• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wingedominance13

10/10 GDT: Coyotes 4 at Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

I have to think that the Wings must've known they wouldn't be able to buy out Sammy because of his "injury."

It's hard for me to believe they would hang on to the guy knowing he would be a $3 million 4th liner playing 7 to 9 minutes a game. What a waste of roster and cap space.

I didn't see the game tonight but from what I've heard and read, it sounds like they are truly a one line team at this point. It's good that Zetteberg is off to a great start because the rest of the team sure isn't.

The good news is that they can now use that 2nd buyout on Franzen next summer......

and send Sammy to the Griffins.

Is anyone here really that surprised? Phoenix has played like crap so far (Smith in particular) so of course they were going to win. Let's hope the Flyers on Saturday are as bad as the Wings were tonight

This team will gel and look better, this was obviously an off night for the entire team. Unrelated to tonight's game, but Tootoo needs to get back in there. Seems kind of weird to have your GM sign a guy to a 3 year deal then barely play him over the course of his contract.

Ugh, the sad news is that Babs will almost certainly change the lines...but in some silly way that is arguably worse than what we've got now. Can't wait to see Sammy/Bert/Cleary in the top six. It's coming boys and girls, mark my words.

I think it is time Babcock does a little line juggling here. Alfie had a rough game tonight, but even Pavs looks like he is doing too much... lets simplify things.

I think Babs should load up the top line, and it isn't to punish Abby because he has been fantastic. In fact, I think Babs needs to use Abby on the 2nd line to spark some energy for them.

I would like to see

Zetty- Datsyuk-Alfie (Pavs and Hank are just so good, that they will get Alfie going and I feel all he needs is that 1st one and then he will relax and be more confident. Also, having a right-handed shot on this line could do wonders. It would be, no doubt, the smartest line in hockey.)

Franzen- Weiss- Abby (Abby will provide some much needed energy to this line and will go to the net)

Nyquist-Anderson- Tatar (just do it already, for the love of God I don't care how Kenny does it, just do it!)

And then the 4th line

This. I agree it is time to shuffle things around a bit.

Babcock is regarded as the best coach in the world, hate to say it but it's time for him to show it. Losing against an elite team 1:4 isn't great but still better than losing against average or below average teams, the DetroitRedWings have et to put together a whole 60 minutes effort.

Clear salary and send some guys to the Gr, most teams ice a speedy young third line and a tough as nails fourth line. Tatar, Andersson and Nyquist can't be worse than some of the veterans this franchise for whatever reason loves so much, they can't and aren't. I'd rather see one of the former mentioned players making a costly mistake and learning from it, instead of watching some over the hill veterans making the same mistake although they have well over 10 years in the league under their belt.

Abdelkader on the second line won't help them much, Weiss is supposed to be the second line center = top 6 role + top 6 salary start playing like that. This team could even have signed a PP quarterback in Raymond, guy has signed for 1 million when everyone knew, the DetroitRedWings would need one badly.

Yeah, it's just four games but these four games are looking very much like the team from last year, a team that barely made the playoffs and overarchieved. I am not pressing the panic button because I expected something similar to last year but at least play the young guys and stop throwing them under the bus after bad mistakes, more ice time means more time to learn.

Sadly, I remember a time when the only dicussion against teams like the Blues, Nashville, Sunbelts minus Ducks aso. was by HOW MUCH this organization would win, not if...

btw. please fix the tapatalk paragraphs thing.

Edited by frankgrimes

I was at the game last night. Most people, me included, were more into checking the Tigers score on their phones. Can't remember the last time I went to a game where the Wings were out-shot. Only one real power play (the first was about 10 seconds long) and it looked more like a Phoenix power play. A lot of close calls, though, the game really could have gone either way. Hopefully we pick up the intensity a bit on Saturday.

Other than the first game I think our last three games have been uninspiring. Pretty lucky win against Carolina. It's very early in the season. No need for a panic but I don't want us to dig holes for ourselves with boring efforts like this as the season goes on. I think the Zetts/Dats tandem will split up eventually unless we can find someone who can score with our two playmakers on that first line. I'd like to see Alfredsson on the first line with them. 2nd line is disappointing thus far so not sure what combo to use. Franzen seems useless, too early to judge Weiss. I think it's time to use a third line that'll have Tatar, Nyquist and Andersson for some energy. Then maybe Abby, Miller and Emmerton to grind until maybe Helm raises from the dead. Although I'd hate to plug the 2nd line with anyone of Bert, Samuelsson or Cleary. I do know one thing: only guy I saw movin his legs last night and actually getting into Phoenix's zone was Zetts...

Thoughts.

1. Last night we were exposed by a brilliant, ballsy coach and a hungry, disciplined team. Tippett realized our blue line is actually garbage in its own zone, so he "pinch shifted" his entire team forward, putting our young, bumbling D under extreme pressure and duress, and, in turn, completely stunting our attack. I call this strategy "salting the earth." Kill the the ground, the soil, the ultimate foundation...and nothing will grow. It was incredible to see. We can only hope other teams don't try the same thing, because if they do, we're screwed.

2. Smith and Quincey may be the worst pairing in the league. One of them needs to sit for a game or two or three or four hundred. Brutal. Terrible. Garbage.

3. We have so many borderline useless fourth-line scrubs on this team. Get off your lazy ass, Holland, and do whatever it takes to get Nyquist back in this lineup ASAP. At the very least, we're sorely missing his speed.

4. Babs needs to get over his fear/hatred of kids. Play Tatar, let him run wild on a new Kids Line with Nyquist and Andersson.

5. Through four games we've played, like, 40 good minutes, if that. Wonderful.

Edited by Dabura

Yeah, trade a guy who will kill us in cap penalties if he retires on another team.

The only option for him is a compliance buyout if you don't want to wait for him to retire.

They HAVE to buy him out. 7 more years of this bum yachting around the ice? No thanks. It's infuriating to watch him play. I always cut the big oaf some slack in the past because "yada yada playoff beast only a 3.9M cap hit yada yada". But no more. He's setting a bad pace on that 2nd line, and a toxic example for the rest of the team. To me, Franzen's play is the key reason why the Wings get accused of not bringing it night-to-night. You throw him on either of the two tops line and "presto", they suck: no cycle, no drive, no north-south game to speak of.

Weiss wil be fine. At least he's a digger. Alfredsson will be fine. You can't put Franzen anywhere.

I actually think they will buy him out, by the way. Unless he scores 30 - 40 goals this year. I'll chew off my own scrotum if he does.

They HAVE to buy him out. 7 more years of this bum yachting around the ice? No thanks. It's infuriating to watch him play. I always cut the big oaf some slack in the past because "yada yada playoff beast only a 3.9M cap hit yada yada". But no more. He's setting a bad pace on that 2nd line, and a toxic example for the rest of the team. To me, Franzen's play is the key reason why the Wings get accused of not bringing it night-to-night. You throw him on either of the two tops line and "presto", they suck: no cycle, no drive, no north-south game to speak of.

Weiss wil be fine. At least he's a digger. Alfredsson will be fine. You can't put Franzen anywhere.

I actually think they will buy him out, by the way. Unless he scores 30 - 40 goals this year. I'll chew off my own scrotum if he does.

Come on Franzen!!! You can dooooo it!

After watching this game I'm not ready to say our 2nd line will be garbage all season but if they don't put it together then they are. I feel the absolutely biggest problem on that line right now is Weiss. We brought him in to be the "abby" on that line. He is supposed to be using his speed to pursue the puck and set up our shooters. Alfie and Franzen both have great shots when they get the puck but Weiss needs to get it to them. I think he is too worried on trying to learn the system that its taking a hit to his game. When Weiss isn't skating and trying to forecheck and pursue the puck we have 3 floaters on one line which is horrendous.

As for the bottom six, not gonna even bother. Everybody has already stated too much useless talent on this roster. Going to be even tougher when Helm gets back because its going to be near impossible to get Tatar in the line up, let alone Nyquist. Im not going to panic on this team yet, because slow starts for us is pretty common, thats why the season is 82 games but for us to be a cup contender. Our second line needs to get there s*** together so we don't have to split up Z and D. We need helm back and playing with Nyquist and Tatar, and then Andersson centering the fourth with Tootoo and insert one of Miller/Eaves, Bertuzzi, Sammy, and I'm probably forgetting someone. (figuring Emmerton is in GR)

As for the bottom six, not gonna even bother. Everybody has already stated too much useless talent on this roster. Going to be even tougher when Helm gets back because its going to be near impossible to get Tatar in the line up, let alone Nyquist.

Personally, I'm not expecting Helm to be back at 80-100% until January at the very earliest. If Tatar and/or Nyquist isn/t/aren't playing regular minutes by that point, then I officially hate Ken Holland and Mike Babcock. Unless we're winning.

After watching this game I'm not ready to say our 2nd line will be garbage all season but if they don't put it together then they are. I feel the absolutely biggest problem on that line right now is Weiss. We brought him in to be the "abby" on that line. He is supposed to be using his speed to pursue the puck and set up our shooters. Alfie and Franzen both have great shots when they get the puck but Weiss needs to get it to them. I think he is too worried on trying to learn the system that its taking a hit to his game. When Weiss isn't skating and trying to forecheck and pursue the puck we have 3 floaters on one line which is horrendous.

As for the bottom six, not gonna even bother. Everybody has already stated too much useless talent on this roster. Going to be even tougher when Helm gets back because its going to be near impossible to get Tatar in the line up, let alone Nyquist. Im not going to panic on this team yet, because slow starts for us is pretty common, thats why the season is 82 games but for us to be a cup contender. Our second line needs to get there s*** together so we don't have to split up Z and D. We need helm back and playing with Nyquist and Tatar, and then Andersson centering the fourth with Tootoo and insert one of Miller/Eaves, Bertuzzi, Sammy, and I'm probably forgetting someone. (figuring Emmerton is in GR)

It's Franzen. I swear to god. I know it's easy to blame the new guy.

I don't think I've seen Franzen shoot the puck yet this season. If I was a 6-3, 220 lb winger, that could whip lasers from the hash marks, I'd be TAKING the puck there and firing bullets instead of playing on the outside all.friggin.game.

Don't forget, Franzen played with Datsyuk and Z alot last year and he sucked all over the place too.

Edit: Weiss got an OT winner by driving the net, and nearly scored last night on a similar play. I have yet to see Franzen do anything. Srsly. I'm not exagerating.

Edited by rick zombo