• Please log in to reply
302 replies to this topic

#221 datterberg1340

datterberg1340

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:25 PM

You would think the speed and skill of the third line in the playoffs last season would have made some lasting impact on Holland/Babcock. Instead they insist on icing an old and slow team, with veterans that all provide the same attribute of nothing. There's simply no excuse for Tatar and Nyquist not to play over the likes of Samuelsson, Cleary and Bertuzzi. These veterans aren't making the Red Wings better and this continues to be the biggest glaring flaw of the organization.

It's as though they turn their brains off when it comes to playing a vet or a rook, it's always vet that wins by default, regardless of performance

#222 DRW Dominance

DRW Dominance

Yzerman=God

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,331 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:28 PM

alfie, franzen -3, Weiss -4....wow

naked is a state of mind

#223 RedWang

RedWang

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:30 PM

I know its only 4 games into the season but if we dont play a 100% improved game in nearly every aspect against Philly, full on panic mode will ensue. We ALL know the lines are s***, but good grief 2 goals per game with all this talent is beyond me.

#224 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,745 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:31 PM

I can't get over how Weiss makes his money. Flip was way better... I always thought Weiss was a banger and skated hard, he's neither of those two. Nor does he have good hands. How is he any better than miller for instance I notice him more!

Datsyuk and Zettterberg were awesome again not sure how the hell they didn't get a point.

Rough night for Alfie at the point there damn

Phx were pumped as usual against us, all on steroids those guys.

#225 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,759 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:32 PM

If we played this same lineup in the playoffs last season, we would have lost to Anaheim in 5 games.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#226 larionov_8

larionov_8

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:33 PM

Agreed. Despite his OT GWG, I feel like I've hardly noticed Weiss. I was hoping he'd have the edge that Fil seemed to lack. Alfredsson seems to constantly want to make the pretty cross ice pass. Don't see how they can put him back at the point at all, after that performance. I'd like to see them try spreading out the attack some:

Forgetting our roster space issues, it'd be nice to see what a lineup like this could do:  

Abdelkader - Dats - Franzen

Nyquist- Zetterberg - Alfredsson  

Tatar- Weiss - Cleary

Miller - Andersson - Bertuzzi (or Eaves/Tootoo upon their returns)

That would give us at least one body under 30 on each line and I feel like we could play with some more pace.

How long do you keep the 2nd line together with them not scoring or even creating chances?

#227 barabbas16

barabbas16

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:33 PM

We should be eating this schedule up.  It's only going to get harder. 

I agree with you based on the opponents (except Boston).  I was referring to the 3 games in 4 nights and three different cities followed by four days off before another game. 

Well, it seems stupid to me anyway..... we're all entitled to our own opinions.

#228 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,566 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:38 PM

I want to know what they practiced. Bab's system sucks. Period!

Fair accusation. If the team is mentally foggy after a four day break, instead of fresh and ready to go, then the first one to blame is the coach. And then if not the coach, the GM for not creating the optimal chemistry.

#229 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:39 PM

Filpulla 4 points

Brunner 4 points

Alfie 1 point ( helps other team score goals)

Weiss 1 point ( to early to tell)

Posted Image

#230 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,978 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:45 PM

Babcock is not doing a good job at all.  Actually hoping for injuries so Babs hand is forced to make the obvious moves. Babs will say we need to be better and make them practice hard but he sets them up to lose games. Special teams have been a disaster for 3 years kind of ridiculous changes havent been made in that area. There should be 1 of Alfie/Bert/Cleary on this team not all of them in the regular lineup. Meanwhile the defense is hanging by a thread. Any injury to Kronwall, Ericsson, Dekeseyer and even Quincey and this team is hooped.

#231 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,299 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:49 PM

Did Sammy even play, I don't even remember hearing his name let alone noticing him

#232 RedWang

RedWang

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:55 PM

After philly if nothing changes im organizing a LGW march on Babs.

#233 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,299 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:56 PM

time to drop cleary/bert to fourth line, get Tatar on the 3rd and scratch sammy, hopefully bring goose up soon too

#234 datterberg1340

datterberg1340

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:57 PM

Did Sammy even play, I don't even remember hearing his name let alone noticing him

still can't believe Babcock said Sammy and Tatar were 'tied' after the pre-season

and of course the 'ties' go to the vets since they're always better in every conceivable way

#235 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:58 PM

I think it is time Babcock does a little line juggling here. Alfie had a rough game tonight, but even Pavs looks like he is doing too much... lets simplify things.

I think Babs should load up the top line, and it isn't to punish Abby because he has been fantastic. In fact, I think Babs needs to use Abby on the 2nd line to spark some energy for them.

I would like to see

Zetty- Datsyuk-Alfie (Pavs and Hank are just so good, that they will get Alfie going and I feel all he needs is that 1st one and then he will relax and be more confident. Also, having a right-handed shot on this line could do wonders. It would be, no doubt, the smartest line in hockey.)

Franzen- Weiss- Abby (Abby will provide some much needed energy to this line and will go to the net)

Nyquist-Anderson- Tatar (just do it already, for the love of God I don't care how Kenny does it, just do it!)

And then the 4th line

#236 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,299 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:04 PM

I know the season is still young, but holy crow Bernier is looking good now that he is out of quicks shadow. I had a good feeling about him for my fantasy team, and I didn't even grab him till round 11

#237 datterberg1340

datterberg1340

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:05 PM

I know the season is still young, but holy crow Bernier is looking good now that he is out of quicks shadow. I had a good feeling about him for my fantasy team, and I didn't even grab him till round 11

our fantasy teams might be the only thing entertaining us if our real team doesn't get their sh*t together

#238 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,299 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:06 PM

our fantasy teams might be the only thing entertaining us if our real team doesn't get their sh*t together

agreed

#239 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:07 PM

He hasn't started a full season so it's hard to be completely sure, but Bernier looked very good when he played in LA.  Quick got hot and just played unbelievable to secure his spot as starter, but there were those thinking it should've been Bernier. 

I'd be surprised if he didn't end up being the starting goalie for the Leafs.

#240 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:07 PM

Also, I think Babs needs to adjust the powerplay units. Sometimes when things are not going good, having one stacked unit needs to be split up, especially when Franzen is playing like garbage.

PP1:

Zetty- Pavs- Abby (has earned it and he will not be afraid to go to dirty areas like Homer used to)

Alfie- Kronners

PP2:

Franzen-Weiss- Tatar (the guy can freakin score!)

Kindl- Smith/ Danny D (eff off Sammy!)