• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
theman19

Luke Glendening?

Rate this topic

Suffice it to say that we probably won't be seeing Emmerton again.

/quote]

That's kind of awesome. Nothing against emmerton. But, We are able to make an improvement, as minor as it may be, without losing anything.

Edited by The Greek

No actual improvement over Emmerton. Both are not that good 4th line centers.

i think Glendening easily looked better than emmerton ever has on the pk, he kinda looked like helm out there, that's good. Also had some sog.

Edited by jollymania

He's a little better skater and better defensively with his stick than Emmerton. Also fights through checks and seems to have pretty good positioning instincts. Glendening's game will get better, especially if/when Helm returns and Luke stays in the lineup (which I'm hoping would happen, but we all know he'll be scratched for Samuelsson, Eaves, etc).

He was fantastic. Couple rookie mistakes sure, but already an improvement over emdog. Emmertons skill set is that of a top 6 forward, but he is nowhere near good enough to be a top 6 forward in this league. Glendening just fits the mold so much better as a 4th line center, and it showed.

He's a good hardworking kid, the type of player that Mike Babcock craves. He's also a very nice fellow. I met him at camp, and he was saying, "I'm not famous yet." "Don't worry, We can say we knew you when."

And he likes my doggie, so he's thumbs up in my book, and paws up in Loki's. :D

I was actually impressed by his skating ability and ability to pressure the puck carrier (yes, in very short bursts), but mostly because I had no expectations for him whatsoever.

It really begs the question of how you identify future NHL "role players" and grinders as young players. You used to hear the phrase "scored 50 goals in juniors" as evidence that goons and grinders were once thought of as potential Top 6 forwards as prospects. Glendening really hasn't been a great scorer at any level of collegiate or pro hockey, but if he learns to be an effective defensive forward at NHL speed that can kill penalties, does that even matter?

Edited by StormJH1