• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wingedominance13

10/10 GDT: Coyotes 4 at Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

Agreed. Despite his OT GWG, I feel like I've hardly noticed Weiss. I was hoping he'd have the edge that Fil seemed to lack. Alfredsson seems to constantly want to make the pretty cross ice pass. Don't see how they can put him back at the point at all, after that performance. I'd like to see them try spreading out the attack some:

Forgetting our roster space issues, it'd be nice to see what a lineup like this could do:

Abdelkader - Dats - Franzen

Nyquist- Zetterberg - Alfredsson

Tatar- Weiss - Cleary

Miller - Andersson - Bertuzzi (or Eaves/Tootoo upon their returns)

That would give us at least one body under 30 on each line and I feel like we could play with some more pace.

How long do you keep the 2nd line together with them not scoring or even creating chances?

We should be eating this schedule up. It's only going to get harder.

I agree with you based on the opponents (except Boston). I was referring to the 3 games in 4 nights and three different cities followed by four days off before another game.

Well, it seems stupid to me anyway..... we're all entitled to our own opinions.

I want to know what they practiced. Bab's system sucks. Period!

Fair accusation. If the team is mentally foggy after a four day break, instead of fresh and ready to go, then the first one to blame is the coach. And then if not the coach, the GM for not creating the optimal chemistry.

Guest mjtm77

Filpulla 4 points

Brunner 4 points

Alfie 1 point ( helps other team score goals)

Weiss 1 point ( to early to tell)

Babcock is not doing a good job at all. Actually hoping for injuries so Babs hand is forced to make the obvious moves. Babs will say we need to be better and make them practice hard but he sets them up to lose games. Special teams have been a disaster for 3 years kind of ridiculous changes havent been made in that area. There should be 1 of Alfie/Bert/Cleary on this team not all of them in the regular lineup. Meanwhile the defense is hanging by a thread. Any injury to Kronwall, Ericsson, Dekeseyer and even Quincey and this team is hooped.

Did Sammy even play, I don't even remember hearing his name let alone noticing him

still can't believe Babcock said Sammy and Tatar were 'tied' after the pre-season

and of course the 'ties' go to the vets since they're always better in every conceivable way

I think it is time Babcock does a little line juggling here. Alfie had a rough game tonight, but even Pavs looks like he is doing too much... lets simplify things.

I think Babs should load up the top line, and it isn't to punish Abby because he has been fantastic. In fact, I think Babs needs to use Abby on the 2nd line to spark some energy for them.

I would like to see

Zetty- Datsyuk-Alfie (Pavs and Hank are just so good, that they will get Alfie going and I feel all he needs is that 1st one and then he will relax and be more confident. Also, having a right-handed shot on this line could do wonders. It would be, no doubt, the smartest line in hockey.)

Franzen- Weiss- Abby (Abby will provide some much needed energy to this line and will go to the net)

Nyquist-Anderson- Tatar (just do it already, for the love of God I don't care how Kenny does it, just do it!)

And then the 4th line

I know the season is still young, but holy crow Bernier is looking good now that he is out of quicks shadow. I had a good feeling about him for my fantasy team, and I didn't even grab him till round 11

our fantasy teams might be the only thing entertaining us if our real team doesn't get their sh*t together

I know the season is still young, but holy crow Bernier is looking good now that he is out of quicks shadow. I had a good feeling about him for my fantasy team, and I didn't even grab him till round 11

He hasn't started a full season so it's hard to be completely sure, but Bernier looked very good when he played in LA. Quick got hot and just played unbelievable to secure his spot as starter, but there were those thinking it should've been Bernier.

I'd be surprised if he didn't end up being the starting goalie for the Leafs.

Also, I think Babs needs to adjust the powerplay units. Sometimes when things are not going good, having one stacked unit needs to be split up, especially when Franzen is playing like garbage.

PP1:

Zetty- Pavs- Abby (has earned it and he will not be afraid to go to dirty areas like Homer used to)

Alfie- Kronners

PP2:

Franzen-Weiss- Tatar (the guy can freakin score!)

Kindl- Smith/ Danny D (eff off Sammy!)

I have to think that the Wings must've known they wouldn't be able to buy out Sammy because of his "injury."

It's hard for me to believe they would hang on to the guy knowing he would be a $3 million 4th liner playing 7 to 9 minutes a game. What a waste of roster and cap space.

I didn't see the game tonight but from what I've heard and read, it sounds like they are truly a one line team at this point. It's good that Zetteberg is off to a great start because the rest of the team sure isn't.

Also, I think Babs needs to adjust the powerplay units. Sometimes when things are not going good, having one stacked unit needs to be split up, especially when Franzen is playing like garbage.

PP1:

Zetty- Pavs- Abby (has earned it and he will not be afraid to go to dirty areas like Homer used to)

Alfie- Kronners

PP2:

Franzen-Weiss- Tatar (the guy can freakin score!)

Kindl- Smith/ Danny D (eff off Sammy!)

but what about Bert, Cleary and Sammy? Babs doesn't want to hurt their feelings; don't worry, it'll only take them a few dozen games to get 'er going, then it'll be smooth sailing I'm sure

Seeing the final score and reading about the game I am very glad, I had to miss it. People like me who were never fans of the off season moves are for sure in for a long season. It's just too damn hard to justify what Kenny was thinking this off season. None of the acquired players were highly thought after guys, Weiss already came out and said how he needs to adjust a lot of things in order to fit in well with the DetroitRedWings. I don't even blame him, he was offered a great contract after missing almost a full half season with a serious injury...I would have signed that too!

Alfie already looked slow and desinterested last season, add to that the internal problems with an not improving Franzen and you'll end up with 3 problems right away. Looking back I really believe the only way for this organization to finally wake up and finally give the young guns a chance, is to miss the playoffs for the first time since almost forever. This whole crap on hanging on to the vets started with bringing back Sammy :angry:

The former class of the NHL has now become a team filled with over the hill players with an enforcer called "powerplay" and basically a one line team, I can't believe the ownership is happy with what they are seeing. Even the Calgary Flames realized, it was time to let guys like Iginla go and bring in young guns.

Tatar, Nyquist and Andersson should be on this damn team and guess what, they would at least bring some speed and hunger instead of trying to hold on for another big pay cheque. People were bashing how much Clarkson is making but guess what, he brings it all every night will stick up for his team mates and provides energy, I'd rather have him compared to Weiss his salary looks like a bargain.

The Coyotes are hardly known for their offense and yet the DetroitRedWings only managed to score two goals against them, will be fun playing against some of the elite teams in the East, but I guess Kenny still likes this super exciting fun to watch 1 line team

btw. the perfect human chose his retirement very wisely like always perfectly..

Edited by frankgrimes

Seeing the final score and reading about the game I am very glad, I had to miss it. People like me who were never fans of the off season moves are for sure in for a long season. It's just too damn hard to justify what Kenny was thinking this off season. None of the acquired players were highly thought after guys, Weiss already came out and said how he needs to adjust a lot of things in order to fit in well with the DetroitRedWings. I don't even blame him, he was offered a great contract after missing almost a full half season with a series injury...I would have signed that too! Alfie already looked slow and desinterested last season, add to that the internal problems with an not improving Franzen and you'll end up with 3 problems right away. Looking back I really believe the only way for this organization to finally wake up and finally give the young guns a chance, is to miss the playoffs for the first time since almost forever. This whole crap on hanging on to the vets started with bringing back Sammy :angry: The former class of the NHL has now become a team filled with over the hill players with an enforcer called "powerplay" and basically a one line team, I can't believe the ownership is happy with what they are seeing. Even the Calgary Flames realized, it was time to let guys like Iginla go and bring in young guns. Tatar, Nyquist and Andersson should be on this damn team and guess what, they would at least bring some speed and hunger instead of trying to hold on for another big pay cheque. People were bashing how much Clarkson is making but guess what, he brings it all every night will stick up for his team mates and provides energy, I'd rather have him compared to Weiss his salary looks like a bargain. The Coyotes are hardly known for their offense and yet the DetroitRedWings only managed to score two goals against them, will be fun playing against some of the elite teams in the East, but I guess Kenny still likes this super exciting fun to watch 1 line team

Awful and inaccurate post. Alfie looked disinterested last season? Hmm I don't know what games you were watching. In the first two games Alfie looked fantastic... you could really see the hunger in him. These last two games, the entire team looked off... Alfie will be GREAT for us, mark my words.

As for Weiss, I have not been too impressed yet, but I think the key to him is he will get going as soon as Alfie does and as soon as Babs gives him some help on that 2nd PP unit. I do agree with you on the young guys tho... they need to be playing over Sammy and Cleary big time.

I have to think that the Wings must've known they wouldn't be able to buy out Sammy because of his "injury."

It's hard for me to believe they would hang on to the guy knowing he would be a $3 million 4th liner playing 7 to 9 minutes a game. What a waste of roster and cap space.

I didn't see the game tonight but from what I've heard and read, it sounds like they are truly a one line team at this point. It's good that Zetteberg is off to a great start because the rest of the team sure isn't.

The good news is that they can now use that 2nd buyout on Franzen next summer......

Seeing the final score and reading about the game I am very glad, I had to miss it. People like me who were never fans of the off season moves are for sure in for a long season. It's just too damn hard to justify what Kenny was thinking this off season. None of the acquired players were highly thought after guys, Weiss already came out and said how he needs to adjust a lot of things in order to fit in well with the DetroitRedWings. I don't even blame him, he was offered a great contract after missing almost a full half season with a serious injury...I would have signed that too!

Alfie already looked slow and desinterested last season, add to that the internal problems with an not improving Franzen and you'll end up with 3 problems right away. Looking back I really believe the only way for this organization to finally wake up and finally give the young guns a chance, is to miss the playoffs for the first time since almost forever. This whole crap on hanging on to the vets started with bringing back Sammy :angry:

The former class of the NHL has now become a team filled with over the hill players with an enforcer called "powerplay" and basically a one line team, I can't believe the ownership is happy with what they are seeing. Even the Calgary Flames realized, it was time to let guys like Iginla go and bring in young guns.

Tatar, Nyquist and Andersson should be on this damn team and guess what, they would at least bring some speed and hunger instead of trying to hold on for another big pay cheque. People were bashing how much Clarkson is making but guess what, he brings it all every night will stick up for his team mates and provides energy, I'd rather have him compared to Weiss his salary looks like a bargain.

The Coyotes are hardly known for their offense and yet the DetroitRedWings only managed to score two goals against them, will be fun playing against some of the elite teams in the East, but I guess Kenny still likes this super exciting fun to watch 1 line team

btw. the perfect human chose his retirement very wisely like always perfectly..

Haha, you'd rather have Clarkson than Weiss eh? Let me know when Clarkson finally plays a game this season.