10/14 GDT : Red Wings 3 at Bruins 2

• Please log in to reply
401 replies to this topic

#321 Naps137

Naps137

Dekes of a Datsyukian Nature

• 19 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:44 PM

I just want to repeat his one more time...

This game was just completelyf****** absurd.  We won only despite the refs best efforts to throw this game the other way.

IMHO they missed calls...what was a penalty for Detroit, wasn't for Boston.

ftdd.png

"I only want Detroit. I want to start and finish with one team. This team. Detroit." -Pavel Datsyuk

#322 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:47 PM

Big Rig got more ice time than Kronner did, that has to be a first

#323 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,004 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:48 PM

some missed calls? I would like to point out the fact that Detroit got no PP's, had a few very weak calls against them, and Boston got away with a lot

Ok, so are you trying to suggest that the refs actively conspired to make the Wings lose/Boston win?  Because if so, you're delusional. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#324 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:48 PM

I wonder what they count as takeaways... apparently Detroit only had 1, although I remember Datsyuk had a few just himself

#325 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,095 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:50 PM

Are you guys suggesting that the refs wanted Boston to win?  Or that they missed calls. 

I'll agree that some of the calls were poor, but you're taking a huge leap to suggest that they either wanted Boston to win, or wanted Detroit to lose.

Conspiracy theories are stupid.

It was obvious they wanted the Bruins to win. I know how childish that sounds, but it's true. Even my Bruins fan friend agrees, and that's saying something.

Brad Watson hates the Wings, IMHO.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#326 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,395 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:50 PM

Babs wasn't too fond of the officiating either.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#327 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,095 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:51 PM

Also, conspiracy theories are awesome.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#328 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:52 PM

Ok, so are you trying to suggest that the refs actively conspired to make the Wings lose/Boston win?  Because if so, you're delusional. 

either you didn't watch the game, or you're delusional. 

#329 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,238 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:53 PM

Kronwall looks so much more mature and composed this year compared to last
Alfredsson penalty had to be called. The 5 on 3 were both weak calls that Boston was getting away with all game. Not to mention the timing of the power plays a little suspicious

#330 RedWang

RedWang

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:56 PM

Best effort of the season by the guys we love to hate. Franzen, Cleary, and Weiss all played well today. s*** officiating, but still best game by the wings so far this season IMO.

#331 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,169 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:56 PM

either you didn't watch the game, or you're delusional. 

Why can't he be both?!

*puts on tinfoil hat*

*dances around*

While I don't agree that the refs "wanted Boston to win," I do think that there is an element of...um..."game influence" when ALL the PPs go to one team when that team is clearly playing an equally physical game. I'm all for letting those things go, but they need to be let go for BOTH teams, not just the one.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#332 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:00 PM

Brilliant game all around.

Big Rig got more ice time than Kronner did, that has to be a first

The Wings had zero power plays, and Kronwall spent two minutes in the box.

#333 Ram

Ram

Tots

• Bronze Booster
  • 773 posts

Nice win by the Wings this afternoon!

"Hey @Datsyuk13 really bro? On my bday...cmonnnn.. Someone fix that ice in the corner.." - @logancouture

#334 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,482 posts

Why can't he be both?!

*puts on tinfoil hat*

*dances around*

While I don't agree that the refs "wanted Boston to win," I do think that there is an element of...um..."game influence" when ALL the PPs go to one team when that team is clearly playing an equally physical game. I'm all for letting those things go, but they need to be let go for BOTH teams, not just the one.

Exactly, I never said they "wanted" boston to win, but they didn't do themselves any favours by not giving Detroit even one pp, and the only penalty Boston got, Detroit got too. 5 pp's for boston 0 for Detroit, they could have thrown us a bone even 1-2 pp's and I would not be all that upset

#335 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,004 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:01 PM

It was obvious they wanted the Bruins to win. I know how childish that sounds, but it's true. Even my Bruins fan friend agrees, and that's saying something.

Brad Watson hates the Wings, IMHO.

Watson hates the Wings eh?  Why?  Did Mike Ilitch f*** his wife? 

You're suggesting that a professional referee, who gets paid to be objective, is being obviously biased against a team for no good reason whatsoever.  And you have nothing to substantiate these claims, except your honest opinion.  An opinion which couldn't possibly be clouded because you're a fan of the team who got the short end of the stick today.

Nobody is conspiring the keep the Wings down.  There are lots of games where we have more powerplays.  I don't see any of you lining up to cry shenanigans when it favors us. 

Sad fact is, so far this season we're a team that takes a lot of penalties.  We've been taking too many penalties since game one.  It's not a conspiracy, it's just sloppy play.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

#336 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:04 PM

Brilliant game all around.

The Wings had zero power plays, and Kronwall spent two minutes in the box.

Oh I know the reasoning behind why Big Rig got so muce TOI, I just never see him get more than 55 is all. I am not trying to restart the "why does datsyuk get 15 seconds less ice time per game than Zetterberg" argument lol

Watson hates the Wings eh?  Why?  Did Mike Ilitch f*ck his wife? 

You're suggesting that a professional referee, who gets paid to be objective, is being obviously biased against a team for no good reason whatsoever.  And you have nothing to substantiate these claims, except your honest opinion.  An opinion which couldn't possibly be clouded because you're a fan of the team who got the short end of the stick today.

Nobody is conspiring the keep the Wings down.  There are lots of games where we have more powerplays.  I don't see any of you lining up to cry shenanigans when it favors us. 

Sad fact is, so far this season we're a team that takes a lot of penalties.  We've been taking too many penalties since game one.  It's not a conspiracy, it's just sloppy play.

Right, because Boston was composed and calm all game, and they didn't deserve any penalties...

#337 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,123 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:06 PM

Just checking in and heard on the radio that we won today ... came home to check boxscore to see Gus was in net ... what a pleasant surprise.  

#338 Superman54

Superman54

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:08 PM

Suspect officiating tonight, as was mentioned seemed the calls going against Detroit weren't applying to Boston. After the post game interview with Babs even he seemed abit bewildered by the refs. Any case we left Boston with a good W, our secondary scoring showed up, Mule moved his feet like he should always do. Eurotwins at their finest, seriously amazing how good they compete against the elite teams. Besides some flopping around moments that i wish were cleaned up Gus played hard and made some great stops. All in all a good effort from the previous visit, and lets keep sacrificing the body with those blocked shots!!!

P.S love DK's composure out there 

#339 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,570 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:09 PM

I didn't really notice the bad reffing.  It's definitely not the worst we've ever seen.  Boston should've had a few, but there's nothing egregious I can think of that the refs missed.  You have to admit, some of those Wings penalties were stupid of them to take.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#340 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,004 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:14 PM

Exactly, I never said they "wanted" boston to win, but they didn't do themselves any favours by not giving Detroit even one pp, and the only penalty Boston got, Detroit got too. 5 pp's for boston 0 for Detroit, they could have thrown us a bone even 1-2 pp's and I would not be all that upset

We've committed six or more penalties three times in six games.  In the other three we had four, three, and three. 

We are not a very disciplined team.  Some games we take lots of penalties.  When you're constantly committing penalties it's pretty hard for the other team to commit any.  Teams rarely take penalties on the powerplay.  So it stands to reason that if you commit a lot of penalties, and constantly put the other team on the pp, they're less likely to commit penalties themselves.