• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
rrasco

10/12 GDT: Flyers 2 at Red Wings 5

Rate this topic

I'm worried that maybe management is keeping him out as trade material...?? He does hold the most value and I think the wings rather hold on to nyquist then Tatar...???

Trade him for what? We need a young scoring top six winger and Tatar is ready or close to ready to fill that role.

I'm worried that maybe management is keeping him out as trade material...?? He does hold the most value and I think the wings rather hold on to nyquist then Tatar...???

Holland already said a while ago that he was not going anywhere. And if he was trade material he would be playing.

Judging from Babs' comment about Tatar not being in, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Tatar's "off-ice persona" has not endeared him to his head coach. And now that I think about it...is it perhaps a little interesting that Babs says - about a week ago, I think - that he likes Tatar as a player? (Unless memory doesn't serve and that's not in fact what he said. But I'm pretty sure it is.) Then you add Smith's idiocy to the equation, and you look at Glendening (hard-working, "blue-collar," etc.) getting the promotion....Maybe Babs is on a "Red Wings Way" kick. Maybe what's going on with the lines is about attitude and character more than anything else. (See also (?): Tootoo.)

Sorry let me try to reiterate. I don't want him

Traded and want him on the line up. What I was trying to say was that quote made it sound like the situation went further then Babcock just wanting to play him. I just kinda was asking the universal question of maybe he is being shopped. I figured keeping him out of the line up would prevent injury and keep any deal that could be in the works from falling through. I'm not sayin it's what I want or that it will happen. Just trying to put my thinking of one scenario that could be in the fold.

If he was getting moved then I would think Tatar plus roster player plus a pick for a more established offensive scorer, but once again I don't think we should not do I want to.

Judging from Babs' comment about Tatar not being in, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Tatar's "off-ice persona" has not endeared him to his head coach. And now that I think about it...is it perhaps a little interesting that Babs says - about a week ago, I think - that he likes Tatar as a player? (Unless memory doesn't serve and that's not in fact what he said. But I'm pretty sure it is.) Then you add Smith's idiocy to the equation, and you look at Glendening (hard-working, "blue-collar," etc.) getting the promotion....Maybe Babs is on a "Red Wings Way" kick. Maybe what's going on with the lines is about attitude and character more than anything else. (See also (?): Tootoo.)

I haven't heard anything about Tatar's off-ice behavior, so hopefully that isn't the case.

It's pretty obvious what Babcock's referring to. It's been known for some time that this team has a glut of NHL-caliber, sub-par forwards, and they'd like to get rid of the ones they can while getting something in return. Holland's probably told Babcock to showcase them as trade fodder. I suspect after game 20 (or 10, depending on how bad they do) we'll see a roster resembling the best the Wings can ice. We'll just have to endure an aggravating early season, which is a shame, because I wanted to see a 24/7 filled with Wings' wins, and not locker-room drama......hmmm, maybe HBO is behind all this to make their show more interesting.

That being said, I'm not sure why Samuelsson hasn't been sitting more. They can't trade him, and he clearly isn't trying.

Is Smith a healthy scratch? I can't find anything on him being out

Yeah, he's out and Lashoff is in.

Edit: You really should read the mlive article about it, Smith really makes himself look good while alternately denying he's played poorly and subtly throwing his teammates under the bus.

Edited by kipwinger