• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
rrasco

10/12 GDT: Flyers 2 at Red Wings 5

Rate this topic

I love me some bbq crow

Why was tootoo even in tonight? He got 3:54 ice time

Everybody knows that Mike Babcock wants a grittier, tougher, team and Ken Holland simply won't give it to him. That's why he uses the hell out of the one gritty guy he's got.

He looked bad playing a couple of minutes in a role completely wrong for him against one of the best teams in the league in a game where the entire Wings lineup was awful?

Shocking.

Go back and read the original post......the point is that whether you are on the first OR the fourth line you need to be defensively responsible. You also need to possess the puck. Tatar did neither of these things in his debut. I WANT this guy in the line up too but I don't think he did anything at all to secure a spot. The team was awful and he was awful but he didn't rise to the occasion.

Guest Playmaker

The first line looked great tonight, but it was one game. If Bertuzzi still looks this good after 15 or 20 games, then Babs is onto something.

An earth-shattering observation: both of Datsyuk's goals - the Buffalo one and tonight's - were backhand bullets from roundabout the hash marks.

Also, I LOVED our first line tonight. LOVED. Keep Bertuzzi there forever plz kthx.

Its bizarre that for a guy whose (forehand) wrist shot is so average, that his backhand is probably the best in the NHL.

Guest Crymson

Its bizarre that for a guy whose (forehand) wrist shot is so average, that his backhand is probably the best in the NHL.

His forehand shot is well above average also.

Yes his shortcomings were everyone else's fault except his.

Its simple. If you can't play defense, you can't play. He was a liability on the ice, and I fully expected and agreed with Babs benching him after that performance. His turnovers weren't the result of playing on the fourth line. Nor were they the result of him only playing a few minutes. Nor were they a result of the rest of the team playing poorly. His decisions with the puck and without the puck were entirely his to make, and for the most part, they were clumsy, ill-timed, poor decisions that didn't produce anything productive for the team, and often ended up with puck on an opponent's stick.

Bret Hull and Gretzky both had pretty good careers and neither one played a stick of defense. :lol:

Bert played a hell of a game and really opened up the ice for Z and Pav. Glendening looks like a minor improvement over Emdog but an improvement none the less. Lashoff>Smith. Tootoo gets a spot just for the death stare. I thought the 2nd line still sucked. Its time Holland put out some feelers to see what Mule would fetch in a trade. Put Mule in the press box next game if he doesn't get the message then trade his ass(no pun intended). Never break up the PavZuzzi line.

Bert played a hell of a game and really opened up the ice for Z and Pav. Glendening looks like a minor improvement over Emdog but an improvement none the less. Lashoff>Smith. Tootoo gets a spot just for the death stare. I thought the 2nd line still sucked. Its time Holland put out some feelers to see what Mule would fetch in a trade. Put Mule in the press box next game if he doesn't get the message then trade his ass(no pun intended). Never break up the PavZuzzi line.

It was one game, cross your fingers there are more to come.

That death stare was incredible.

If tootoo is scratched for the next meeting, i will be upset.

It was one game, cross your fingers there are more to come.

If tootoo is scratched for the next meeting, i will be upset.

Agreed, I love when they have Toots in the lineup. Gives them an extra dimension in my opinion. Makes the other team watch their backs when he's on the ice, and he scares the crap out of them as you can see from that gif. He may rarely score any goals but he brings a boatload of energy and can lay the smackdown when needed.

Its time Holland put out some feelers to see what Mule would fetch in a trade. Put Mule in the press box next game if he doesn't get the message then trade his ass(no pun intended).

Franzen + Smith (+ something?) for a top defenseman. I'm sure Smith will be the best defenseman ever one day, but I don't want to wait. FOR OUR LIVES TO BE OVER

Also, +1 ogreslayer.

Agreed, I love when they have Toots in the lineup. Gives them an extra dimension in my opinion. Makes the other team watch their backs when he's on the ice, and he scares the crap out of them as you can see from that gif. He may rarely score any goals but he brings a boatload of energy and can lay the smackdown when needed.

Even if he just draws penalties, that alone is pretty big. (Assuming our power play can keep it up and become "our enforcer" like it was back in the day.)

What I didn't like about the Newbury slash was that Tootoo's hit was clean. Now, granted, maybe it's a little late in a 5-2 game for a big hit. But you don't slash the guy like that. Very bush league.

Franzen + Smith (+ something?) for a top defenseman. I'm sure Smith will be the best defenseman ever one day, but I don't want to wait. FOR OUR LIVES TO BE OVER

Also, +1 ogreslayer.

We could trade him to a team that has no interest whatsoever in playing defense...like Edmonton. They'd get another defenseman (in name only) and all we'd ask for in return is Sam Gagner's missing teeth from the Kassian high stick. In the blink of an eye Edmonton would start winning their 6-5 debacles like last night, and we'd plant our Gagner teeth into the muddy banks of the Detroit River and, like a bean stalk, watch them grow and grow and grow.

RIP Gagner's teeth. You will be missed.

I DON'T WANNA WAIT...