10/10 GDT: Coyotes 4 at Red Wings 2

• Please log in to reply
302 replies to this topic

#201 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,609 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:14 PM

I think we should get used to a lot of this, we are essentially the same team we iced in the regular season last yet.  Filp and Weiss might as well be the same guy and Alfie and Brunner might as well be the same guy which leaves us with the Cleary's, Bert's and Franzen's floating around the ice because they are too slow..until this team gets Gus and Tatar playing full time or makes a trade to get some speed we are a 5th-8th seed in this conference.  I hope they prove me wrong as they usually do but I expect a lot of nights like this with this lineup.

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

#202 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,004 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:15 PM

yeesh!  That one hurt.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#203 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:16 PM

I think we should get used to a lot of this, we are essentially the same team we iced in the regular season last yet.  Filp and Weiss might as well be the same guy and Alfie and Brunner might as well be the same guy which leaves us with the Cleary's, Bert's and Franzen's floating around the ice because they are too slow..until this team gets Gus and Tatar playing full time or makes a trade to get some speed we are a 5th-8th seed in this conference.  I hope they prove me wrong as they usually do but I expect a lot of nights like this with this lineup.

Probably an accurate statement.

#204 DRW Dominance

DRW Dominance

Yzerman=God

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,331 posts

terrible game.  no heart or jump.

really a terrible start to the season.  barely beat barfalo, ot to beat Carolina....wings are playing very slow right now.

naked is a state of mind

#205 Based

Based

Draftee

• 10 posts

Sammy needs to break his back while doing this and putting cleary into a coma

#206 jimmyemeryhunter

jimmyemeryhunter

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts

I'm kinda missing flip.

#207 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,846 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:17 PM

Alfie and Brunner are not the same guy.  You're talking about a young player that might have had a future in Detroit, versus a one year deal that looks like Ric Flair out there.   

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#208 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,609 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:17 PM

Is there any reason in the world for why Bertuzzi, Samuelsson, Cleary and Alfreddson are all playing on the same team? 

I understand a team wanting to sign one of these veterans in order to have that leadership and experience, but for Christ's sake, why do you need four such players playing on the same team at the same time?  This isn't the 2002 Wings.  

Holland and Babcock have handcuffed this lineup by these stupid personnel decisions.  

Bert was under contract and has no trade value so that one we can't do anything about it..... the Cleary re signing is still baffling..Love the guy but it was clearly time to move on.  Alfie looks either injured or completely disinterested so far.  Sammy is Sammy..hes a 3rd/4th liner now and he was under contract too and also has 0 trade value. 

#209 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,023 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:18 PM

How long do you keep the 2nd line together with them not scoring or even creating chances?

#210 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,609 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:18 PM

Alfie and Brunner are not the same guy.  You're talking about a young player that might have had a future in Detroit, versus a one year deal that looks like Ric Flair out there.   

True ..I meant more of what we can expect in production this year.

#211 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,846 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:20 PM

Bert was under contract and has no trade value so that one we can't do anything about it..... the Cleary re signing is still baffling..Love the guy but it was clearly time to move on.  Alfie looks either injured or completely disinterested so far.  Sammy is Sammy..hes a 3rd/4th liner now and he was under contract too and also has 0 trade value. 

The latter three moves were on Holland, and all came within the last year.  Bertuzzi would have been before that, if I'm not mistaken.  

I would have done everything to re-sign Brunner, and never gone after Alfie, Cleary this season, or Sammy a season ago.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#212 redhasek2013

redhasek2013

Prospect

• 35 posts

The Detroit Red Wings suck this year 2-2 awesome record. God help us all! We need to make a Trade! And why oh why did we ever sign #11? What a wast of 5.5 Million Dollars! There playing worse then the 2003 Wings did at the middle of that season. There useless in every way possible. They should get #51 and #24 back! Cause this team is going no where and is not going to win the Stanley Cup if they keep this stuff up. And if they can't win now will miss the playoffs this season! 

Edited by redhasek2013, 10 October 2013 - 09:21 PM.

#213 barabbas16

barabbas16

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 424 posts

I know who I wish Tatar had played instead of in that game and it isn't Cleary or Samuelsson.  I didn't go through and read the thread, but if everyone is not ripping Daniel Alfredsson a new one after that absolutely horrendous display at the end where he repeatedly showed complete ineptitude.... I don't really know what to think.

Also, lost two thirds of the face-offs.... so they won about 33% - I think that's about the percentage of passes made during that game by Detroit that weren't piss poor.  Holy crap.  I hope it was just the really stupid schedule that we got stuck with at the beginning of the season and not an indication of what is to be expected in the future.

#214 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:21 PM

I'm kinda missing flip.

If it makes you feel any better, Filppula wouldn't have changed the outcome of the game at all.

#215 datterberg1340

datterberg1340

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

How long do you keep the 2nd line together with them not scoring or even creating chances?

aw come on, they were only a combined minus -10 tonight

Babcock will probably say something like, "We'll get it looked after"

#216 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,396 posts

You would think the speed and skill of the third line in the playoffs last season would have made some lasting impact on Holland/Babcock. Instead they insist on icing an old and slow team, with veterans that all provide the same attribute of nothing. There's simply no excuse for Tatar and Nyquist not to play over the likes of Samuelsson, Cleary and Bertuzzi. These veterans aren't making the Red Wings better and this continues to be the most glaring flaw of the organization.

Edited by GoWings1905, 10 October 2013 - 09:25 PM.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#217 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,388 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:22 PM

This is all on you Babcock!!!!

#218 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,004 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:22 PM

I know who I wish Tatar had played instead of in that game and it isn't Cleary or Samuelsson.  I didn't go through and read the thread, but if everyone is not ripping Daniel Alfredsson a new one after that absolutely horrendous display at the end where he repeatedly showed complete ineptitude.... I don't really know what to think.

Also, lost two thirds of the face-offs.... so they won about 33% - I think that's about the percentage of passes made during that game by Detroit that weren't piss poor.  Holy crap.  I hope it was just the really stupid schedule that we got stuck with at the beginning of the season and not an indication of what is to be expected in the future.

We should be eating this schedule up.  It's only going to get harder. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#219 nuts2u

nuts2u

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:23 PM

That's one hell of a great 14 million dollar number 2 line Badcock   and Holland put together. NUMBER 2 is a perfect description ****.

#220 Fonzarelli

Fonzarelli

Rookie

• Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:25 PM

10 buxx says Babcock will find a way to twist this game into something positive.

"I thought we did a lot of good things tonight. Sometimes, you just don't get the bounces. Good things leads to more good things, just need to stay with our game". BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH.

I want to know what they practiced. Bab's system sucks. Period!