• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wingedominance13

10/10 GDT: Coyotes 4 at Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

I think we should get used to a lot of this, we are essentially the same team we iced in the regular season last yet. Filp and Weiss might as well be the same guy and Alfie and Brunner might as well be the same guy which leaves us with the Cleary's, Bert's and Franzen's floating around the ice because they are too slow..until this team gets Gus and Tatar playing full time or makes a trade to get some speed we are a 5th-8th seed in this conference. I hope they prove me wrong as they usually do but I expect a lot of nights like this with this lineup.

I think we should get used to a lot of this, we are essentially the same team we iced in the regular season last yet. Filp and Weiss might as well be the same guy and Alfie and Brunner might as well be the same guy which leaves us with the Cleary's, Bert's and Franzen's floating around the ice because they are too slow..until this team gets Gus and Tatar playing full time or makes a trade to get some speed we are a 5th-8th seed in this conference. I hope they prove me wrong as they usually do but I expect a lot of nights like this with this lineup.

Probably an accurate statement.

Alfie and Brunner are not the same guy. You're talking about a young player that might have had a future in Detroit, versus a one year deal that looks like Ric Flair out there.

Is there any reason in the world for why Bertuzzi, Samuelsson, Cleary and Alfreddson are all playing on the same team?

I understand a team wanting to sign one of these veterans in order to have that leadership and experience, but for Christ's sake, why do you need four such players playing on the same team at the same time? This isn't the 2002 Wings.

Holland and Babcock have handcuffed this lineup by these stupid personnel decisions.

Bert was under contract and has no trade value so that one we can't do anything about it..... the Cleary re signing is still baffling..Love the guy but it was clearly time to move on. Alfie looks either injured or completely disinterested so far. Sammy is Sammy..hes a 3rd/4th liner now and he was under contract too and also has 0 trade value.

Alfie and Brunner are not the same guy. You're talking about a young player that might have had a future in Detroit, versus a one year deal that looks like Ric Flair out there.

True ..I meant more of what we can expect in production this year.

Bert was under contract and has no trade value so that one we can't do anything about it..... the Cleary re signing is still baffling..Love the guy but it was clearly time to move on. Alfie looks either injured or completely disinterested so far. Sammy is Sammy..hes a 3rd/4th liner now and he was under contract too and also has 0 trade value.

The latter three moves were on Holland, and all came within the last year. Bertuzzi would have been before that, if I'm not mistaken.

I would have done everything to re-sign Brunner, and never gone after Alfie, Cleary this season, or Sammy a season ago.

The Detroit Red Wings suck this year 2-2 awesome record. God help us all! We need to make a Trade! And why oh why did we ever sign #11? What a wast of 5.5 Million Dollars! There playing worse then the 2003 Wings did at the middle of that season. There useless in every way possible. They should get #51 and #24 back! Cause this team is going no where and is not going to win the Stanley Cup if they keep this stuff up. And if they can't win now will miss the playoffs this season!

Edited by redhasek2013

I know who I wish Tatar had played instead of in that game and it isn't Cleary or Samuelsson. I didn't go through and read the thread, but if everyone is not ripping Daniel Alfredsson a new one after that absolutely horrendous display at the end where he repeatedly showed complete ineptitude.... I don't really know what to think.

Also, lost two thirds of the face-offs.... so they won about 33% - I think that's about the percentage of passes made during that game by Detroit that weren't piss poor. Holy crap. I hope it was just the really stupid schedule that we got stuck with at the beginning of the season and not an indication of what is to be expected in the future.

You would think the speed and skill of the third line in the playoffs last season would have made some lasting impact on Holland/Babcock. Instead they insist on icing an old and slow team, with veterans that all provide the same attribute of nothing. There's simply no excuse for Tatar and Nyquist not to play over the likes of Samuelsson, Cleary and Bertuzzi. These veterans aren't making the Red Wings better and this continues to be the most glaring flaw of the organization.

Edited by GoWings1905

I know who I wish Tatar had played instead of in that game and it isn't Cleary or Samuelsson. I didn't go through and read the thread, but if everyone is not ripping Daniel Alfredsson a new one after that absolutely horrendous display at the end where he repeatedly showed complete ineptitude.... I don't really know what to think.

Also, lost two thirds of the face-offs.... so they won about 33% - I think that's about the percentage of passes made during that game by Detroit that weren't piss poor. Holy crap. I hope it was just the really stupid schedule that we got stuck with at the beginning of the season and not an indication of what is to be expected in the future.

We should be eating this schedule up. It's only going to get harder.

10 buxx says Babcock will find a way to twist this game into something positive.

"I thought we did a lot of good things tonight. Sometimes, you just don't get the bounces. Good things leads to more good things, just need to stay with our game". BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH.

I want to know what they practiced. Bab's system sucks. Period!

You would think the speed and skill of the third line in the playoffs last season would have made some lasting impact on Holland/Babcock. Instead they insist on icing an old and slow team, with veterans that all provide the same attribute of nothing. There's simply no excuse for Tatar and Nyquist not to play over the likes of Samuelsson, Cleary and Bertuzzi. These veterans aren't making the Red Wings better and this continues to be the biggest glaring flaw of the organization.

It's as though they turn their brains off when it comes to playing a vet or a rook, it's always vet that wins by default, regardless of performance

I know its only 4 games into the season but if we dont play a 100% improved game in nearly every aspect against Philly, full on panic mode will ensue. We ALL know the lines are s***, but good grief 2 goals per game with all this talent is beyond me.

I can't get over how Weiss makes his money. Flip was way better... I always thought Weiss was a banger and skated hard, he's neither of those two. Nor does he have good hands. How is he any better than miller for instance I notice him more!

Datsyuk and Zettterberg were awesome again not sure how the hell they didn't get a point.

Rough night for Alfie at the point there damn

Phx were pumped as usual against us, all on steroids those guys.