• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
matthewdanna

Lineup Crunch: Who's going?

Rate this topic

With today's news of Helm coming back, as well as Eaves, in a couple weeks what do y'all think is gonna happen with the lineup?

Tootoo has played well enough to keep his spot in the lineup so far. Glendening has impressed, but we can send him back to GR without going through waivers (which I have to assume we will do once Helm is back). If nobody else gets injured (and that is a moderately sized "if") who are we getting rid of, and how?

I have to think that Sammy is on the bottom rung of the totem pole right now, but how do we get rid of him?

Do you think we shop Tatar? I sure hope not, but where does he fit in the lineup? I would still rather have him in the lineup over Tootoo, and also have him on the 2nd PP over Cleary.

Miller is playing well and looks good on the PK

Bottom line, Nyquist is looking further and further from the Wings lineup.

Guest mjtm77

It's gunna be a mess. With Alfie playing on the third line there is no room for Tatar. As for nyquist. He will be down for quite a while... Kinda sad. Good to here the news on helm tho. Hope is GR stint goes well and hope he is the player he once was (best third line center in the league)

Samuelsson is the obvious choice to cut but given that will not provide any cap relief I have to think they will waive Eaves. He is no improvement over the current starting roster. Glendening will be returned to GR. That would leave Tatar and Samuelsson up as extras. I do not know how this will address the cap situation. I certainly do not hope Tootoo is in the lineup to showcase him for a trade.

Someone will have a tweaked something-or-other that will put them on IR until the next injury.

On a totally unrelated note, Fargo's supposed to get snow this weekend. I like Sammy. I need someone to run my snowblower. Just sayin'.

Once they've sent down Luke, the only other one they can send is Lashoff, which doesn't help since he's a d-man.

I suppose the knee-jerk-think-only-of-the-moment reaction (and therefore, the LGW Way) is to trade Smith.

I wonder how long we can keep the running IR list before the league gets suspicious?

This is the million dollar question. All the lines are playing pretty good. Tootoo , Miller, and Glendening have been a good line and have provided energy and have been pretty good defensively as well. I think Eaves will get waived, Sammy will request a trade if he keeps getting scratched, and Glendening will get sent down (because he can). I still think Holland should be shopping Smith and Mule. Edmonton might be a good trade partner right now.

This is the million dollar question. All the lines are playing pretty good. Tootoo , Miller, and Glendening have been a good line and have provided energy and have been pretty good defensively as well. I think Eaves will get waived, Sammy will request a trade if he keeps getting scratched, and Glendening will get sent down (because he can). I still think Holland should be shopping Smith and Mule. Edmonton might be a good trade partner right now.

Mule will not be dealt. Were he to retire before the end of his contract, the Wings would be stuck with a huge penalty--as per the new cba.

KH will not chance that.

Someone will have a tweaked something-or-other that will put them on IR until the next injury.

On a totally unrelated note, Fargo's supposed to get snow this weekend. I like Sammy. I need someone to run my snowblower. Just sayin'.

Once they've sent down Luke, the only other one they can send is Lashoff, which doesn't help since he's a d-man.

I suppose the knee-jerk-think-only-of-the-moment reaction (and therefore, the LGW Way) is to trade Smith.

I wonder how long we can keep the running IR list before the league gets suspicious?

Good to hear that forecast for when I head there for some alumni lacrosse games...I'll be sure to kidnap Sammy and bring him with this weekend.

The awful contract Holland gave Samuelsson rears it's ugly head once again.

He wasn't bad but I don't know that Tootoo's 7 minutes really impacted the game enough for him to stay in the lineup either. And I have to wonder if part of the reason he's having trouble staying in the lineup is that he sometimes seems to take extra long shifts and doesn't change with his linemates. It may be fun for Mick to watch as he's running guys, but I'm guessing the coaches aren't fans.

He wasn't bad but I don't know that Tootoo's 7 minutes really impacted the game enough for him to stay in the lineup either. And I have to wonder if part of the reason he's having trouble staying in the lineup is that he sometimes seems to take extra long shifts and doesn't change with his linemates. It may be fun for Mick to watch as he's running guys, but I'm guessing the coaches aren't fans.

First off, Tootoo averages 39 seconds a shift this year. The only people with lower are Glendening and Tatar. I hardly think shift length is the problem. Don't let facts get in the way of a good rant though!

Also, what player would have been mor eeffective with those 7 4th line minutes he gets? I'm not sure how many goals a guy is expected to score in that role. He goes out there, takes the body, grinds away in teh offensive zone when possible, and is a pest. What else do you expect from a 4th liner with less than 19 minutes played this season????

Edited by dobbles

First off, Tootoo averages 39 seconds a shift this year. The only people with lower are Glendening and Tatar. I hardly think shift length is the problem. Don't let facts get in the way of a good rant though!

Also, what player would have been mor eeffective with those 7 4th line minutes he gets? I'm not sure how many goals a guy is expected to score in that role. He goes out there, takes the body, grinds away in teh offensive zone when possible, and is a pest. What else do you expect from a 4th liner with less than 19 minutes played this season????

Yup. Good ol' Harold. Ranting again. WTF are you talking about?

It'd be great to get rid of Samuelsson, but thats doubtful. I just hope Tootoo stays, since his signing he and Helm have played only 1 game together in the line-up. I just wanna see those 2 wrecking balls play on the same line and give us some real energy out of the 4th line. I like Glendening but he's no Helm.

Also, what player would have been more effective with those 7 4th line minutes he gets? I'm not sure how many goals a guy is expected to score in that role. He goes out there, takes the body, grinds away in teh offensive zone when possible, and is a pest. What else do you expect from a 4th liner with less than 19 minutes played this season????

Rant? I suggest you re-read my post, then compare it to yours and see which one of us is ranting.

I simply stated something I noticed about Tootoo from time to time. You citing his average shift length does little to refute what I was saying. Because it's an average of all his shifts, Tootoo could still have a low overall average but take the occasional extra long shift, like he did last night. He was easily out there over a minute at one point.

And I never said I expected Tootoo to score goals. I didn't even say he was bad. Actually, I stated that he wasn't bad. I just said I didn't know if he made enough of an impact that Babcock wouldn't try swapping someone else in his spot. Yeesh.

wow, someone posts entirely false information, but you take issue with my choice of adjective in correcting them?

I didn't post any false information.

Eaves willl be the odd man out. Has to be. Glendening will go back to GRs.

Miller - Helm - Tootoo

with Sammy and Tatar as healthy scratches.

That doesn't clear enough salary with Helm's $2.125m coming back on the books, even if Kenny manages to trade Eaves outright as that only clears up $1.775m. If he can't trade Eaves & sends him to GR with Glendening, that only clears $850k because of the new buried contract rules. If the end result the Wings want is to have Helm & Nyquist on the roster this season, that means at the very least one of Tootoo or Eaves will be traded & the other plus Glendening head back to GR.

That doesn't clear enough salary with Helm's $2.125m coming back on the books, even if Kenny manages to trade Eaves outright as that only clears up $1.775m. If he can't trade Eaves & sends him to GR with Glendening, that only clears $850k because of the new buried contract rules. If the end result the Wings want is to have Helm & Nyquist on the roster this season, that means at the very least one of Tootoo or Eaves will be traded & the other plus Glendening head back to GR.

If the choice is Eaves or Tootoo that should be a no brainer. Eaves doesnt add anything unique to the lineup.

I will be sad to see Luke head back to GR, but it will probably be for the best. I want to see Patrick stay, because he's always been good on the penalty kill. Personally, I'd like to see Cleary given his walking papers. He should never have come back in the first place.