simplifying his game helps him out and our team. Maybe Holland and Babs are trying to showcase him for a trade? I'd rather see Cleary, Bertuzzi and even Samuelsson up there.

Tatar shouldn't be in the lineup unless he gets decent minutes on the third line with powerplay time. Tatar will get his shot whether it be because the power play can't get it together or our bottom six stays a disaster.

I really don't like Abdelkader on the first line. Abs could be great bottom 6 grinder that our team desperately needs. That and simplifying his game helps him out and our team. Maybe Holland and Babs are trying to showcase him for a trade? I'd rather see Cleary, Bertuzzi and even Samuelsson up there.

I mostly agree about Abby on the first line. I'd much rather Bert or Mule up there, but no Cleary or Sammy please. Our bottom six has the typical no-identity thing going on, where the two lines are assembled from the spare parts with no real make-up as to what kind of line they are.

The Nyquist-Andersson-Tatar line seems like a no-brainer for everyone in the world other than Babcock and Holland, its a little baffling. Also, I'd love to see Tootoo get some games, the Wings need speed, they've looked slow the past two games.

Good chance to get a big win and figure out some issues - particularly with the special teams. I'd love to see Datsyuk just go off tonight, he does have a bit of a history of that against the Yotes.

> Tonight's Officials

> Referees 10-Paul Devorski & 26-Rob Martell Linesmen 82-Ryan Galloway & 54-Greg Devorski

hey, cusimano_brother, where do you get this info that early before the game?
I was looking for that but have always been told, nhl will announce game refs no earlier that an hour os so before the game, quoting security issue...

Headline from NHL dot com:

Seems to me they've expanded the bounds of the term "rivalry".

Interns are the worst.

Good sweet Jesus. Phoenix is even less of a rival than Nashville. At least the Preds were in our division and beat us in the playoffs once. The Yotes aren't even on our radar.

So I guess the new "rivalry" guideline is anyone a team happens to be playing that night.

GO WINGS!!

HAHA. Rivalry? They're in different conferences.

Not going to rag on the Yotes, but they just don't have a whole lot of talent. I do like OEL, and hope Boedker has a good year.