• Please log in to reply
401 replies to this topic

#341 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,937 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:16 PM

Defense is looking better with Lashoff in the lineup. I hope Smith can step it up.

Edited by RyanBarnes!, 14 October 2013 - 03:17 PM.

"Joey (Kocur) has no fear" -Lyndon Byers
"Empty-net goals are for homos" -Al Iafrate

#342 Superman54

Superman54

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:18 PM

I didn't really notice the bad reffing.  It's definitely not the worst we've ever seen.  Boston should've had a few, but there's nothing egregious I can think of that the refs missed.  You have to admit, some of those Wings penalties were stupid of them to take.

You can pinpoint everything if you want, but if your up 3 to 1 yet have taken 6 penalties to 0, to me that suggests the goal lead is the only part of the stats sheet your winning. Except I believe Detroit haven't moved their feet any better then they did today, so the whole levelling the playing field wasn't preached for this one. 

#343 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,226 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:18 PM

did anyone else think that the Boston announcer sounds a lot like cameron on the phone with mr. rooney in ferris buellers day off?

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=wKTKqP7Qg4s

#344 CaliforniaWingsFan

CaliforniaWingsFan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:21 PM

Pretty good game all around. I will say Gus was playing very well despite my reaction when I saw him in net. IMO pretty stupid that the Bruins didn't take a single penalty in the game, but what can you do. Great game going forward, and they proved they can beat the best team in the Eastern Conference. Go Wings!  :clap:

#345 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,008 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:22 PM

@AnsarKhanMLive: Babcock looked at scoresheet: "5-0 (power play edge for Bruins).Might have to frame that because no one will believe it actually happened.''

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#346 greenrebellion

greenrebellion

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:25 PM

The constant complaining about officiating on these boards gets tiring.  The fact that some people actually believe that Watson or other refs are conspiring against the Wings is beyond comical.

Fact is this.  Every hockey forum for every team in the NHL has numerous posts complaining about how biased the refs are against their team.  Maybe that should tell you that through the rose colored glasses, everyone thinks they are getting screwed.  Start enjoying the hockey game rather than worrying about and whining about every decision the refs make on the ice.

Did they miss some calls today?  Maybe, but it all evens out in an 82 game season.

#347 Superman54

Superman54

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:25 PM

Lashoff was desperate on that 5 on 3 kill, was great too see. Smith better feel that hot flame under his ass only getting hotter!!!

#348 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,018 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:32 PM

Technically Krejci took a roughing penalty, it was just offset by Danny D's roughing.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#349 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,226 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:37 PM

Technically Krejci took a roughing penalty, it was just offset by Danny D's roughing.

They forgot about iginlas roughing

#350 Superman54

Superman54

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:37 PM

watching the highlights from the playoffs last year with hawks shows a crime that Gus and his speed aren't on this squad right now...

#351 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,226 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:39 PM

watching the highlights from the playoffs last year with hawks shows a crime that Gus and his speed aren't on this squad right now...

Yup, but at the very least we have glendenings speed out there while that plug Cory can rot in the minors

#352 LeagueIntegrity

LeagueIntegrity

Prospect

• 31 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:40 PM

Are you guys suggesting that the refs wanted Boston to win?  Or that they missed calls. 

I'll agree that some of the calls were poor, but you're taking a huge leap to suggest that they either wanted Boston to win, or wanted Detroit to lose.

Conspiracy theories are stupid.

If the score had been 3-1 Boston, in Detroit, the calls would've probably been in Detroit's favor.  Nearly every ref in the league is guilty of it to some extent, but Brad Watson is the worst . 

Also, if there's any league that would fix games via reffing, it's the NHL.  The MLB, and NFL don't need it, but you know how the NHL sells itself on parity and close games.  

#353 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,703 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:46 PM

I just want to weigh in on the penalty issue. I think it is completely plausible that the refs are told to influence the game slightly to keep it close. How many times have we seen a pp for a team right after they were scored on? All the time. In a big original 6 game with the home team down and the only game on tv i think the refs went a little overboard tonight. They made knit pick calls on detroit that they turned the blind eye to when boston did them. Thats my 2 cents.
  • Y19 likes this

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#354 WingsAlways

WingsAlways

Grind Line 2.0

• PipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:04 PM

Watson hates the Wings eh?  Why?  Did Mike Ilitch f*** his wife? 

You're suggesting that a professional referee, who gets paid to be objective, is being obviously biased against a team for no good reason whatsoever.  And you have nothing to substantiate these claims, except your honest opinion.  An opinion which couldn't possibly be clouded because you're a fan of the team who got the short end of the stick today.

Nobody is conspiring the keep the Wings down.  There are lots of games where we have more powerplays.  I don't see any of you lining up to cry shenanigans when it favors us. 

Sad fact is, so far this season we're a team that takes a lot of penalties.  We've been taking too many penalties since game one.  It's not a conspiracy, it's just sloppy play.

Right, that's like accusing a judge of being corrupt... We all know that can't be possible  :innocent:

Boston is not the most well disciplined team, and for them to not take any penalties against a "goon filled" Wings squad...what were we thinking?

"Wow Chicago, you've won four Stanley Cups? Me too! - Kris Draper"

#355 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,976 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:16 PM

its nice when 3 lines score. nice to see the new guys help too. 

monster did a helleva job

glendening > emmerton for sure

lashoff > smith 

i hate chara and dont think hes special and love how datsyuk made him look like s***.

good game \

i hope Z can keep it up unlike last season

Edited by brett, 14 October 2013 - 04:23 PM.

#356 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:17 PM

If the score had been 3-1 Boston, in Detroit, the calls would've probably been in Detroit's favor.  Nearly every ref in the league is guilty of it to some extent, but Brad Watson is the worst . 

Also, if there's any league that would fix games via reffing, it's the NHL.  The MLB, and NFL don't need it, but you know how the NHL sells itself on parity and close games.  

If the NHL were going to fix games, why would they waste time fixing games for a franchise that's going to win anyway?  Both Detroit and Boston are perennial contenders with strong fan bases.  If the fix was in, wouldn't you expect the NHL to help out Florida, Tampa, Dallas, or Phoenix (the team the NHL owned for years)?

Why the hell would you conspire to help a team that doesn't need it?

Edited by kipwinger, 14 October 2013 - 04:19 PM.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#357 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,042 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:23 PM

Gus was great today, he needs to play consistent now and not fall into his "Monster" ways.

#NOMOREKINDL

#358 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:30 PM

If the NHL were going to fix games, why would they waste time fixing games for a franchise that's going to win anyway?  Both Detroit and Boston are perennial contenders with strong fan bases.  If the fix was in, wouldn't you expect the NHL to help out Florida, Tampa, Dallas, or Phoenix (the team the NHL owned for years)?

Why the hell would you conspire to help a team that doesn't need it?

Well the point of fixing games is to make money from Vegas lines. With that said, I don't think NHL refs are fixing games. Just one of those games where the other team didn't have to kill a penalty, which happens from time to time.

#359 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,226 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:39 PM

Babcocks facial expressions seemed to tell the story of how happy he was with our guys efforts today, considering we were the only ones killing penalties

#360 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:41 PM

Gus looked great today indeed. Solid win for the 2 points.