• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Opie

Accidental or intentional hit by Brouwer?

Rate this topic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=i2cn3VBzCo0

To me, Brouwer went out of his way to hit Stepan, jumping over his stick sounds like a bunch of BS to me.

Where Brouwer was looking if not at Stepan I have no idea and if he couldn't see Stepan he needs his eyes checked.

Stepan had no idea Brouwer was any where near him.

I would have to say intentional. He had different avenues to get to the bench, none the less his awareness is like a peewee if he honestly didn't see Stephan coasting through the neutral zone. Just doesn't make sense to me. The hit could've been avoided by all personal measures to me. I guess my biggest thing is just not even attempting to avoid him. It's like he was playing chicken with a guy blindside to him....

This definitely looksl like an intentional cheap shot to me. I might be a badger homer, but he looks like he's looking forward and skates right at him with no attempt to even get out of the way. If he isn't at least fined that's a joke.

I don't know. Its not that easy. Brouwer might be honest. If you take a closer look you see Johansson blocking his sight. After Johanssson is gone Brouwer already turned his head towards the puck and might not see Stephan till they collide.

Edited by derblaueClaus

1. DAN GIRARDI

2. Looks like a cheap shot, at least on the surface of it. I can see how maybe he was just focused squarely on something on the bench and for that reason he might not have really seen Stepan. But that does seem like a bit of a stretch.

3. Brouwer's not known as a dirty player, is he? My impression of him is that he is what he says he is - an honest, hard-working guy that's not prone to this kind of thing. That's the big thing that makes me think this might not be as clear-cut as it seems. Now, if this were, say, Ovechkin....

I mean, it doesn't really matter does it. You're responsible for not hitting guys in the head, accidentally or not. He doesn't have a history of this, which should keep the punishment to a minimum, but at the end of the day you can't do that.

I mean, it doesn't really matter does it. You're responsible for not hitting guys in the head, accidentally or not. He doesn't have a history of this, which should keep the punishment to a minimum, but at the end of the day you can't do that.

Yup, true.

Brouwer? Ex Hawk. Imma go with intentional :lol:

Is he? Didn't know that. I learned something today!

I don't think it was intentional. Brouwer knew Stepan was there backing up, and then it looked to me like Brouwer looked at the puck carrier. In that split second, Stepan started to change direction to where the pass was going and I think Brouwer seen at the last second that they were going to collide unexpectedly, as I notice his left arm tuck and his body straighten up as to try to avoid it, but it was too late.

Looked intentional imo but you are spot on here.