• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

10/17 GDT : Red Wings 4 at Avalanche 2

Rate this topic

I am just glad that Karma came and kicked Roy's behind. But what happened to Nik was totally uncalled for. I hope he gets at least 5. But watch, he won't get anything. Wanna bet?

After Kronwall said he put himself in a position. Almost blaming himself. I would bet he gets a fine. Be surprised if he gets a game.

TLDR the entire GDT.

I cringed almost every time Kindl touched the puck tonight. Between the "I think I'm Lidstrom and can wail away from the blueline" shooting that went everywhere BUT the net, to the TERRIBLE pass from behind the net into the slot for a point blank turnover/scoring attempt. Ugh. I rarely get this irritated with a single player because it's a team game - and maybe it was the fact that they were down a D from 2 minutes in - but I was yelling at the tv for him to go back to the bench.

Regarding Roy's possible role in that dirty hit: I'm not normally the kind of guy who believes coaches would be that classless, but in Roy's case I'd make an exception. Better than 60% chance he planted that seed, hoping in some goonish, do*che-y way that he'd fire up his team against the Wings. Great win for the guys and I hope Roy and that whole organization end up paying for their lameness someday. Well, I guess the last 10 years of suckitude have been decent punishment...

Don't think he had anything to do with that play in particular. Lee Harvey Oswald killed Kennedy

TLDR the entire GDT.

I cringed almost every time Kindl touched the puck tonight. Between the "I think I'm Lidstrom and can wail away from the blueline" shooting that went everywhere BUT the net, to the TERRIBLE pass from behind the net into the slot for a point blank turnover/scoring attempt. Ugh. I rarely get this irritated with a single player because it's a team game - and maybe it was the fact that they were down a D from 2 minutes in - but I was yelling at the tv for him to go back to the bench.

Disagree here as well. Thought Kindl played well for the most part and looked deft in our end. Thought he stepped up when Kronner went down

AND ALSO, Mule did it all today. Finished shots, went down to block shots, finished checks... BRAVO.

The hit on Kronner might have awaken the beast, but just looking at stats, through 8 games he has 5 points.

If Mule finishes with 50 points this year, who is going upset?

I (like most people around here) am a huge Danny D fan but Im not sure I would file this one away as a "great" game for him. Solid maybe but not quite great. Its nice to see him get that assist and log huge minutes but he had a few rather painful giveaways in our own zone that nearly led to goals. I think E had a cleaner game tonight, but overall, our defensemen deserve alot of credit for hanging in there with a short bench.

Also, nothing satisfies like Franzen scoring against colorado...

This was a hell of an exciting game to watch, felt a little bit of the old rivalry coming back. Miller dropping the gloves before Toots this season was also a nice surprise, wasn't expecting that at all. To beat such a dominant team like that really sends a message to the league, they took full advantage of all the chances they had out there. Pavel is in a league of his own and Alfie has got assists coming out of his ears at this point, I'm loving it. Although the dirty hit on Kronwall still has me sick to my stomach, and even more so that Glendening got hit after the whistle right next to him. Just pisses me off, if there's no suspension for that hit then I lose faith in Shanny. Absolutely ridiculous, could've really done some serious damage to Kronner. I'd say Tootoo owes that guy an appointment next time these two teams meet.

Huge win tonight, especially after losing one of their top players. Gus has been surprisingly huge and man has Alfie been worth every penny thus far.

When he starts Scoring Goals than he'll be worth the Money we paid for him. #11 needs to be better sorry.

Edited by redhasek2013

When he starts Scoring Goals than he'll be worth the Money we paid for him. #11 needs to be better sorry.

You simply haven't been watching games. He skates, back-checks, has tremendous vision, and had THREE more assists tonight... Alfie leads the team in assists, and is over a point per game... sorry

Looking forward to read Adrian Dater column lol

You can have twice younger,faster and bigger team,but when the Wings got motivated get off the way.

The hit on Kronwall made Alfresson play like 10 years younger,Franzen played like Lučić,Ericsson like Girardi, Andersson like Pahlsson and Gustavsson like Hašek.

Don't think he had anything to do with that play in particular. Lee Harvey Oswald killed Kennedy

Disagree here as well. Thought Kindl played well for the most part and looked deft in our end. Thought he stepped up when Kronner went down

AND ALSO, Mule did it all today. Finished shots, went down to block shots, finished checks... BRAVO.

The hit on Kronner might have awaken the beast, but just looking at stats, through 8 games he has 5 points.

If Mule finishes with 50 points this year, who is going upset?

New in town eh?

I only saw the highlights-re watched x4. Monster is looking good here, he has strung three in a row which is the consistency he has been looking for. In Toronto he would suffer from being a different goalie in every period, stellar in the 1st and down right brutal in the 2nd. So good on him. Also good on Big Rig too for taking McLeod to the ice like he did!

Looking forward to read Adrian Dater column lol

You can have twice younger,faster and bigger team,but when the Wings got motivated get off the way.

The hit on Kronwall made Alfresson play like 10 years younger,Franzen played like Lučić,Ericsson like Girardi, Andersson like Pahlsson and Gustavsson like Hašek.

Oh God... That guy... Dumb tunnel visioned sensationalist.