• Please log in to reply
394 replies to this topic

#321 zztop40

zztop40

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:43 PM

Mick said.....I tell you he didn't say "Happy Thanksgiving"    (read my lips Tootoo to Newbury after that hit)  LOL

#322 Yeti

Yeti

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:45 PM

Slashed Toots in the back of the leg after Tootoo cleanly hit him. Then Tootoo gave him the death stare

Pleass tell me someone saved the video of that stare!

#323 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:46 PM

That closeup on Tootoo was the greatest thing ever. GIF plz!

Don't Toews me, bro!

#324 Superman54

Superman54

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:46 PM

Good to see Alfy with a bounce back game. Love Toots stare down, plays with passion. You almost have to split up Dats and Zetterberg even strength if this bottom 9 can't help offensively. Its cruel because they are magic together but these vets need some jump and Weiss with Mule hasn't been working. If your not going to play nyquist or tatar and these guys can't figure it out then split our euro twins. The way i see it those guys are playing ageless right now, so they will probably create damage with whomever.

#325 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,538 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:47 PM

Well he'll definitely pay for that next time we play.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#326 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:48 PM

BWa8fA_IgAA_dhg.jpg

Definitely need a Tootoo GIF

Edited by marcaractac, 12 October 2013 - 08:49 PM.

#327 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:49 PM

Much better game tn, but still stuff to work on.

The top line was unreal... please Babs never break them up I LUV when Bert plays with Pavs!

Alfie had a great game, despite being on the 3rd line. Speaking of which all the bottom 6 were good tonight. 

The two things I will say is that despite winning 5-2, Franzen still stood out as being 3 steps behind, lazy and useless. Alfie should defs be on that 2nd line over Franzen. Also, the team needs to do a better job at limiting shots. BUT, a much needed win for sure and hopefully they come out in Boston looking for retribution on Monday.

#328 Mike J.

Mike J.

Rookie

• Pip
  • 192 posts

Not happy about what happened to Toots right at the end there, pretty stupid that Newbury serves an 18 second penalty and thats it. Although I did enjoy seeing Toots give him the death stare and threaten him haha. Hopefully he's okay.

#329 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,215 posts

http://youtu.be/8nqQgI9ollc

Edited by Hockeymom1960, 12 October 2013 - 08:50 PM.

#330 datterberg1340

datterberg1340

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:50 PM

he damn well better, I'm tired of players from other teams taking liberties with our guys and then not facing any retribution whatsoever

overall great game tonight, much better effort, even if it was against a banged up team that played the night before

#331 Fonzarelli

Fonzarelli

Rookie

• Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:51 PM

What I don't understand is why Babcock doesn't play his fourth line? Seriously, Franzen needs to be down there.

#332 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:52 PM

Great win. Bad in some respects (e.g. we are TERRIBLE in our own zone), but man oh man, a whole lot of good.

Bert was absurdly awesome.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#333 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:55 PM

Great game by Alfie tonight as well. Feeling like he is on the verge of breaking out

#334 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,538 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:57 PM

Lots of ambivalence about Bertuzzi on the boards these days.  Prior to tonight's game, half of LGW wanted him off the team.  Anybody willing to eat crow?

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

#335 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:58 PM

Maybe it's just how his face is, but I thought Newburry (spelling?) looked visibly shaken by the "Happy Thanksgiving."

I love hockey.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#336 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,538 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:58 PM

Maybe it's just how his face is, but I thought Newburry (spelling?) looked visibly shaken by the "Happy Thanksgiving."

I love hockey.

Again, I didn't see it.  Is that what Tootoo told him?

#337 Superman54

Superman54

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:59 PM

Many don't see how much Franzen is a key for us IF he is scoring goals. You need a way to find a solution for his lack of production, not just demotion. Not saying they haven't been trying that but a unproducing Mule is a worse off redwings squad...I am not a very big fan of him personally, but he can be so effective when he is producing, scary sometimes. You should want success from Detroit more then watching a mule k down. 

Edited by Superman54, 12 October 2013 - 09:00 PM.

#338 Fonzarelli

Fonzarelli

Rookie

• Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:05 PM

Many don't see how much Franzen is a key for us IF he is scoring goals. You need a way to find a solution for his lack of production, not just demotion. Not saying they haven't been trying that but a unproducing Mule is a worse off redwings squad...I am not a very big fan of him personally, but he can be so effective when he is producing, scary sometimes. You should want success from Detroit more then watching a mule k down.

I agree but the ass, I mean mule, doesn't even shoot. He's not even doing what he's told to do. He's supposed to go to the front of the net. How many times have you seen him park himself there?

#339 datterberg1340

datterberg1340

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:07 PM

Lots of ambivalence about Bertuzzi on the boards these days.  Prior to tonight's game, half of LGW wanted him off the team.  Anybody willing to eat crow?

sure I'll admit I wanted him off the team when he was sucking, like a lot of other people did, but that's how it is with us fickle sports fans I guess; if Sammy somehow goes on a 10 game goal-scoring streak I'd eat crow for that, too(though if that were to happen, my head would probably explode before I ever got to a keyboard)

#340 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:07 PM

Todd Ber-Tuz-Zi! (clap, clap, clap-clap-clap).