• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#61 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:28 PM

I know what you're saying, but I think you're selling our defensive d-men a bit short.  Also, I think another puck mover would help fill the void on the second pp unit point where we don't have a quality defenseman OR forward to fill the spot.  I'd like to see something like this...

Kronwall-Ericsson

Kulikov/Del Zotta-Dekeyser

Kindl-Quincey/Lashoff

That's a solid puck mover and defensive d-man on each pairing.  Plus, then you'd have Kindl-Kulikov/Del Zotto as the points on the second powerplay unit.

I think you're selling Kindl short though.  He is that puck-moving guy and he's not as much a liability defensively as those two.  

We can agree we need depth on D lol

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#62 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,145 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:33 PM

I didn't know if anyone had posted this yet, but Dreger is saying the Wings are actively looking to move players right now.

I'm guessing that's been their position since the start of the season but he at least makes it sounds like it's gotten more active lately.

http://www.tsn.ca/bl...eger/?id=434695

The Detroit Red Wings are among the teams believed to be eager to make a move.   

The Wings need to create some cap space and sources say Jordin Tootoo is in play.

Detroit would like to call up Gustav Nyquist from the AHL, but don't have the cap room to make it happen.   

Tootoo makes $1.9 mill. this season and is valued by some teams because of his grit.

#63 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:40 PM

I didn't know if anyone had posted this yet, but Dreger is saying the Wings are actively looking to move players right now.

I'm guessing that's been their position since the start of the season but he at least makes it sounds like it's gotten more active lately.

http://www.tsn.ca/bl...eger/?id=434695

It was posted on the previous page but regardless I could see Montreal or Toronto having interest. Assuming they could free up the cap space.

Specifically the Canadiens as almost all their "gritty" players seem to be injured for a while.

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#64 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,283 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:24 PM

Anyone else hate the idea of trading Tootoo to Montreal or Toronto?

Edited by rick zombo, 21 October 2013 - 05:25 PM.

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"