• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Smite

Look what I found.....

Rate this topic

I was cleaning my garage last weekend and decided to go though a box of some of my old stuff my dad dropped of about a month ago.

This is had been in storage in his attic since I moved out in 1999.

post-17396-0-48779900-1381856578_thumb.jpg

It was a collection of my Yzerman cards I thought I had lost. I do have a rookie but that is on a plaque hanging in my basement.

post-17396-0-12298900-1381856670_thumb.jpg

And I also found this guy, back when I collected cards I had no clue he would turn out to be the perfect human.

post-17396-0-00629200-1381856714_thumb.jpg

My Wife asked if they were worth anything, I said not nearly close enough to even consider.

I thought I would share.

Wow. I've never been into cards or collecting, but that's amazing.

You're lucky they didn't get thrown out. My grandma threw out all of my dad's "toys" when he went to college. All of his baseball cards from the 1950's, including the entire '55 Yankees.

I have no idea if modern hockey cards are valuable, but the sentimental value alone makes those priceless.

For those that don't know the cards they have been making the last 5 ish years have chunks of actual game worn jerseys in them. They are actually worth more than older cards of recent retiring players who's rookie cards were popular in the mass produced 90s. I guess they are much more rare now with bits of jerseys in them?

For those that don't know the cards they have been making the last 5 ish years have chunks of actual game worn jerseys in them. They are actually worth more than older cards of recent retiring players who's rookie cards were popular in the mass produced 90s. I guess they are much more rare now with bits of jerseys in them?

A way to sell cards since no one buys them anymore

As a collector of jerseys, I weep when I see a perfectly good jersey cut up into tiny squares for those trading cards.

I still have tub's of unopened hockey cards from the 90s... I really should get to opening them someday. Oh well, they're at my parents anyways. Awesome collection you got there man and even better than you found them after originally thinking they were gone forever! Maybe we should open a hockey card thread to showcase different collections. I'm sure some of you guys here got some outstanding ones.

As for the new cards with the sweaters in them. They're actually pretty cool but I was stunned when I saw my first one the other month.

I have a 02/03 Pacific Kovalchuk card with a piece of stick blade, jersey and autograph (1 per case). It's one of my favorite non-Wings cards. They've been doing memorabilia cards for over 10 years now. One that I really liked was the Be A Player Ultimate Memorabilia cards. They were $100 per pack (1 Beckett Graded card), which is insane, but I got 3 cool ones: Plante/Roy game worn jersey pieces, Michel Goulet (jersey, auto), and Guy Lapointe (jersey). I had to step away from collecting when it got waaaay too expensive heh.